• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 5 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Lady

I have a nice collection of ladies full aprons. Vintage in nature, they loop around the neck & have waist ties. Housewives used them in their household chores when I was a youngster & I simply loved their lace, ruffles and colorful patterns. One of my youthful chores was to wash & dry dishes. When my father wasn’t around, my Mother allowed me to don one of her aprons. Usually, I found some way to get to a mirror & admire the reflection I saw. Her aprons made me feel special & feminine.

Such aprons are somewhat difficult to find these days & I expanded my collection to include beautiful cobblers. They are vest-like with buttons or snaps and reach only to the waist or slightly below. Still, their colorful & pleasing patterns…flowers, butterflies, etc….are wonderfully feminine & I enjoy wearing them. On occasion, I find one with ruffles or lace & pleats and add it to my collection.

Neither the aprons or cobblers see much time outside the house but they certainly add a sense of peacefulness & soft femininity to whatever I may be doing inside. Though my wife doesn’t use any, she likes them on me & has given many compliments on my taste.

Mandy Wife
      Baroness

Do either of you sew?  An apron like you describe shouldn’t be too hard to make and bonus of you can choose whatever print of fabric you liked?

Anonymous
        Lady

No, that’s a talent neither of us possess. The sky would be unlimited if we could.

Anonymous

I remember them fondly. I only have one, but since I began wearing skirts and dresses all day long, I use it for my meal preparations.

My wife received several when a close friends mom passed. Since then we have found several at estate sales and they were really inexpensive but soooo cute. We both wear one while cooking together. I am sure that you could find some vintage aprons on Etsy….. Stephanie

Anonymous
        Lady

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you for this lead. I’ll certainly check it out. Am glad to find another apron aficionado.

Hugs,
        Jen

Hi Jennifer nice to meet you and yes they are very cute and happy your wife accepts you as another woman of the house he he .  if you have a material pattern in mind for an apron my wife and i sew quite often  we will make one for you you just pick pattern and material  just pm me with details and we will make it happen for you girlfriend  ..

Stephanie Bass

Anonymous
        Lady

Hi Stephanie! Thank you so much for your kind offer. That was so sweet of you. I probably have more aprons than I need at this time so will pass for the moment.

Again, Thank You!
        Hugs,
        Jen

I have one of my mother’s aprons that I still use when I am cooking something that involves using flour (I guess that would be baking, duh.  LOL).  My sister and both nieces got the rest of them though.  We do have a lady here in town that will do custom sewing and quilting.  She was making the rounds at the local craft shows until the pandemic.  She still takes orders but it is expensive, but you get a discount if you bring the material and/or pattern(s).  She really does stay quite busy too and has a couple of other women that help her if she gets a lot of orders.

PaulaF

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Lol Steph!  Visions of you sitting in your high chair wearing a bib!  Maybe we never outgrow our childhood!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?