Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi everyone I am exploring makeup I started with nail polish  I am good at that now I am ready to try lipstick I have no idea what type or colour would suit me

Hi Cara that’s a preference that you need to look at your self in the mirror and  pick something and try it . My self im a red lipstick kind of girl I just love bright red to dark red lips to me that is the image of a sexy woman when she has red lips . I also have some browns that come into play with some outfits and my nighttime go to bed lipstick is Loreal Bronzine #825  its so creamy smooth my lips never get dry all winter anyway good luck on you color choice.

Stephanie

Cara, go to Sephora or Ulta and ask an associate to help you pick something that works for you. Both stores are CD friendly and I’ve great success with both for help in choosing cosmetics. My experience with Sephora was a makeover, which led to getting the right foundation (FINALLY!) and at Ulta, the associate used my hand to put lipstick on to see if it would work for me. In both cases, I identified myself as CD. Go for it, girl and enjoy your experience!
      Kathryn

Leah
      Baroness

I prefer lip gloss instead, easier for clean up then lip stick.

Hi Cara,

I started with Lip stick.  Dark red from smash box.  It feels really good.  i just purchased Bert’s Bees light pink.  I can wear it every day as it matches my natural lip color.  In the open and no one other than me knows.  I shop at Shoppers Drugmart (Canadian chain), the girls there have been very helpful with finding foundation, Eye shadow, eye liner, false nails, and the make up remover clothes that I now use.

Purchase good quality lip stick, you will ingest some when you eat.

Have fun,

Hugs,  Paula

Lip gloss is a great start for beginners to learn on as it is cheap and easy to apply!

-SR-

Might be a little intense and I apologise if its too much info. If you understand skin tone and undertones and the effect of your look/complexion then you will quickly be able to identify which shades are good for you in terms of lipsticks, foundation and eyeshadows. You may find THESE VIDEOS helpful?

Hi Cara,

Yes ULTA and Sephora are friendly, I find the sales girls really enjoy assisting we girl.

I have two favorites URBAN DECAY and UD gloss.  When you apply the gloss it gives you a tingling lips and it has a nice scent.

Skylar

Anonymous

I am a beginner with makeup. Lately I wear Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer to work everyday. They don’t stand out if you stay with the natural colors. I use the darker colors when at home or on the weekends.

I like darker reds when I wear lipstick, but for everyday I lean toward Burt’s Bees tinted lip balm. The colors match my lips pretty well and they are subtle, so few really notice the tint.

Hi, Lipstick is always an attention-getter and you can have loads of fun playing around with lip shapes and colours I had some fun with doing this little video

Which lipstick

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?