- January 20, 2022 at 6:54 pm #613848Lisa71106 AlbgightParticipantRegistered On: January 1, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 3Has thanked: 38 timesBeen thanked: 45 times
who all grows there hair long and styles it when dressing? I want to grow mine longer.
- January 23, 2022 at 9:27 am #614615ZoeLadyRegistered On: December 13, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 73Has thanked: 132 timesBeen thanked: 329 times
- January 22, 2022 at 8:08 pm #614429Brenda ScottLadyRegistered On: February 11, 2017Topics: 2Replies: 9Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 57 times
I thankfully have never had an issue with male pattern balding. I’ve also never kept my hair short. So growing out my hair was never an issue. While I typically do wear a wig, it’s just easier, I have allowed my hair to grow out past my shoulders a few times, without any issue. While today my hair is now gray, and I’d love to have it professionally colored, that will wait till I retire. I want to have my hair at least once in my life take care of at a salon. Proper color and style.
- January 22, 2022 at 4:40 am #614174Lacy SatinLadyRegistered On: June 27, 2018Topics: 7Replies: 486Has thanked: 442 timesBeen thanked: 2232 times
I too used COVIT as an excuse to let my hair grow. It’s now just past my shoulders and I’ve been wearing it in a ponytail. I really don’t know anything about styling it but I have enjoyed wearing different colored scrunches. It may be a long time before it gets as long as my wigs.
- January 21, 2022 at 7:14 pm #614101Cassie JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 49Replies: 855Has thanked: 2046 timesBeen thanked: 4092 times
I to used covid as an excuse to let my hair grow out. It is now past my shoulders, just about where my breasts would start if I had real feminine breasts. The covid restrictions here in Iowa have been much relaxed since the summer of 2020, so I have had my hair colored twice now, mainly to cover the gray. I am looking forward to coloring it again this summer (maybe something further out there).
. . . Cassie
- January 21, 2022 at 6:07 pm #614084Stephanie FlowersAmbassadorRegistered On: June 26, 2017Topics: 34Replies: 6131Has thanked: 11694 timesBeen thanked: 12437 times
In my teens I had hair well down my back but unfortunately because of life style changes couldn’t keep it going. Then came the crew cuts and well seamed for ever since but decided 3 years ago to let it grow because of a family challenge. I started it and after proving to my daughter’s pictures of me back them that growing my hair was no problem decided to keep it and again I’m proud to say its well below my back with full body and natural color. Close to 50 years had passed and blessed to have it once again. Hardest part now is to explain to everyone especially my 3 daughter’s why I’m keeping it and letting it continue. Besides my wife and many of you ladies we know the reasons why Lol… 🌷
- January 21, 2022 at 9:22 am #613975BobbiRegistered On: September 13, 2018Topics: 36Replies: 1759Has thanked: 2298 timesBeen thanked: 5704 times
My hair is 3/4 of the way down to my ass!
This is NOT by choice! I miss my cute little Pixie cut! It’s long, it’s lush with big tumbling curls.
(I know, I am crying with a loaf of bread under each arm), but I love & miss my Pixie! COVID has me afraid to go to the salon! I feel terrible, pushing away what most girls would kill to have.
It’s very difficult to maintain. I like to dry my hair brush it, put on my make up, and go! This hair is making my morning routine take 3 times longer!
- January 25, 2022 at 9:52 pm #615337Victoria FemmeLadyRegistered On: January 20, 2022Topics: 5Replies: 63Has thanked: 85 timesBeen thanked: 237 times
I started letting my hair grow when Covid started. It’s about 12” long now. The funny thing is that I think it’s so much easier this length. I just keep it in a ponytail tho. When my hair was short it required a lot of time and effort to look decent.
I was planning to donate my hair once it got long enough. Now that I’m at the point where I can almost donate it, I want to let it keep growing. So I’m going to keep it for now.
- January 21, 2022 at 10:12 am #613992Lara TuckerLadyRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 788Has thanked: 17408 timesBeen thanked: 2831 times
- January 21, 2022 at 9:15 am #613974Karla RogersDuchessRegistered On: December 30, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 46Has thanked: 39 timesBeen thanked: 163 times
My wife has been after me for years to grow my hair out. At my age, I’m blessed not to have thinning hair or a receding hair line. Still very thick. When it grows out, it gets curly and wavy which can be maddening. So I would go get a short haircut about once a month.
I have finally relented and decided to let it grow. The last haircut I had was in late September. It still doesn’t completely cover my ears but getting there. Lots of curls and waves forming. It is time to get a little bit trimmed to get some of them under control and cleaned up a bit. I’m not sure how long I will let it grow. My hair has never been this long.
I’m going to keep a unisex look as my wife is the only one who know that I dress.
- January 21, 2022 at 8:35 am #613964Jenny JonesLadyRegistered On: November 5, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 197Has thanked: 149 timesBeen thanked: 810 times
I have tried during the whole lockdown stuff, had a perfect excuse to ignore it, but the problem was even after like a solid year my hair barely popped past my ears. I just seem doomed for eternally short hair so I just kind of put up with it and such so I am kind of sticking with wigs for the time being.
- January 21, 2022 at 8:25 am #613956Michaela AnthonyLadyRegistered On: December 29, 2021Topics: 6Replies: 210Has thanked: 776 timesBeen thanked: 936 times
Color me green with envy for all you girls with those lovely long locks. Lucky, lucky, lucky souls be you. I so yearn for the days when I grew mine out to just past shoulder length for all too brief a period during my ‘70s college days. Too old and balding now to pull it off and wouldn’t you know it my wife just adores long hair on men too! LOL
*** Kayla ***
- January 21, 2022 at 8:14 am #613951Barb WireDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: September 16, 2021Topics: 15Replies: 677Has thanked: 3920 timesBeen thanked: 3283 times
Oh, yes! Mine is now touching my shoulders and beginning to curl up! I plan on growing my hair much longer too.
I trim it slightly once in a while just to shape it.
Love it, especially when someone’s fingers gently comb through it! OMG!
- January 21, 2022 at 8:14 am #613950Ayla HannahLadyRegistered On: May 9, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 19Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 201 times
My hair is pretty much as in my pictures (faceapp added the curl & about an inch).
I’m lucky to not have any receding or baldness & the next time I go to the hairdressers I’m going to ask for an androgynous style.
- January 21, 2022 at 7:38 am #613943Mary ContraryLadyRegistered On: December 14, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 54Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 164 times
My hair is very black, very straight, and I used to let it grow down past my butt. Most of the time I would wear it in a pony tail or gather it up in a bun on the top of my head. These days I keep it shoulder length. I just submitted an article that should be posted in a few weeks regarding some stories about my hair.
- January 21, 2022 at 7:17 am #613936Jin CrockerLadyRegistered On: November 15, 2019Topics: 5Replies: 495Has thanked: 33 timesBeen thanked: 1581 times
my hair is down to my mid back and I love it! I love putting girly decorations in it (badrrettes, ribbons, sparkly clips). I often wear it in a high pony tail with a ribbon. I have had bangs in the past and they just scream ‘girl!’
- January 21, 2022 at 6:29 am #613933Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 12Replies: 781Has thanked: 623 timesBeen thanked: 3347 times
My hair has been quite long (it goes past the top of my breast forms) and has been for some time. Because of breakage, it doesn’t grow any longer. I have been coloring my hair for over 20 years to get the grey out, but have not had it done in 2 years because of COVID.
But I can’t really style it. First, my forehead screams MALE. So at a minimum, I need clip-on bangs. I have tried to have it in a wave over my forehead, but it doesn’t stay.
The other problem I have is that my hair is very fine. I remember my mother’s hair was also very fine. Although my hair is long, there is very little volume to it. If you take a wig and gather all the hair in front of one ear, you will have about as much (or maybe even more) hair as I have if I gather it all into a pony tail. This makes it sensitive to moisture which causes frizz and random curliness at the ends.
I have to flat iron my hair to keep it straight. Partly because of the fine texture, but partly because grey hair also tends to be wiry. Coloring my hair not only makes me feel younger, it helps to keep the grey hairs straighter.
If I’m lazy, or I’m going to the beach or a pool, I’ll wear my own hair with clip-on bangs. Otherwise I prefer the wig just because of the volume of the hair.
- January 21, 2022 at 6:02 am #613931Michelle SkylarLadyRegistered On: March 18, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 187Has thanked: 585 timesBeen thanked: 681 times
My hair is about 10 inches past my shoulders and fairly straight. I don’t have any gray hairs yet which is odd considering my age, but I’m not complaining. I can style it a couple of different ways for a more feminine appearance. Any thing else would require hair spray which I don’t like using.
- January 21, 2022 at 5:02 am #613918Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 49Replies: 1378Has thanked: 382 timesBeen thanked: 5051 times
Mines been long for over 50 years. For the last 20 years or so it’s been down past my shoulders and worn with bangs. I’ve curled it and crimped it (profile pic) before but not for a long time now. It’s an easy style to maintain. I can easily trim the bangs myself and just let the rest grow for many months and when I think it’s too long I go to the hairdresser and get it trimmed. With covid that’s been about once a year.
- January 21, 2022 at 3:59 am #613914Paula HereLadyRegistered On: April 13, 2020Topics: 19Replies: 176Has thanked: 821 timesBeen thanked: 1095 times
- January 20, 2022 at 11:39 pm #613892PrudenceAmbassadorRegistered On: January 7, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 325Has thanked: 1495 timesBeen thanked: 1297 times
A friend just styled my hair tonight. Or messed around with it. She had never seen me without a wig. She wants me to get it colored and styled. She will go with me. So mine will continue to grow out!! I cant wait!! Hugs Pru
- January 20, 2022 at 10:26 pm #613884MartiDuchessRegistered On: February 5, 2019Topics: 62Replies: 959Has thanked: 4909 timesBeen thanked: 4542 times
yes, I enjoy long fair. A few months ago, I found a friendly local woman hairdresser who gave it quite a sharp trim to attack split ends. I haven’t plucked up the nerve to get it styled a bit more femme.
Getting a trim sounds counter intuitive to growing your hair out as quickly as you can, but in the long run, it’s good for your hair.
- January 20, 2022 at 9:45 pm #613880Catherine DicksonLadyRegistered On: January 22, 2020Topics: 36Replies: 272Has thanked: 332 timesBeen thanked: 1645 times
Bah! I’m jealous and want to call you all B words! Ok, I’m over it now /sniff. I wish I still had hair to fuss over…
Kinda j/k . All the best with your hair you lucky ladies.
- January 20, 2022 at 9:44 pm #613878Mary JaneLadyRegistered On: September 30, 2020Topics: 25Replies: 503Has thanked: 816 timesBeen thanked: 2566 times
I didn’t get a hair cut at all last, because of covid restrictions. I did trim my fringe, which was really bugging me.
I’m booked for a haircut this monday. My hairdresser cuts it long anyway. It needs a good trim to cut the split ends off.
Which is healthy for the hair, and makes it grow stronger. For those with thinning hair, a regular haircut will make it look thicker.
I have been watching Jason Hitchcock on utube. Especially his series on “your hairstyle makes you look older.”
He analyses photos that people send on and offers suggestions. His videos are extremely valuable.
- January 20, 2022 at 9:35 pm #613875Liara WolfeDuchessRegistered On: August 14, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 1484Has thanked: 2846 timesBeen thanked: 5099 times
- January 20, 2022 at 7:41 pm #613859Lara TuckerLadyRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 788Has thanked: 17408 timesBeen thanked: 2831 times
Oh to have the head of hair I had 20 years ago… it was half way down my back. I used to braid it, or gather the hair from in front into a ponytail to hang with the rest in back. Now that I want to look like a woman it’s to thin to do that fun stuff.
Oh well, I guess that’s what wigs are for.
- This reply was modified 4 months ago by Lara Tucker.
- January 20, 2022 at 7:14 pm #613858Stephanie BassHostessRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 22Replies: 3468Has thanked: 49788 timesBeen thanked: 12337 times
Hi Lisa nice meeting you as for my hair its getting there now past the shoulders a ways and wife keeps it trimmed but with work in the way of Stephanies fun it has to be a little bit neater than Stephanie wants a few more years to retirement then he he hang on girls ..
- January 20, 2022 at 7:12 pm #613856Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 24Replies: 1236Has thanked: 7584 timesBeen thanked: 6132 times
I’ve been growing mine out for about two and a half years. It falls about five to six inches below my shoulders at this point but I wear it in a ponytail in public with a colored scrunchie. No styling or color. The wife trimmed the ends once. I love having a ponytail.
- January 20, 2022 at 7:10 pm #613855Kelly TerryDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: February 26, 2018Topics: 42Replies: 433Has thanked: 572 timesBeen thanked: 1927 times
I got tired of cutting the hair a while before covid hit and decided to just let it grow. I’m curious on how long my hair can grow and kind of competing with my daughter.
This christmas we finally meet up and measured, my longest hair was 56cm and her was 58cm so for now she is the winner.
As for styling, to much work. I just put a headband and that’s about it.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.