- December 16, 2021 at 5:11 pm #589930Michelle AllenParticipantRegistered On: December 12, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 5Has thanked: 7 timesBeen thanked: 137 times
I would like to have a photo put in my profile. But I am afraid to put one there because there are so many great looking woman here. That I would suffer by comparison to them. I have a number of photos that I have taken of me in my most favorite dresses I like. Is there something wrong with me?
Take care everyone and a nice rest of the week and a great weekend. Also have a very Merry Christmas next weekend.
- This topic was modified 5 months ago by Stephanie Flowers. Reason: Moved forums
Total of 38 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- December 19, 2021 at 8:51 pm #591248
- December 19, 2021 at 12:45 am #590786Lacy SatinLadyRegistered On: June 27, 2018Topics: 7Replies: 486Has thanked: 442 timesBeen thanked: 2232 times
You should not let that stop you.
If you do your best to be as feminine as you can, that’s all that can be expected of you. Not all females are beautiful. You should not put such high expectations on yourself.
Take a look at my pictures, I’m no perfect specimen of a woman but I also don’t see myself as a man in a dress. I’m happy being as feminine as I can and that’s the best I can expect as a crossdresser.
I’ve never lied to anyone and said I was female. I’m not ashamed of being a crossdresser and I share my pictures proudly.
- December 18, 2021 at 10:17 am #590565Haley AnnRegistered On: October 12, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 257Has thanked: 247 timesBeen thanked: 1250 times
Posting your pic is liberating! Please don’t fear that based on how you think you look, only if other reasons exist that could cause you heartburn. We all appreciate our sisters and find their femininity both beautiful and brave
- This reply was modified 5 months ago by Haley Ann.
- December 18, 2021 at 10:03 am #590563DianeLadyRegistered On: August 6, 2018Topics: 24Replies: 246Has thanked: 200 timesBeen thanked: 745 times
It took me over two years to pluck uptake courage to post a photo which showed my face but I did and I am glad that I did! I am no oil painting but I have only received positive comments. Just have a go Michelle!
- This reply was modified 5 months ago by Diane.
- December 18, 2021 at 6:30 am #590501Elise MichelleDuchessRegistered On: January 3, 2018Topics: 25Replies: 357Has thanked: 482 timesBeen thanked: 1406 times
Please don’t feel that way. Nobody here is judging you. We’re here precisely because we want to explore our femininity free from judgement. If anything, you will be complimented and supported. You are safe to be you here!!
- December 18, 2021 at 4:06 am #590471Sally DrinkwaterDuchessRegistered On: July 15, 2019Topics: 25Replies: 326Has thanked: 103 timesBeen thanked: 1365 times
To answer your opinion of not looking like a model Michelle just look around you. Not all crossdressers are stunners, the same applies to real women, not everybody is a natural beauty.
Your profile picture is just a teeny tiny part of who you are, on a good makeup day take a few closeups and pick the best one. I’m sure we all do that.
- December 18, 2021 at 3:09 am #590459Regine KellyLadyRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 44Replies: 1464Has thanked: 20371 timesBeen thanked: 6973 times
You are just bing too shy, lol.
I have quite a few photos posted, and yes, I have left my first “ugliest duckling” ones there, too. Im still no beaut queen, but my pics show my progression, and I am proud, of who I am, and with where I am going.
Post your pics, sister, it is part of how we all become closer
Hugs, Regi :=)
- December 17, 2021 at 1:00 pm #590288Lara TuckerLadyRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 788Has thanked: 17408 timesBeen thanked: 2831 times
Like everyone has already said no one is judging here. Put up any pictures that make you feel good.
If you are worried about anonymity, you don’t need to show your face at all. There are more than a few of us here that only show portions of themselves. You can always blur your face too.
Enjoy yourself, go for it!
- December 17, 2021 at 11:38 am #590261BobbiRegistered On: September 13, 2018Topics: 36Replies: 1759Has thanked: 2298 timesBeen thanked: 5704 times
- December 17, 2021 at 11:27 am #590252Requal JoanneLadyRegistered On: December 15, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 500Has thanked: 538 timesBeen thanked: 1662 times
You and I share the same feelings Michelle. Requal would very much like to place a photo. She did have a photo on a similar web page many years past.
Requal is now a very private dresser and her fear is that someone will recognise her. It would not go well with the family and friends if she was.
- This reply was modified 5 months ago by Requal Joanne.
- December 17, 2021 at 10:13 am #590198AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- December 17, 2021 at 9:40 am #590176Carolyne ShermanLadyRegistered On: February 20, 2018Topics: 10Replies: 544Has thanked: 529 timesBeen thanked: 2174 times
Michelle I agree with everything posted. You shouldn’t sell yourself short! Many of us look at the pictures and learn from others successes. Those lessons can be makeup, clothes or even photography lessons. I encourage you to engage with your sisters here and take the opportunity to learn and teach through your photographs.
- December 17, 2021 at 9:22 am #590174JOJOLadyRegistered On: August 5, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 100Has thanked: 351 timesBeen thanked: 512 times
Michelle, posting picture on CDH is not a competition. The only person you need to please is yourself. If you are happy with your photos that is all that matters when it comes to your dressing. I am sure during your lifetime you heard to “just be yourself”.
- December 17, 2021 at 9:07 am #590170Stevie SteinerManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 77Replies: 1826Has thanked: 8178 timesBeen thanked: 9389 times
Michelle, others girls have already said it, but I’ll repeat it. We are ALWAYS our own worst critic, and we always feel we need to compare ourselves. That is something the rat race of society has rammed down our throats – comparing ourselves to others…. You have lots of company in that respect, but try not to let it hold you back. I was less than pleased with the first photos I uploaded, but nobody made me feel bad or unwelcome – only I did that to myself. Foolish is the person who judges a book by its cover, right? A sunset and a rose are totally different, yet both are beautiful in their own way. And this is the one place where we do not have to worry about being judged, we can just enjoy being accepted. Take the time you need hon, but know you are among friends who support you.
- December 17, 2021 at 8:38 am #590165Brielle RossDuchessRegistered On: August 14, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 409Has thanked: 2047 timesBeen thanked: 1810 times
Just shy and afraid of rejection, like all of us! Don’t worry, we all try to support each other here and I’d be shocked if you got anything but praise and encouagement!
- December 17, 2021 at 7:48 am #590149Michelle SkylarLadyRegistered On: March 18, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 187Has thanked: 585 timesBeen thanked: 681 times
Sorry, I missed the “profile” photo part of Michelle’s initial post making my reply somewhat off topic.
I also struggled with the profile photo decision and recently decided to add mine. I’m not absolutely thrilled with it but it is a actual photo of me albeit wearing a mask. At least I now have a profile pic that is unique to me.
- This reply was modified 5 months ago by Michelle Skylar.
- December 17, 2021 at 6:45 am #590129MelanieElizabethLadyRegistered On: January 9, 2021Topics: 19Replies: 237Has thanked: 672 timesBeen thanked: 1449 times
Nothing wrong with you Michelle. It’s intimidating posting pictures whether it’s a profile pic or public photos. It’s hard not to compare ourselves to others and to be honest it can be depressing at times, but this place is not a beauty pageant. It’s about expressing ourselves with other people like us. As a previous poster said you can blur whatever feature you don’t like and still share in a significant way! Try not be be hard on yourself I like many here have taken hundreds of pics of myself when I dress and have only captured a couple I was pleased enough with to post. Your aren’t weird or alone in feeling this way!
- December 17, 2021 at 8:39 am #590166
- December 17, 2021 at 5:56 am #590118Cerys BurtonLadyRegistered On: February 2, 2021Topics: 64Replies: 208Has thanked: 209 timesBeen thanked: 1628 times
- December 17, 2021 at 5:49 am #590116WilmaLadyRegistered On: July 24, 2021Topics: 16Replies: 198Has thanked: 1404 timesBeen thanked: 812 times
- December 17, 2021 at 5:39 am #590114Stephanie FlowersAmbassadorRegistered On: June 26, 2017Topics: 34Replies: 6131Has thanked: 11694 timesBeen thanked: 12437 times
There’s certainly nothing wrong. Don’t be discouraged. Finding that perfect picture does take time but then all a sudden it’s there and then enjoy your moment. There’s no judging here. Relax a be yourself..
Hugs. Stephanie 🌷
- December 17, 2021 at 1:43 am #590051AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
There’s no judging here. Take a look at the gallery – some are amazingly pretty, some maybe less so. So what? Blur your face if you’re worried about anonymity, we don’t care.
I should really practise what I preach…………….
Watch this space
- December 17, 2021 at 12:45 am #590046Elizabeth(Liz)LadyRegistered On: October 7, 2021Topics: 33Replies: 397Has thanked: 2694 timesBeen thanked: 1784 times
- December 16, 2021 at 11:45 pm #590041Tara RyanLadyRegistered On: April 20, 2021Topics: 4Replies: 451Has thanked: 1417 timesBeen thanked: 1754 times
Your photo is your expression of yourself, you will not be judged here and we would love to see what you look like in your favourite dress.
Take care and a Merry Christmas to you as well.
- December 16, 2021 at 9:02 pm #589998Liara WolfeDuchessRegistered On: August 14, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 1484Has thanked: 2846 timesBeen thanked: 5099 times
- December 16, 2021 at 8:33 pm #589985Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 12Replies: 781Has thanked: 623 timesBeen thanked: 3347 times
No, Michelle, there is nothing wrong with you. Crossdressers and cis-women quite often compare themselves to others or to “expectations” and feel they don’t measure up. (Cis-men do to an extent too; he’s more muscular or a
Just today I was listening to a podcast of “The Fox and The Phoenix” between a crossdresser and a cis-woman who runs a style company for transgendered and crossdressing people. The title of the episode was titled “Savannah Hates Her Body” in which she talks about many of the issues you bring up. How she at first didn’t like to put up her photos at first because she could still see her male face, and how now she is still reluctant to put up full length photos because she is overweight. You may want to give it a listen.
- December 16, 2021 at 8:05 pm #589973SylviaLadyRegistered On: October 10, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 674Has thanked: 16793 timesBeen thanked: 2814 times
Dear Michelle ,
You are much to modest !
We would love to see your pictures , so go right ahead and put them in your
- This reply was modified 5 months ago by Sylvia.
- December 16, 2021 at 7:09 pm #589952AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- December 16, 2021 at 6:37 pm #589944Stephanie BassHostessRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 22Replies: 3468Has thanked: 49788 timesBeen thanked: 12337 times
Hi Michelle never worry about what others think girlfriend we as our selfs are our own worst critics so post what you feel .. Some girls here have no problems passing some have to work at it very hard so no worries here just post as you feel and have fun ..
- December 16, 2021 at 6:29 pm #589943danielleBaronessRegistered On: December 30, 2016Topics: 2Replies: 24Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 102 times
- December 16, 2021 at 6:08 pm #589941AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- December 16, 2021 at 5:24 pm #589933Barb WireDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: September 16, 2021Topics: 15Replies: 677Has thanked: 3920 timesBeen thanked: 3283 times
I understand what you’re saying!
I NEVER compare one lady to another. But… I do compare myself with everyone else. So, it’s “me” thing to overcome.
No matter, I still post photos because I like them! “Damn the torpedoes!”
Hugs, Barb 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.