• This topic has 38 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 27 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Sandra
      Lady

Hiya ladies,

So I’m still figuring Sandra out and exploring what looks good and how to look my best. Makeup is something I’m rubbish at still and I was wondering how the lovely ladies in CDH get along with this.

Do you use FaceApp or are you good at makeup and don’t need the help of software to look glam?

I’m using FaceApp in the mean time but I hope I can get my makeup skills to the level where I don’t need to use filters any more.

Can you do your makeup better than FaceApp? I would be happy if I could just match it 😋

*PS – I value all your inputs and thoughts and not looking to start a controversial/heated discussion. 🥰

• This topic was modified 2 years ago by Sandra.

Hey Sandra, I am very much like you. I have very little idea on how to apply make up. My Wife has offered to help me going forward but we are limited  in time when we can do this due to Family life. Looking forward to the day I can ditch Face-app and show the full true Sarah.

Anonymous

I have played with FaceApp in the past. It is a nice motivation tool. I am OK with my makeup. There are thousands of youtube videos on how to apply makeup for crossdressing. Apply makeup very lightly, less can be better. You can always put more on. When learning at first, don’t go for the bold stand out colors, go for natural colors. Less expensive makeup is ok when first learning, but as you get better with your skills, remember you get what you pay for. Better quality usually costs more. If you feel funny about buying makeup at the store, shop online, like amazon. Some places even have makeup lessons for crossdressers, I think Sephora does and ULTA can give you individual lessons if you make an appointment. Be patient, it takes time. Remember, most women have been putting makeup on since they were an early teenager.

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

After hearing so much about it, i had to try it out. The outcome was nice and gave me some idea what I might have looked like if I had dressed when I was younger. It was interesting but i never let any of those pics out.  I did it really just for my benefit. I’m determined to better my own makeup skills.

Makeup…practice, practice, practice!

MelanieElizabeth
      Ambassador

Never used it but have been tempted to try but a big reason I haven’t is that if I do I will see an unattainable image. I think it might leave me feeling depressed about my own reality to be frank. I’m definitely not skilled with makeup(still can’t cover my stubble properly) but I’m working on it. Every time I see small improvement in my appearance and use of makeup it motivates me to get better at it. It’s all about personal comfort and what makes you happy.

Anonymous
      Lady

If it’s a makeup look and colors you want to experiment with, I would recommend using  an app called Perfect365 instead of FaceApp.  I think FaceApp is physically altering your face.  Perfect365 applies ‘makeup’ to your real face and gives you ideas of what colors work best for you.

Then you can go to the store and get a range of those colors to try out on your real face!   🙂   I’m still trying to find my look as well.

*kisses* tara 🙂

P.S. FaceApp IS fun and I was obsessed with it for a while.  I’ve gone past it though and am trying to make the best presentation I can make with what I have  🙂

You Cam is also good – it does the same thing and lets you try hairstyles too.

Makeup only for me, but I don’t judge the gals who use FaceApp.

A relative of mine who doesn’t know I’m a crossdresser once FaceApp’ed’ a bunch of us after dinner to transform us into women and whilst the other guys were cringing at what they might see, I admit I was excited and very curious to see the result!  For me, the results were far different (unattainable) than what makeup alone could achieve so apart from the fun novelty of imagining ‘what if,’ it didn’t really provide anything that I could actually work with in the real world to guide or improve my presentation.

So as others have said here, I too focused on practice practice practice with makeup and watching endless YouTube videos and trying to get the same 20-something results on this 59 year old face – and not achieving it most of the time LOL!!  I’ll also confess that though I think I can pull off an ok look, it is only two or maybe three times in ten that I sit back after doing my makeup and I’m happy with the result.  Which motivates me to keep practicing!

For what it is worth, I personally think that contouring is probably the most difficult, but biggest payoff, makeup skill to develop/master, and it is probably the most significant contributor to creating the feminine facial ‘shape’ that FaceApp or other software manipulations do.  Most of the rest of makeup is about creating colour, consistency, and smoothness but the contouring is what really gives the illusion of a different facial shape.

Do what makes you happy!  So far as I’m concerned, it doesn’t matter if it’s with product, sponges, and brushes, or with software – if it works for you, go for it!  My only caution would be that trying to achieve in the real world what the software does in the virtual world is probably going to be an unattainable thing and you’ll need to be managing your expectations accordingly –  if you like what you see in the software result, then perhaps consider using it more as a guide and not a goal for your real-world makeup efforts?

Have fun with it Sandra!

Marcellette

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Hi Sandra.  For me it’s make up over faceapp.  Yes, it does show what I may look like in my ideal dreamworld, but it’s not real.  My make up may be less than perfect – to be kind to myself – but it’s me.  And I gotta be me.  And, you can’t wear your faceapp when going out anyway.

Stevie

Anonymous
      Lady

I’ve never used Faceapp and don’t intend to. Instead, I practice makeup skills whenever I can which isn’t often enough. Youtube is great for this. GG girls have years to learn as they grow up while we’re playing catch up and in my case with an old face which requires a lot of work to even begin to look feminine. I’m far from expert but I think I can do a fair job and have had no complaints. Less is better.

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

Hey there Sandra,

First, I don’t believe that I can do my makeup better than an app.

Second, I’ve never posted a picture using a face altering filter(aside from one that turned a pic into a cartoon).

I can see the usefulness in employing the app at home to try different looks and get ideas for how you’d like to appear. However, I am not a fan of FaceApp pics being touted on peoples social media like InstaGram and the like. I’m sure everyone has seen that lady on line that has a lovely narrow jaw, almond shaped face, perfect makeup, and a nice soft focus on the face…. and when you look at the rest of the pic, you notice nothing but male features.

Like I said, I can see the appeal in using it as a tool to develop your look. But when people post pic after pic that’s essentially saying, “Look at me! Look how great I look!” when it’s all an app and all the effort they made was to throw a frock over their head and turn on a filter on the phone…

So, I’m not opposed to using it to help. But I’m not a fan… I’m afraid that it can become a crutch to people that are looking for some kind of social media validation.

Hope this didn’t feel too ranty, that wasn’t my goal.

Have fun out there!

xoxo

Rayna

I used faceapp a few months ago just to see what it was all about. Funny thing is it kinda made me depressed when I used some of the filters.  I used the gender swap while I was dressed and I looked really good, like I think I could have bagged a guy that night if I was a genetic girl. But then I looked at reality and saw that it was never going to be an option without drastic changes to my life so I stopped using it. Personally for me using makeup and trying to bring out the feminine version of myself that way is far more fulfilling especially when other people like the results.

I kinda agree with a few of the other girls on this thread its ok to use it for maybe a base or what could be but sharing publicly without disclosing it feels a bit like lying. But you do you in the end.

I don’t even know how to use any of the apps. I am sure I could never do as good of a job with makeup as any app. But using one would just make me want to look like that all the time and we know that can’t happen. I love doing my hair and makeup. It is one of the things I love about crossdressing. And yes it is sometimes a disaster. Live and learn I guess. I don’t care if others use it but it is not for me.

Anonymous

Although I have played with a makeup app and had some fun I’ve never posted any pics from it. I am trying to get better at real makeup and I also want to look “roughly” my age. I found the apps would take decades off sometimes. Though I will say, using makeup regularly seems to have taken years off my face, even in drab. So hydrated. I started wearing makeup privately in my teens but haven’t used it much since then until 2 months ago. Luckily the fundamentals seem to be the same and there are so many great tutorials on YouTube for ladies my age. Now I just need time to practice, daily if I could. It seems like most women my age don’t wear makeup unless they are out for an evening but I have a lot of lost years to make up for.

— Abbie 🥰😘

Anonymous

Oh oh!!!?…

Firstly…I use make up…with me, what you see is what you get…. totally agree with Robyn…..practise!!!…

but if you want to use faceapp…go for it, it’s just not for me..you can’t wear it to the store!! (thanks Stevie) x

Secondly… When face app usually appears on here….it starts a war of words….

….please let’s not !!!

Grace

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Grace, I’ll channel my inner Shakira and say – No Fighting, No Fighting!  CDH is a demilitarized zone, no combat allowed. 😁

As others have said…makeup and practice practice practice! FA and other apps are great for an ego boost and they are fun to play with but if you really want to take a step to the next level see what a makeup transformation does for you. It truly is life changing but it really does take a commitment to practicing at it to get good. And the first few times it can be demoralizing. Just don’t be discouraged and work at it. I can almost guarantee the payoff will be worth the struggle.

Good luck!

Hi Sandra I have heard a lot about face app since joining CDH. I thought at the time if it makes some one feel better about themselves then have at it This whole virtual world is so brand new for me. I am old fashion kinda girl get out of the house and be a part of the outside world. Be out with others like you and even better those who like being with you.  My opinion about face app now its like being in your bedroom practicing make up skills without make up. Its like me taking my grand kids fishing and they say to me I know a lot about fishing until they have to bait the hook with live bait and they actually catch a fish and the have to remove the fish from the hook. Reality can be  difficult at times. Real make up and applying it takes a whole lot of practice. Just when I thought i got it right the reality of my age decided to kick in and everything changed. Keep it real and you always have a foundation to go back to

Luv Stephanie

So I had never heard of Faceapp etc. until I read this thread. The cave I live in has very limited access to the outside world, lol. Really not a social media person. So I just downloaded it.

I haven’t gone face up yet but getting closer. I ordered a cheap makeup kit to test the waters. Honestly if I could look half as good as FaceApp showed me I would be THRILLED! It gave me some sort of idea what my femme face might look like. I would not post it as me because it’s not.

Anonymous

There a tons and tons of makeup tutorials on You tube from basic to advance. Also can write to the makeup sponsor that always on CDH can help you pick things out just by sending a pic of self.

Rhonda Roe…
      Managing Ambassador

I will be brief om this topic. If you want to use photo altering apps for private use and makeup ideas, knock yourself out. If you are using them and sharing on CDH you are misrepresenting yourself. We sincerely want to see the REAL you.
      Rhonda

The real me??? This is not a site for horror movies, lol!

I hear you with the makeup skills issue. I have booked myself in to see a professional makeup artist, who is CD accepting, in fact that is all she does now a days. I am hoping to come away with a new skill set, maybe you should look at this too. It costs a little but I think well worth the investment.

Sally

A pro makeover is worth every penny!

I’ve had 2, and got loads of great tips as well as a massive confidence boost of a look!

Love Laura

And I love your make over picture. I am hoping to achieve what you have been able to in your session….amazing

Sally

Hi hon, the “makeover” picture is me after a makeover – but also is my Faceapped picture (as per the logo imprinted on the image).

I would be happy to change the title to “Makeover – FaceApped!!”

Is the text clear enough?

Ohhhh, makes sense now. I’m downloading that App, looks so fun but I will not upload to CDH

Sallly

No, I cannot do my makeup as well as Faceapp does – but that doesn’t stop me trying!

There has to be a next level to take it – that’s part of the fun of gaming.

If the images are unattainable (and I am not convinced they are, despite the subtle feature shape changing), then that’s unimportant – it’s better to travel than to arrive.

I use it, am honest, and do not mis represent myself – the clearly marked picture in my public gallery is a 100% honest re-presentation.

If anyone has tech tips on contouring (or any other techniques) that stand a chance of beating the Faceapp boss, I’d love to hear them!

Love Laura

First, there is no way you can ever do makeup as well as FaceApp. In addition to applying makeup, it also has the ability to feminize features: which includes changing lip size, reducing space between lips and nose, increasing size of eyes, smoothing brow bone, softening skin tone, etc. And, it uses AI to either age you or, my favorite, make you younger. You would need facial feminizing surgery and a time machine to do that in the physical world.

I love applying makeup. It actually relaxes me and I enjoy watching Elise emerge. And, with lots of practice, I’m improving. But, I also enjoy playing around with the apps. One of these days I’ll post some pics to my private gallery (side by side, before and after). But right now, I gotta run to the Hella Mega Tour…

Hugs,

Elise🎸

Makeup only for me. I have zero interest in face apps, not my thing at all.

If I’m going to post pictures it will be the real 100% Sandy. I only have a few posted photos throughout all the sites I’m on that don’t show my face and those might be feet or legs but these are likely in a grouping that shows face and or entire body.

I realize not everyone is ready to show there face and to me that is fine. IMO I would rather see something with no face then faceapp photos or cut and pasted head photos.

I would not base a friendship connection on something like this, especially on a great site like this.

Sandy

Faceapp may help give you an idea, or a goal to strive towards, but actually practicing with makeup is the only way you will get there.  You have to remember, most GG’s have played with makeup since before puberty, and well, practice makes perfect in most cases.

Just once have I fooled the faceapp into thinking I was a woman and it wanted to gender swap me to a man, and that was when I started to learn what I was doing right.  I’m still working to replicate this success, but well, I guess I need more practice practice practice.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Face apps certainly can work to make you look better, though honestly I’m not fan of fakery like that.

Makeup of any kind isn’t likely to be as good as a face app could be, so my thoughts are if you like to use face app, and I admit they can make you good, go for it, but it’s not something to compare makeup to on your face.

My opinion only, of course!

Amy

Anonymous

Hi Sandra,
      I have yet to seriously work at my makeup skills so I have no way to compare with FaceApp.
      I will say that FaceApp started me on this latest journey into the pink fog. I discovered the app one day and was playing around with it and suddenly there was Jillian. Hit me like a thunderbolt, there was the woman I could have been staring back at me. I nearly cried that day.
      I used that photo here as my avatar for a while but switched to the animated version because I thought it was disingenuous and misleading.
      I now have an ideal to strive for though.

Hugs
      Jillian

Anonymous

I’ve never used FaceApp and do not plan on using it.  I’ve spent a lot of time and bought a lot of make-up experimenting with different looks for myself.  I still struggle sometimes, especially with my eye make-up.  (My eye shadow never ends up looking like what I had in mind when I started applying it.  How do girls apply eyeliner so cleanly?  I always end up with smudges and spots where it is too thick or thin.)  But still, my make-up skills are greatly improved compared to when I started.

FaceApp may be fun and allow one to quickly and easily see how one looks with various make-up applied, but it won’t help when it is time to put your face on.

I find eyeliner and eye makeup generally fiendishly difficult too!

It’s the 3 P’s:

Practice, practice, practice.

And watch loads of YouTubes 😍

Anonymous

I’m with you, Laura, practice and YouTube videos really help.

I’ve been trying to get better at applying makeup.  Then I met another gurl on this site. We were talking makeup and I said I needed some pointers well she doesn’t live to far from me. So she said she has a place she goes she got us hooked up with a salon for a private makeup lesson. I am so excited and nervous.

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?