• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Leslie
      Lady

I need help! For the last three or four years I have never worn anything but trainers. Shoes were never my thing. But I just watched “Kinky Boots” and now I am all hot and bothered about shoes. The really terrible thing is my feet are freaky (like 5 out 10 toes are hammer toes) so I probably can’t even wear heels. Oh what do I do? Is my life never to be complete???

Hugs, Leslie, I have no experience with “hammer” toes, not even sure what they are, But my heart goes out to you.
      Regine

Leslie
        Lady

Hammer toes also called clubbed toes are when one or more toes are bent under the toe/s next to it. On my left foot the little toe is bent under the ring toe which is bent under the middle toe, on my right foot it is only the little toe and ring toe that are bent. So shoes are hard to find that are comfortable. And walking barefoot can be down right painful. But OH those shoes are beautiful! As I’ve said before a girl can dream!

Ah, ok, then thank you. I guess I have 2 hammer toes, and 2 close to it. both my little toes curl under , and the next 2 are trying to hide.
          so far, I can wear sandals, though, and round toed in wide.
          Regi.

Anonymous

Hi Leslie,

I have the same issue, but to a lesser degree than you. IF I can find my size in a Wide width, I’ve found boots to actually be easier to wear. I have no experience with the Drag Queen styles, such as were in KInky Boots, though. Not suitable for an old girl such as I.

Bettylou

Leslie
        Lady

Betty Lou,

Thanks for your reply! You said the one thing that brought so sense, also being a lady of an age (75). Those shoes are not for me for a number of reasons, not the least safety. I have noticed that I am having more trouble just walking at all, even in my trainers, I have become much less stable between bad feet and knees.
        But as I say a girl can dream!

Thanks for helping me get my head straight!

HUGS ❤️
        Leslie

Anonymous

Leslie,

I’m sorry to hear that I rained on your parade…even though I may have saved you some misery. I had to leave my knee-high boots at home yesterday when I went shopping, in favor of my Mary Janes….I found myself too wobbly in the boots when I put them on. We girls of a certain age do have to be more careful, don’t we?

Hugs,
          Bettylou

Anonymous

Leslie…there are lots of alternative types of boots…from flat upwards…I’m sure if you just get wide fitting and try different heights until you get it right…also try round toed instead of pointed. Flat boots can be pretty and must be close to trainers, fitting wise!!

find on-line outlets that have good returns policies…and try try try…..I have several different heel heights, it’s nice to vary them….keep looking honey

Grace xx

Oooh yes – I watched that film years ago and felt the exact same way!

I’d always loved boots, especially stiletto heel boots, and that movie made me catch a fire.

Respite came from unexpected quarters.

My wife held a costume party, and, knowing that I have a thing for ladies clothing, gave me the part of a pop singer.

She prescribed the costume – in fact, she gave me the costume. It was the shortest silky tunic dress that I have ever worn, which rode up at every opportunity.

Naturally, I made sure to wear the prettiest, silky white underwear I could find, with a good, snug fit to avoid fallout.

If people were likely to see, I needed to make sure it was worth seeing, and not obscene!

But I was missing footwear.

What should one wear, as a female pop star, with such a tiny dress?

I took Agnetha and Geri Halliwell as role models, and found the most gorgeous white, thigh length stiletto boots on eBay – in my size, and they not only fitted beautifully and looked stunning, I found them so comfortable that I kept them on all evening and only reluctantly took them off at bedtime.

Despite the fact that they were relatively cheap and came from some Chinese site (I went one size up, to be safe), the PVC is soft and allows my big feet a little wiggle room – and my 2 smallest toes tuck under too – I’m not sure if they’re club toes, but they do curl under quite a way).

I still have the boots, and am saving them for special occasions – but it’s hard to see an occasion when I can really justify the tiny dress! My wife’s friends were really lovely – it does suit the “pop star” image to have the knickers showing just a little, and I loved the attention and occasional tug on the hem when I was showing too much, but it’s not really an everyday look!

And I got to keep something else from that party, so many years ago…

My name 😍

Love Laura

Dawn Wyvern
      Managing Ambassador

I know that there is a company in the US called ‘onlymaker’ who do shoes and boots for large feet and have a large drag queen following – so maybe worth a visit! – some of the styles are over the top !

my favourite shoe maker is Irregular Choice who make a truly wacky range of shoes up to size 10 (uk)

Practice  practice practice is the way to go – but I recommend buying a cheap pair first to practice in before going for the expensive boots so as you can do them justice !

hugs

Dawn x

Anonymous

*Definitely* avoid crazy-high heeled or stiletto shoes in that case. That could further cause irreversible damage. Stick to ‘sensible’ heels if at all. 3-4in is all. To be honest, yes, the 8in. heels are ultimate for femme loving shoe-godesses, but to get around, comfortably and look good 3inch heels are adequate. Goa size larger if you have to too. You can always pad those out as necessary, expect swelling too with shoes like that on for a while, so it’s an extra consideration.

Leslie
        Lady

Standing 6’2” barefoot I would look like a giraffe in high heels. But I can still love the shoes anyway. They are gorgeous!!

Welcome to the club🤣🤣🤣

Many women’s shoes and boots are things of beauty. You say ‘probably cant’, but where there’s a will there’s a way! And online searches open up a much larger world of opportunities of larger, wider fits. From my own experience if you want to try heels, start low!!! Good luck.

❤️B

Kind of depends on where you live but there are still shoemakers who make custom-made, bespoke footwear. You just need money and to know what you want. Remember the bit about reinforcements for ‘heavier’ ladies.

Araminta.

Anonymous

Was it Shakespeare who said “Vanity knows no pain”? Anyway the pain of high heels is something to consider. It’s your body telling you something very important. If you (enfemme) find some heels at Sally Ann or Value Village slip them on in the store and wear them in the store for as long as you can. You will know pretty fast the pain of elevation…..or not…I have never been challenged by staff doing this and it has saved me from dozens of pink fog purchases.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?