Tagged: 

Viewing 24 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

who all grows there hair long and styles it when dressing? I want to grow mine longer.

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

I got tired of cutting the hair a while before covid hit and decided to just let it grow. I’m curious on how long my hair can grow and kind of competing with my daughter.
      This christmas we finally meet up and measured, my longest hair was 56cm and her was 58cm so for now she is the winner.

As for styling, to much work. I just put a headband and that’s about it.

/kt

Anonymous
      Lady

I’ve been growing mine out for about two and a half years. It falls about five to six inches below my shoulders at this point but I wear it in a ponytail in public with a colored scrunchie. No styling or color. The wife trimmed the ends once. I love having a ponytail.

Hi Lisa nice meeting you as for my hair its getting there now past the shoulders a ways and wife keeps it trimmed but with work in the way of Stephanies fun it has to be a little bit neater than Stephanie wants a few more years to retirement then he he hang on girls ..

Stephanie bass

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Oh to have the head of hair I had 20 years ago… it was half way down my back. I used to braid it, or gather the hair from in front into a ponytail to hang with the rest in back. Now that I want to look like a woman it’s to thin to do that fun stuff.
      Oh well, I guess that’s what wigs are for.

Lara😕

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Lara Muir.
      Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I would love to, but can’t. I still have thick hair at 65 but not a supportive wife. So, I will stick to wigs.

Hugs, Liara

Peta Mari
      Lady

I didn’t get a hair cut at all last, because of covid restrictions. I did trim my fringe, which was really bugging me.

I’m booked for a haircut this monday. My hairdresser cuts it long anyway. It needs a good trim to cut the split ends off.

Which is healthy for the hair, and makes it grow stronger. For those with thinning hair, a regular haircut will make it look thicker.

I have been watching Jason Hitchcock on utube. Especially his series on “your hairstyle makes you look older.”

He analyses photos that people send on and offers suggestions. His videos are extremely valuable.

Bah! I’m jealous and want to call you all B words! Ok, I’m over it now /sniff. I wish I still had hair to fuss over…

Kinda j/k . All the best with your hair you lucky ladies.

Catherine

Anonymous

Hi Lisa,

yes, I enjoy long fair. A few months ago, I found a friendly local woman hairdresser who gave it quite a sharp trim to attack split ends. I haven’t plucked up the nerve to get it styled a bit more femme.

Getting a trim sounds counter intuitive to growing your hair out as quickly as you can, but in the long run, it’s good for your hair.

Marti xxx

Prudence
      Ambassador

A friend just styled my hair tonight. Or messed around with it. She had never seen me without a wig. She wants me to get it colored and styled. She will go with me. So mine will continue to grow out!!  I cant wait!!   Hugs Pru

My hair is growing longer.  I would like a femme cut, that i can style for daily life. But am afraid to ask for it so it is getting very shaggy.

Hi Lisa,

My hair is about 10 inches past my shoulders and fairly straight. I don’t have any gray hairs yet which is odd considering my age, but I’m not complaining. I can style it a couple of different ways for a more feminine appearance. Any thing else would require hair spray which I don’t like using.

My hair has been quite long (it goes past the top of my breast forms) and has been for some time.  Because of breakage, it doesn’t grow any longer. I have been coloring my hair for over 20 years to get the grey out, but have not had it done in 2 years because of COVID.

But I can’t really style it.  First, my forehead screams MALE.  So at a minimum, I need clip-on bangs.  I have tried to have it in a wave over my forehead, but it doesn’t stay.

The other problem I have is that my hair is very fine.  I remember my mother’s hair was also very fine.  Although my hair is long, there is very little volume to it.  If you take a wig and gather all the hair in front of one ear, you will have about as much (or maybe even more) hair as I have if I gather it all into a pony tail.  This makes it sensitive to moisture which causes frizz and random curliness at the ends.

I have to flat iron my hair to keep it straight.  Partly because of the fine texture, but partly because grey hair also tends to be wiry.  Coloring my hair not only makes me feel younger, it helps to keep the grey hairs straighter.

If I’m lazy, or I’m going to the beach or a pool, I’ll wear my own hair with clip-on bangs.  Otherwise I prefer the wig just because of the volume of the hair.

my hair is down to my mid back and I love it! I love putting girly decorations in it (badrrettes, ribbons, sparkly clips). I often wear it in a high pony tail with a ribbon. I have had bangs in the past and they just scream ‘girl!’

My hair is very black, very straight, and I used to let it grow down past my butt. Most of the time I would wear it in a pony tail or gather it up in a bun on the top of my head. These days I keep it shoulder length. I just submitted an article that should be posted in a few weeks regarding some stories about my hair.

My hair is pretty much as in my pictures (faceapp added the curl & about an inch).
      I’m lucky to not have any receding or baldness & the next time I go to the hairdressers I’m going to ask for an androgynous style.

Barb Wire
      Lady

Oh, yes! Mine is now touching my shoulders and beginning to curl up! I plan on growing my hair much longer too.

I trim it slightly once in a while just to shape it.

Love it, especially when someone’s fingers gently comb through it! OMG!

Barb 🙂

Color me green with envy for all you girls with those lovely long locks.  Lucky, lucky, lucky souls be you.  I so yearn for the days when I grew mine out to just past shoulder length for all too brief a period during my ‘70s college days.  Too old and balding now to pull it off and wouldn’t you know it my wife just adores long hair on men too! LOL

*** Kayla ***

I have tried during the whole lockdown stuff, had a perfect excuse to ignore it, but the problem was even after like a solid year my hair barely popped past my ears. I just seem doomed for eternally short hair so I just kind of put up with it and such so I am kind of sticking with wigs for the time being.

Karla Rogers
      Duchess

My wife has been after me for years to grow my hair out.  At my age, I’m blessed not to have thinning hair or a receding hair line.  Still very thick.  When it grows out, it gets curly and wavy which can be maddening.  So I would go get a short haircut about once a month.

I have finally relented and decided to let it grow.  The last haircut I had was in late September.  It still doesn’t completely cover my ears but getting there.  Lots of curls and waves forming.  It is time to get a little bit trimmed to get some of them under control and cleaned up a bit.  I’m not sure how long I will let it grow.  My hair has never been this long.

I’m going to keep a unisex look as my wife is the only one who know that I dress.

Your hair must be like mine. The longer mine gets it gets curly and wavey. Not as bad as it was when I was younger.

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

In my teens I had hair well down my back but unfortunately because of life style changes couldn’t keep it going. Then came the crew cuts and  well seamed for ever since  but decided 3 years ago to let it grow because of a family challenge. I started it and after proving to my daughter’s pictures of me back them  that growing my hair was no problem decided to keep it and again I’m proud to say its well below my back with full body and natural color.  Close to 50 years  had passed and blessed to have it once again. Hardest part now is to explain to everyone especially my 3 daughter’s why I’m keeping it and letting it continue. Besides my wife and many of you ladies we know the reasons why Lol… 🌷

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

I to used covid as an excuse to let my hair grow out. It is now past my shoulders, just about where my breasts would start if I had real feminine breasts. The covid restrictions here in Iowa have been much relaxed since the summer of 2020, so I have had my hair colored twice now, mainly to cover the gray. I am looking forward to coloring it again this summer (maybe something further out there).

. . . Cassie

I too used COVIT as an excuse to let my hair grow. It’s now just past my shoulders and I’ve been wearing it in a ponytail. I really don’t know anything about styling it but I have enjoyed wearing different colored scrunches. It may be a long time before it gets as long as my wigs.

Saw your pic with poneytail . Love it

Thank you!  I love that pic too and it’s gotten longer since then.

I thankfully have never had an issue with male pattern balding.  I’ve also never kept my hair short.  So growing out my hair was never an issue.  While I typically do wear a wig, it’s just easier, I have allowed my hair to grow out past my shoulders a few times, without any issue.  While today my hair is now gray, and I’d love to have it professionally colored, that will wait till I retire.  I want to have my hair at least once in my life take care of at a salon.  Proper color and style.

Zoe
      Lady

I have grown mine, its past my shoulders now. However, I have not gone as far as styling it when dressed. I do put it in pigtails on occasion.

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

I would love to take that hair for you!😆

💕Lara

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Lara Muir.

I started letting my hair grow when Covid started. It’s about 12” long now. The funny thing is that I think it’s so much easier this length. I just keep it in a ponytail tho. When my hair was short it required a lot of time and effort to look decent.

I was planning to donate my hair once it got long enough. Now that I’m at the point where I can almost donate it, I want to let it keep growing. So I’m going to keep it for now.

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?