Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I am not sure where I am heading with this, but there is a possibility that in the future I may consider dressing at work (not anytime soon).   Who has gone through this and what have been the ups and downs?

Hannah Jeanne

First, thanks for the friend request. I love new friends! Second, big step! Are you starting to move past your current profile? I will be retiring from my current job in four years and if I transition at work will begin with a new job after. Cannot do it now. Lastly, I have a question for you and will send you a PM.

I may be…Ive always denied it but it may come to pass. Heaven knows!

Hannah

I’m with you! Though it’s always been more of a paralysis of fear than denial. I just glanced at your photos. You are a beautiful girl! And you look so happy en femme.

Thanks Stephanie,

I am very happy en femme, which is why I think my whole thought process on this has changed over the past year.

I am proud of the way I look.  It’s that pesky radio announcer voice that is getting in the way…lol.

Hannah

Miss Cloe
      Managing Ambassador

Hannah, you should see if you can find out what your works policy is on this.  My employer has a complete policy for on the job transition.  We also have an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that helps keep a buffer between myself and talking direct to employer until I’m ready.  They are a 3rd party and legally cannot discus things with employer.

Thanks Cloe

I was wondering how that conversation would start.  We have a similar EAP program.  Our company even covers transitioning up to and including srs.  But I’ll look into the EAP  in detail just in case.

Miss Cloe
          Managing Ambassador

Hannah,

I started at HR and asked how confidential our conversation would be without giving my subject.  When the answer wasn’t what I had hoped for, I stopped and went to EAP.  I repeated this with EAP and thats when they told me they were a 3rd party and legally required to keep it confidential.  You are in total control of this, so keep that control.

Marianne
      Ambassador

In a way I already do since I’ve been wearing solely female clothing for the last month, but I’m still presenting as a man. A few times when I was to be alone at the office I have gone full out with a dress or skirt and blouse, wig and makeup. My co-workers know I’m a crossdresser but only one have actually met me dressed. Though I would be legally protected, I don’t know how they would react if I started transitioning or even just asked to start working as a woman. A few I think would be supportive or just don’t care, but my boss seems to have some difficulties with transgenders.

Hannah, when I decided to live full time as Gina, I met with the owner of the business I worked at and told him of my plans.  The labor laws in my state are very clear about discrimination due to gender identity, among other things.  He was a bit surprised but he told me as long as I did my job he didn’t care if I was male, female, or whatever.  The first day I came to work as Gina, his wife met me as I was coming in and echoed her husband’s position.  There were only two other employee’s besides me, both males.  They thought it was funny I wanted to dress like a woman and gave me some ribbing about it but let it go after about a week.  I would get varying reactions from customers, from repulsion to animosity to apathy.  After some time that too faded for the most part.  I found the more I made it a non-issue, the more they also seemed to accept it.  I found I was often getting hit on by many customers who thought I was a girl but I just blew that off.  My next job I interviewed as Gina but did advise the owner about my gender identity.  Very few problems there either except for one guy who was openly hostile at first, but I discovered later that he was overcompensating for a true interest in transsexuals and crossdressers.  We are pretty close now and have even socialized away from work on may occasions.  I don’t interact in person with many vendors or customers and things are pretty normal.  I’m very fortunate.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?