Tagged: 

Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Nat Nat
      Lady

Hey, I’m new to crossdressing and trying to find my dress size so I can order stuff.

I wear bras but that’s it for now. I was wondering if anyone can help me find my size.

I’m 6 foot 6, 280lbs, wear a 42c bra. Waist is 44 inches and hips are 42.

Appreciate any help

I am not real good on dress sizes but you can go on line and look up size charts. I am 6 ft and wear an 1x to 2x depending on the style of dress. Hope this helps.  Hugs, Allysa

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

When ordering online. Many stores have a module to help you determine your size when ordering an item. This is not an exact method as manufacturers are not all the same. It will help get you in the neighborhood.

One makers 1x is another’s 2x. You really need to consult their size charts.

Most retailers have size charts for their items. However, some discount places will be lazy and offer a generic size chart or none at all; Sierra, for example. In that situation, one thing you can do is check other retailers selling the same item, as they may have more accurate measurement information.

I frequent online thrift shops and letter or numerical sizing doesn’t help a lot as sizing has changed considerably over the last several decades. Request specific measurement information. If they are unwilling to do that, they do not deserve your money…

Diana Stockton
      Baroness

This is the hardest part is sizing.  I wear a 3X top but 18 slacks.  The best way I found is to go to the big box stores and select items from the women’s department.  Then go to the men’s department grab a few items to cover them and then to the dressing room.  This way you can also see what colors and styles look best.  I have wide shoulders and discovered early on that V neck’s look a lot better on me than round neck’s.

Also different brands are sized differently.  If you buy of the internet things from China are often very small sized.

Good Luck in your adventures.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Nat, as others have already told you sizing is all over the place. Going by the makers sizing chart is a big help. Down the road there is nothing like going into a store and trying on the clothes, but I know many here will never get to that point so ordering online will be the only option for a long time. You need to know your body and how different styles will fit. for most of us guys our shoulders are broader than most women and our chest is larger. For me then I found going for an item that is looser in some of those key body areas are best.
      For these reasons one of my main shopping places is Torrid as they specialize in clothes for larger women. There are several places that specialize in clothes for larger women so go on line to check them out. Even shopping the same brand like I have been doing is not always easy. Like I said Torrid is my favorite where their size 00 or 0 fits me the best, but I found one cute top where those sizes were to tight in the chest so I had to go up to a size 1 which was perfect. By the way Torrid sizes; med = 00, large to Xl= 0, 1 =1X, 2 =2X etc…
      I have other problems with shoes!!
      . Cassie

What everyone is telling you is so true I have bought dress’s at Walmart and other sites, some brands I wear a 3X and others I fit in a 1X, I have learned so much from everyone here, CDH is fun place to be!!!   I have returned many things to get a different size. You will sometimes be a hit or miss, but when you do find one that fits it will be a gold strike…..  LOL  Be sure to get your measurements with a good cloth tape measure, and write them down, that will be the best starting point, and if possible go to the sizing charts and try and check feedback from sites you go to look for clothes.  Many go and try clothes on at the store, but for me I’m just to nervous to do that. So good luck on your search……….

Hi Nat,  One thing that I find very useful is to carry a small tape measure on my keychain or else keep it in my car.  Then when I go clothes buying (usually in thrift stores) I just measure the clothes that I picked out before even trying them on to be sure that they come close to my size measurements.  Usually my biggest problem is trying to fit my long lanky arms which actually are uneven.  After a while you will begin to get a sixth sense of what will probably fit you.  I hope that helps.  Marg

Anonymous

Dear Nat Nat,

For most women, the most important dimensions to consider are bust and hip size. Most CD’s have larger shoulders and a longer torso than the average woman. Buying a for a larger bust size will help you get your arms in the garment. For those reasons, My Sweetie has given up on dresses and wears separates. She has a few dresses, but few places to wear them.

There are catalogs for the plus sized lady, if you can receive deliveries. Any dresses that fit you won’t be very flattering, unless you spend a lot. Consider a few blouses and skirts to start a wardrobe at much less the cost.

A dress that fits just right feels so good! I get that. Some clothing is meant to hide defects as well as look good.

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

Most of us that are “average guy shape” will do better to shop separates… 2xl top and L or XL skirt…

Also the waistline on a dress with one, tends to be just under the boobs on me and I’m 6’1″.

I find shopping for tops and skirts better able to fit me.

Look on the Kohl’s website at clothes. There will be size charts that tell you bust/waist/hip = X size…

Good luck,

xoxo

Rayna

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?