Viewing 13 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

So I already said what I got for Christmas, and it was all lovely. What I found that was unlovely was covid. Although I had taken the test before Christmas, it took until Monday to get the results, positive of course. I must say, eating Christmas dinner and not tasting a bloody thing is a weird experience. Our daughter and her kids had already come to town from Florida before getting tested seemed needful. They’re all vaccinated, and said sooner or later were all going to get it anyways, which is probably true. I do worry about my trans daughter, she isn’t vaccinated. I didn’t have any real symptoms while they were here other than the loss of taste. I had previously had a fever, but it broke the weekend before. My wife now has it, I think. She’s going to a virtual doctor visit today. The crowd from Florida has gone home, and they’re getting tested before returning to work.

Hoping everyone else had a happy covid free new year!

Bridgette

Anonymous

Hi Bridgette, I do hope you and your family all recover from this awful COVID-19, and wish you well and pray everyone isn’t to ill with it.

Lol Amanda xx

My wife may have a bit worse case than I did, she’s feeling rather poorly, but I got over it quickly.

Some toad at work was sick all week just before the yard shut down for Christmas, came to work anyways, then the Friday before Christmas got tested and was positive. I’m not his biggest fan just now.

Hugs

Bridgette

Anonymous

Oh dear Bridgette, I do hope your feeling better and take care of your wife. This new strain is going through like wildfire.

Take care, Heather.

Sorry to hear that Bridgett.
      Hope you recover soon

Hugs

Liz x

Angela Booth
      Hostess

It’s rife this side of the pond too but the symptoms are milder compared to what it was before, the hospitals aren’t overloaded and the vaccination appears to be keeping it in check. 

Maybe we are now at a point where we have to live with it and see it as another strain of flu where there is an annual vaccination. We can’t continue to live in fear and maybe those age old measures, good hygiene and the old saying – ‘Coughs and sneezes spread diseases, catch them in your handkerchief’ along with an inoculation will be enough to get us back to a semblance of normality.

Those masks are a sensible thing but play havoc with the makeup…..

I’ve been so careful, got vaccinated as soon as I could, take precautions, but still got exposed by a creep at work who thinks none of it is a big deal. That exposed my whole family, the sorry sod…

Hugs

Bridgette

Hi Bridgette

I am so sorry to hear that your family has been affected by the big bad bug, as we describe it to my 5 year-old son!

My wife tested positive just over 2 weeks before Christmas, but fortunately it spread no further, and she’s mostly recovered bar the tiredness.

A colleague of mine tested positive 2 days before Christmas – it seems it’s everywhere.

This really is a tsunami of Covid, and I hope it moves on quickly from you guys and we all come out stronger on the other side.

Wishing you all the best.

Love Laura

At least this variant is milder than the first one! Glad you were spared.

Hugs

Bridgette

Rachel M
      Lady

Hi Bridgette,

Sorry to read that you caught the bug, hope you and your family get better soon.

Rachel M

Sylvia
      Lady

Dear Bridgette ,

I hope you and your wife will get better soon.

Love Sylvia.

Hi Bridgette,

Wishing you and your wife a quick recovery.

Alice

Anonymous

So Sorry to hear this Bridgette, hope all will be well

My younger daughter is due to give birth on the 3rd Jan. She spent xmas isolated with the new covid variant, despite being doubly vaccinated – she initially thought the symptoms were a side effect of getting her booster a few days earlier

How did this happen? She was wary but went to a small works xmas ‘do’ – but everyone had agreed to self test before coming – except for one crazy individual who announced mid session that not only hadn’t she self tested, she wan’t vaccinated anyway. But why should she be exclude from the xmas party? Hey, that’s what individual freedom and love for others is all about – no?

Sadly cynical

Marti xxx

I’m sick of the fear that has been driven into us over COVIT.

My grandson tested positive the day after we all gathered for Christmas. Since then my other grandson and daughter tested positive.  Everyone else that was there including me are negative.  Aside from having flu like symptoms everybody is fine.

It’s time we stop fearing this virous and move on with life. It will probably never go away completely, as any other virous that has come into the world.   Get your shot and that’s all we can do. It’s not going to stop you from getting it or spreading it. It only can protect you as best as any other flu vaccine.

I find life is too short the way it is to have to wake up every day and hear news about COVID, and go out in public and still see people wearing masks in an attempt to protect themselves from this virous.

The world is full of unhealthy people who should take precautions against COVIT and other viruses, but that doesn’t mean all of us have to be in fear of dyeing tomorrow if we get it.

Good to hear everyone’s okay!

Hi Bridgette,

We also experienced CovidXmas. My 21 year old stepdaughter tested positive on the 23rd. My wife and I felt fine until the 26th. For me it included additional sinus pressure, phlegm, and post nasal drip, (I say additional because I have had chronic sinusitis my whole life) fairly severe body aches, extreme muscle weakness, and almost a complete loss of taste. My wife had it worse because she suffers from Asthma and this time of year she has some very strong seasonal allergies. She had my symptoms but a bit more severe, plus chest congestion and fever. Her voice also deepened quite a bit and she sounded like a man and not at all like herself. She spent 3 days in bed and didn’t really start to improve until her doctor prescribed a steroid to off set the allergies and open her airways in her lungs.

We ordered and received home rapid tests yesterday. All 3 of us are now testing negative. My 27 year old son, who works as a waiter in a chain restaurant while going to college, has now tested positive and has similar symptoms.

I hope you and any family members who were affected have recovered and are feeling better now.

Hugs,

Autumn

My wife tested positive, and had much the same as you describe. Yesterday she seemed on the mend, today she feels bad again. Son isn’t too bad. I’m fine now. Except I get to take care of everyone else with the remainder of my Christmas vacation time lol.

Hugs,

Bridgette

This thread was supposed to be about support when one of us was suffering from misfortune during the Christmas season. As it is starting a debate on Vax vs antivax, I’m closing it. I come here to avoid the crap in the news, the conspiracy theories, and all that rubbish, and to get support from my sisters, not be lectured about why I’m wrong to get vaccinated for diseases.

Pissed off Bridgette

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Bridgette I’m glad you are feeling a bit better, and I do  hope you wife recovers soon hon!!

Stevie

That’s true! and I feel very sorry that they had to meet their fate that way. COVIT is no laughing matter, but neither is cancer, nor the fact that we could be killed in a car accident tomorrow or have a heart attack and die.

We should be able to wake up every day and be thankful to be alive and healthy. I really don’t think we need to turn on the news and here the latest death toll. I don’t care if it’s from COVIT or people who were killed in car accidents the day before. This is depressing news and fear mongering. I’m tired of it!!

I’ve had my shot and I put on my seat belt when I drive to work. I’m as safe as I can be, and God willing I will live to enjoy another day.

I hope this somewhat explains where I’m coming from.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Merry Covidmas!’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?