Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I bought some large acrylic nails with the adhesive dots from Talon. I want to wear them in a few weeks so I wanted to try them. I was totally underwhelmed  by the whole adhesive process, so my questions to Ya All is. Do they make a glue for a shorter duration of time, one to two days? Do there make an easy but effective remover for the above mentioned nails? And lastly, do they have adhesive dots that hold for 12 hours if I am forced to go that way? LUV, TERI

There is a glue that comes with some sets of nails that can be dissolved by soaking in acetone based polish remover for a minute or two…

Pumped
      Lady

Acetone polish remover will definitely destroy the fake nails. IMO, it is the cost of having fake nails!

I love messing around with fake nails and use super glue with a brush applicator to apply them. (Nail glue is simply super glue) One swipe with the brush down the middle of my natural nail and the quickly apply the fake nail pressing it hard to my nail. They will stay on fairly well, although I have caught one and popped it off from time to time.

If you are going out in public it would be advisable to carry glue, and perhaps a few fake nails, one of each size you use, and the polish you are wearing at the time in your purse for an emergency repair. If your nails are clean, and wiped off with acetone remover first the nails will stick very well.

To remove them I carefully pry them off with a nail file. Then depending on time, soak my nails with acetone or just use and emery board and file off the glue. Filing will leave some glue residue. I will put on one or two coats of clear polish and it hides any left over glue.

I prefer to pop them off, then try remover the glue. If you soak the nails in remover they get all mushy and are a real mess!

If you pop them off you might be able to reuse them.

Hello Teri,

At Diva Las Vegas 2021 I had a delightful  chance dinner conversation with a beautiful lady seated directly across from me who had the most gorgeous nails.  She was Cassandra Lynn and is a member on this forum.  Cass was so incredibly kind to show me how she created her beautiful nails and proceeded to actually do my nails right there at the table (thank you sooo much Cass if you happen to read this too).  The short version is that Cass prepares a bunch of  Lee press on nails (she always does extras) first by shaping them (I myself use a Dremel tool with sanding stone) and then coating them with 2 coats of OPI polish (she puts them onto a doubled piece of  clear packing tape so they will hold still while she paints them one coat at a time, once on one week and then another coat on the next week).  Then she pulls them off and applies and trims a piece of  Scotch Clear Double Sided Mounting tape to each nail ( I will try to send you a pic of the actual tape since there are many similar packages, I think it is the 10 pound tape that you can get at hardware and craft stores) but she doesn’t remove the backing.  Next she puts all of her nails into a plastic baggie and keeps them in her purse.  When she needs a nail she just peels the tape off of one and sticks it on (and it is really on!…You could play piano and they won’t come off until you actually carefully peel them off.  Also when they are off you can retape them if you want and use again.  Cass is a longstanding member of the community and most kind so don’t be afraid to talk to her.  Otherwise, you can contact me and I will try to help.  Cass said that she didn’t mind sharing her method and I think that if you look at her photos you can see her beautiful nails.

I hope this helps you,

Marg Produe

Marg,

Thank you for your wonderful response. I think I know the tape you are speaking of. I will pick some up today. Thank You again- LUV, TERI

MARG,

I have adhered one nail as a test with the two sided Scotch tape (I could only fine 15#). So far I am extremely happy with the results, it seems to be exactly what I was looking for. If you get a chance I plan to be at the Green Bay gathering in two weeks, I’d love to meet  you. Luv TERI

PS….I will report back if I experience any problems. 🙂

Yay Teri !  Glad you found it and it worked for you too !  This method does make for killer nails tonight and instant removal and back to work nails tomorrow.  I’ll PM you about Green Bay if I can make it.  Thanks for the reminder

Party on,

Marg

Marg,

Thank you again, I also wanted to mention “to the gurls” who use fake nails, when I went to remove the glue (tape) it came off in one try and in one piece. There was no slimy sticky residue that took forever to get rid of. It took only seconds to get the nail clean enough to use again. LUV, TERI

The Product (from Walmart).SCOTCH Mount Double Sided Tape Clear 15lb

Oh Wow Teri, a testimonial !  The easy removal was a nice part of the process.  When Cass was demonstrating her technique to me, she just used a small wood nail dowel to pry them off.  In the past when I painted or glued nails I always had some leftover effects of color or epoxy that I had to deal with.  This new tape method made it easy to party in the afternoon and then switch over to a new color or style of nail for the evening.  I also checked my tape roll and it is exactly the same as yours except it is the 10 pound style and it seems that we both have good results.  Thanks for posting this question.  There was a lot of good information shared.

Marg

I have used glue and adhesives over the years with little problems but occasionally one will pop so carry some extras in your purse which you can always fix while in the bathrooms. Nothing makes a girl feel so feminine as long colored nails when out

Trish White
      Baroness

Hi Terri, I have always used acrylic nails and glue and when I wanted to take them off I had a heck of a time and usually damaged one or more in the process. I went on You Tube and found this one girl showing how she took hers off effortlessly, she put some hot water in the sink along with Dawn dish detergent and just soaked them for a while and they just popped off with out much effort. So I tried it and it definitely works. No more damaged nails and no big deal in removing them. It really does work.

Cheers,

Trish

Valerie Kennedy
      Baroness

Hi Teri

I was going out en femme at the beginning of March and posed a similar question and got a lot of great insight. I was nervous about the glue removal process, and never really happy with press on nails where you put the adhesive double sided tape on your nail first. Someone suggested a press on nail where the adhesive is already on the nail, so you just peel back the backing from the press on nail and apply to your own nails. I found these at a Walgreens or CVS and was very happy with this product. It was so easy, especially those last couple of nails when you already have the rest done! They held up pretty well; one popped off toward the end of the evening, but at that point it didn’t really matter. I saw online a tip about application; they said to start with the pinkies and work your way up to the thumb, but alternate hands. I was doing the complete opposite and this tip was very helpful.

Good luck!
      Val

Valerie,

Thank You so much, Thank you for the pinky to thumb direction, I was doing that wrong.

I have fairly big hands- Do you think the Walgreens nails would be big enough? Luv, TERI

Valerie Kennedy
          Baroness

That is a great question. The ones I have gotten are on the smaller side. My hands are not overly large…but definitely bigger than the average female. The nails have a little curvature to them, so when pressing down, they get wider by flattening the curve. Also, I think they were less than $10

Regular nail glue works really well. The tubes that sometimes come with a press-on set works okay, but they dry up pretty quick after they’re used which is annoying. I’ve recently started getting the little glue bottles with the brush, and that works phenomenally well… it’s easier to get a consistent technique going vs. the squeeze tubes that may or may not be enough glue each time.

With the brush (or tube), just start from the base to the tip. One line down the center is plenty, then at the tip, go side to side… (omg, what kind of instructions am I giving here?)… anyhow, as long as you leave one tiny edge of the press on nail unglued (near the cuticle is best), you can wedge anything in there and they’ll pop off consistently easy.

I wear them and take them off regularly, and the sets I used from a year ago are still usable and not destroyed at all. Just remember to leave 1 tiny edge unglued and you’re good to go. They’ll stay on through anything pretty much as long as you have applied glue all along the tip of your nail and a line of glue down the entire length in the center from the cuticle to the tip.

Jillian My Love !

My eyes are no longer 20/20, the odds of reading instructions on a fingernail glue box are about the same as meeting Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love, beauty, and pleasure for beers after a hard day of Cross Dressing. Hopefully, I will get some great instruction in big print (with product names included) from these lovely girls here. Hugs, TERI

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Professional Makeup Advice’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?