• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 2 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      BillieJay
      Managing Ambassador

Darlings, I’ve told you before that this happens, and today it really hurt our site.

A member posted a very heartfelt, grieving forum post for the attacks in Colorado this weekend. This is a tragedy of huge proportions, not just to the LGBTQ community, but to the US as a whole.

Some members here decided to turn it into a political soapbox.

I know, I know, sometimes we all feel like saying “see, I told you so”.

this isn’t the place.

This site is a haven from political commentary. As reasonable as your opinions are, someone else may disagree. As this site is a haven for inclusion, political commentary is to be discouraged and will be removed by the appropriate staff as necessary. We are not here to have a debate on a council member or an act of any legislative body, we are here to support and help each other with our feelings and personal issues.

in the end, the Original Poster (OP) felt that this debate overwhelmed her post, and closed it.

as a moderator, her post was the ONLY part of that with any merit, and it got shot down by hooligans with their own issues and soapboxes.

you are NOT going to make friends with politics here, please, I ask you, just don’t go there.

BillieJay

Managing Ambassador

P.S. don’t push it, I’m in a booting mood…

Kendra
      Duchess

I am sorry I missed the heartfelt post about the horrific event in Colorado Springs. I would have liked to read it and provide a supportive comment. I too feel grief, empathy, some fear and even sense of isolation and exclusion when I hear of such attacks.

All the best to the original poster whomever she is

Emily Alt
        Managing Ambassador

The thread is closed to further comment but can still be read.

https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/forums/topic/devastated/

Kendra
          Duchess

Thank you for letting me read Mary Priscilla’s post – I very much appreciate that. To me a plea to restore humanity is not political – it is a dream that I share.

So Mary thank you for posting your comment. I too was shocked and deeply disturbed by the event.

I understand the desire to accommodate different political views, and I agree that this is not a political website. But if we cannot stand together in solidarity with those who suffered from what appears to be a hate crime directed at our own community – then I do not know what we are doing here. I came here to share my desire to be feminine with others like me, and to both provide support for others and to receive support for who I am.

If that statement offends someone here – so be it – I accept the consequences

BillieJay
            Managing Ambassador

Marys’ post was and is helpful.

so is yours.

Emily Alt
            Managing Ambassador

I agree Kendra.  There’s nothing political about wanting to stop senseless violence.  That point gets overlooked every time there’s another tragedy.  Blaming some demographic group or an inanimate object misses the point.  Everyone agrees the world has a violence problem.  But as a society, we refuse to have the hard discussions about fixing the root causes.  Instead we’re always looking for a convenient scapegoat.  Frankly, it’s obscene.

Anonymous

I agree. Despite political points of view, let’s support each others as sisters

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?