Viewing 4 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

So I just purchased my wigs and I love them but I realized that I know even less about wig care than I know about makeup.

Are there special brushes that you need to style a wig? What is the best way to store a wig when you aren’t wearing it?

Please help ….this girl is completely lost on this subject.

Love you all

Brienna

Brienna,

If you go on Youtube and do a search of “wig styling”, you will find multiple tutorials on all aspects of wig styling and care.

Anonymous

Great questions Brienna! Not sure i can be much help here however. I store my wigs in the box that they each came in. Im sure its not ideal, but being closeted, I dont have much choice but hide them. If I didnt have to, I surely would store them on a styrofoam manican head. I have one that I put my motorcycle helmet on. They are pretty cheap online. I used my styrofoam head to put my wig on when I trimmed my bangs. Lots of girls here go to the salon wearing their wigs for styling. Anneliese goes regularly and has her hair set in rollers.

Love,

Chrissie

Thank you Chrissie, I have the same problem with storing my wigs.  I saw some heads at Michael’s that I think I will get and then figure out how to keep them a secret while they are stored.

Thanks again

Kisses

Brienna

Anonymous

You will find Brienna it so much fun styling and maintaning your wig. I Always brush it out and use steam to restore it if its tangled and you can use your steam iron for the steam. You can also use rollers for setting it and use steam and hairspray. As linda says go to you tube for tutorials and learn how to set it for different looks hon

Miss Cloe
      Managing Ambassador

I need to learn how to steam too.  I payed to have my done professionally and I might as well have real hair and go to a salon for the price.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?