Tagged: 

Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi Girls,

I decided to put on mascara yesterday and go to work.  Loved the look and felt good.

Part way through the day I rubbed my eye and the mascara rubbed off some and got on the skin around the eye and out the side.

A co-worker asked if I got in a fight on the weekend.  I went to the washroom and cleaned up as best I could.

When I got home I clean up some more. I thought I got all the mascara off.

At dinner my 21 year old daughter looks at me and says my eyes look like I was wearing mascara and I had been crying.

Once again to the washroom to clean my eyes.

What do you girls do to keep your mascara in place, and if it does run at all what do you do to clean up while out?

Thanks for any advice.

Love and hugs

Paula

Peta Mari
      Lady

You can use waterproof mascara. It’s harder to get off, but its less likely to run.

I find black mascara is often to heavy for me. I use a brown or a brown black. And tightline with a brown eyeline pencil.

You can get a eyelash primer. (I have never used it.) Which reputedly helps mascara to stay put.

I don’t use that either. Though I do lightly moisturize the lashes when I moisturize my face. Or if I use eyeshadow primer wipe the residue on my lashes.

Makeup is a huge industry in Korea, for men. A korean makeup artist showed how to make mascara set by lightly dusting a coat of mascara with finishing powder. And then run a second light coat over the top.

It works a treat. But. The caveats is. A light dusting. A light coat. You don’t want it to clump. Its better to do 2 to 4 light coats, over 2 to 4 light dustings – then one heavy coat.

Hope that helps. P.s. always curl your lashes, prior to adding mascara.

I always buy good quality mascara, typically Lancome and and occasionally MAC. I have never had an issue. I can’t say for certain if the ones I buy are waterproof but even when out on days near 105 it’s never run. As far as touching I an very careful not to touch.

I should add, it is not easy to remove when the time comes so I suspect a light touch would be fine.

Good luck,

Sandy

Anonymous
      Lady

Yep some makeup is difficult to remove but using makeup wipes will help even with waterproof mascara. I like Neutrogena wipes. I once had on some cheap pink lipstick that wouldn’t come off. I scrubbed so much I couldn’t tell if some was still on my lips or if I had rubbed my lips raw…. lol.

Just Cuz
      Baroness

I agree with using waterproof mascara.  I have oily skin and sensitive eyes and live in hot weather.  Use to work in the field so I’m always in need of a waterproof mascara.  Makeup can be pricey.  I use Mabelline  and Loreal both in waterproof.  The Neutogena makeup remover cleansing towelettes are wonderful as well.  They  will remove waterproof mascara and stay put lipstick.  I’ve tried other wipes but always go back to the Neutogena because they work so well .

Hi Paula I always loved products from Clinique I have been using them for years. They can be a bit pricy They have a make up remover that is quick and easy. Comes in cute bottle the size of your mascara. Sorry. make sure you do have a few make up remover pads or something that is soft that will not irritate your eyes. Just hold on eye lid for a few seconds before removing. Do not play around with your eyes with the wrong products You are doing it right by asking questions

Luv Stephanie

Melissa Davis
      Baroness

You might try petroleum jelly. IT may not be the most efficient way, but it won’t irritate delicate tissue.

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

I agree with @michelle4me.

I keep the Neutrogena wipes handy any time I have makeup on.

Also, you just have to practice not wiping your eyes while in makeup.

There are creams that take mascara off easily, but the wipes are easier to carry around.

xoxo

Rayna

Catherine
      Lady

Hello
      Castor oil is very good to remove mascara

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?