• This topic has 59 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 28 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi Ladies,

Five Brits and one American write and star in the BBC’s new sketch comedy show, ‘Monty Python’s Flying Circus.’ Their particular brand of silly, surreal mayhem will change the comedy landscape over 45 episodes that at first garner a cult following before achieving worldwide fame debuted today October 5, 1969 (52 years ago).

Alice

Anonymous

Hi Alice,
      All time legends one of the greatest collaboration of comic genius.
      They set a standard that many have failed to reach, and even today still stand the test of time through the generations.
      I actually did an English Thesis on the different between European and African Crows based on the search for the holy grail.
      “life of Brian” absolutely hilarious.
      Huge fan Amanda xx

Anonymous

Alice….

This could be endless….

The hell’s grannies, or the dead parrot…oh my goodness….nobody escapes the Spanish inquisition!!!!

…..and how do you write the greatest comedy song ever????…..

….I know, i’ll write it about a crossdressing lumberjack!!!!!!

Grace xx

Hi Grace,

Yes, let’s hope there isn’t an end in sight ….. reruns, reruns, reruns!

Alice

Anonymous

Used to sneak and stay up late to watch them on PBS as a teenager. Too risque for prime time, you know, nudge nudge, wink wink! lol

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Here’s one from the meaning of life that has a connection here,

‘ Is it a boy or girl’

‘I think it’s a bit early to impose rules on it, don’t you?’

Any one fancy a Waffer thin mint?

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I love Monty Python, I have the whole series on discs. I remember watching for the first time in the mid 70’s when I was in college.

Hugs, Liara

Anonymous

and now for something completely different ……

an Asian Elephant playing the ukulele..

WHERE DID YOU GET THE COCONUTS ?????

I WAVE MY PRIVATE PARTS AT YOUR AUNTIES, YOUR MOTHER WAS A HAMPSTER AND YOUR FATHER SMELLED OF EDLEBERRY, NOW GO AWAY BEFORE I AM FORCED TO TAUNT YOU YET ANOTHER TIME !!!!!!

Not to get off this subject, but it is relevant. Does anyone remember John Cleese’s “FAULTY TOWERS”? Another amazing show and hilariously done.

HOW DO YOU KNOW SHE’S A WITCH ?

BUT I CUT OFF YOUR ARM….     I’VE HAD WORSE !

I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND HOW SOME PEOPLE CANNOT FIND THE HUMOR IN MONTY PYTHON, SOME OF THE BEST SKITS /MOVIES EVER PENNED !

DEAD PARROT

THE CHEESE SHOP

ALBATROSS !

SPAM !!!

INSTITUTE OF SILLY WALKS

THE ARGUMENT CLINIC

and on and on and on and on and………come on people, that shit is funny !

Hi Alexis,

Yes, Faulty Towers.

Alice

Fawlty Towers is classic.  Snot-bubble funny.  Love that show.

Prudence
        Ambassador

OMG, I had forgot all about the Albatross skit. Thank You!!  Hugs

I watched Monty Python on public television in the 1970s. It was great than and its proven to be timeless.

ChloeC
      Duchess

My SO and I were only recently married when PBS was broadcasting Monty Python’s Flying Circus and we would watch and greatly enjoy it regularly.  There were several other British import comedies that we would also watch around that time, No, Honestly with the husband and wife team of Pauline Collins and John Alderton.  Being recently married ourselves, we well understood a lot of the comedy. The third show was Are You Being Served. During college I worked in a large (well, very, very large) department store and could relate to a lot of the humor, even though it was British based.

Anonymous

I also enjoyed watching Monte Python back then. I have the complete DVD set. Loved the skirt ” Silly Walks”. Hate to admit but the most favorite one was the Lumberjack in the bar. Died laughing, tongue in cheek, but still died laughing!

Hi Dawn,

Bet Grace or Amanda remembers the Lumberjack song lyrics.

Alice

Anonymous

” I always wanted to be a Lumberjack.”

Anonymous

I cut down trees, I skip and jump, I like to press wild flowers, I put on women’s clothing and hang around in bars…oooh yes xx

Hi Grace,

I knew I could count on you!

Alice

Anonymous

I think you should have substituted bars for Tesco sweetie xx 😂😉

I resemble that comment.

Except the cutting down trees bit – I would never hurt a magnificent tree. The mighty larch. Leaping from branch to branch…

Anonymous

The mighty Scots pine….the flowering cherry !!!

Anonymous

Well I don’t want to be an weather man either, well maybe a weather girl!!! In high heels, suspenders and a bra, I wish I was girlie just like my dear mama.

Mmmmmm buttered scones

Lol Amanda xx

Hi Amanda,

Now why would you want all the blame when the forecast went wrong?

Alice

Anonymous

They won’t be concentrating on what I’m saying  sweetie, the” big girls “will be in.

Way back in the early 80’s when I was learning to fly, my flying Instructor, in an effort to distract me would recite the Dead parrot sketch word and accent/voice perfect!

It took a massive affort to concentrate on my flying and not end up roaring with laughter. I must have succeeded though, as although now retired, I finished up holding an Airline Transport Pilot Licence.

And now for something completely different; A massage from the Swedish Prime Minister.

Anonymous

Johanna sweetie, have you ever considered that he may have been the nervous one in the equation here, hence the need to calm himself down. 😂😂

Hi Johannah,

Very mean of the instructor.  But you passed!

Alice

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

7am here and I am listening to Monty Python’s Previous Record with my morning coffee – thank you for the idea!!

la dee dee, one two three – Eric the half a bee.  …Poor poor Eric 😂

Love my Python albums!😎

Stevie

Hi Stevie,

Don’t laugh and sip your coffee.  Laugh first and enjoy the day!  Tomorrow enjoy a MPFC   You Tube video.

Alice

Anonymous

I have been a Python fan for many years.  I have all the dvd’s, several of the recoreds, and bothe the script books.

Best wishes from Doug and Dinsdale.  He was a cruel man, but fair.

Hi Steph,

Now you have a reason to pull out the videos and enjoy the classic lines.

Alice

Anonymous

I can actually sing the philosophers drinking song from memory.

A group of us used to gather from time to time. All equally mad as each other. A night wouldn’t be the same if one of us didn’t shout IIIIIIIIiiii for the others join in with manuel Kant was a real…. You know the rest 🙂

All together now …!

Alice

Anonymous

We used to get together in the basement bar of our firehouse on Sunday nights to watch MPFC.

A couple of years ago I had the opportunity to see “Spamalot” on Broadway with my wife. Simply hilarious, I was laughing so hard that I nearly fell down the stairs.

Hugs, Jillian

Hi Jillian,

PBS used to air the show on Sunday nights.  It was on for years.

Alice

I’d like to have an argument please.

My wife is a chartered accountant. When she was traing and very much a junior, she had to work over Christmas. She took in our Monty Python Sings CD and had “It’s fun to charter an accountant” playing on the phone system as hold music. This was a one of the big 4 accountancy firms.
      After christmas was over, her manager called her into the office. She went in expecting a bollocking…. The exact opposite….She was praised for showing the “fun” side of accountants. Apparently, quite a few clients e-mailed in saying how much they enjoyed the hold music. Far better than the bland rubbish they normally had to listen to. Not all accountants are stuffy stick in the muds.

Girls, you must google “monty pythons alzheimers answering machine”, you’ll laugh your bloody backsides off….. and remember…..

Crucifixion? No, they said that I could go free… Oh, alright, off with you then… no, I’m just kidding, crucifixion!

ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE !

We all know he’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy.

Anyone want to join me in the Fish Slapping dance?

CRUNCHY FROG !!!

You mean that it still has bones in it? But of course, if it didn’t have bones in it, it wouldn’t be crunchy now would it ???

It’s actually on Netflix right now.

Dirty Hungarian Phrasebook, if you look this one up on Youtube and pay attention to the cop when he’s first shown.   It’s one of the many reasons that makes Monty Python one of the greatest shows ever made.

In Monty Python, I love the lumberjack song “I’m a lumberjack and I’m okay,I wear high heels, suspenders and a bra, Inwish I’d been a girlie, just like my dear papa”.

I’m a similar vein did anybody watch the two Ronnies and the sketches they did called the worm that turned?

Anonymous

My mom and I used to watch the flying circus every Friday night on PBS, great memories. My favourite of theirs was the movie Yellowbeard, the pirate movie, classic. All the python gang, Cheech and Chong, Madeline Kahn and we can’t forget David Bowie as the shark. ARRRR Us Yellowbeards are never more dangerous than when we’re dead. I don’t have any fruit in my loins, crickets and crabs maybe. How did you know it was him. I have acute hearing. I don’t care about your jewelry.

Excuse me is this the right room for an argument? I’ve told you once. No you didn’t. Yes I did.

If I hadn’t nailed that parrot to the perch, it would have muscled open the bars and….WOOOOSH!  WOOOSH?…that bird wouldn’t woosh if you put 10,000 volts to it ! That bird is demised, gone to meet it’s maker, a stiff ! No, he’s just pining for the fields ! PINING FOR THE FIELDS ?????

Angela Booth
      Hostess

‘Is she a goer…Know what I mean.. Know what I mean…Nudge nudge, wink, wink….Does your wife like photography. Ay Ay….

Spam, Spam, Spam,Spam ..Spam wonderful Spam…..

Anonymous

Angela….

Give me a spam fritter anytime….you can keep your lobster….xx

OMG!! Almost 3 weeks late for this thread.  If I was a true GG, I’d say I might have an issue in the making

Anyway. My .02 cents:

“I just object to all this sex on the television.  I mean… I keep falling off!”

______

“I’ve got two legs from my waist to the ground, and when I moves them, they walk around.

When I lifts’em, they climb the stairs

And when I shaves’em they ain’t gots  hairs.”

“And now for something completely different…”

PaulaF

Anonymous

How about this one,

What have the Romans ever done for us,

Well they built the roads, they built our baths, they built the pub’s, ect ect ect X

Huggs Roz X

“She turned me into a newt….well, I got better !”

Anonymous

“Bring out your dead.”

“I’m not dead yet.”

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?