Viewing 30 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I would like to have a photo put in my profile.  But I am afraid to put one there because there are so many great looking woman here.   That I would suffer by comparison to them.  I have a number of  photos that I have taken  of  me in my most favorite dresses I like.  Is there something wrong with me?

Take care everyone and a nice rest of the week and a great weekend.  Also have a very Merry Christmas next weekend.

Barb Wire
      Lady

Hi Michelle!

I understand what you’re saying!

I NEVER compare one lady to another. But… I do compare myself with everyone else. So, it’s “me” thing to overcome.

No matter, I still post photos because I like them! “Damn the torpedoes!”

Hugs, Barb 🙂

Anonymous

Hi Michelle.. You sound proud of you’re photos. And You should Be!! Merry Christmas to you Michelle..

danielle
      Baroness

go for it michelle if you like them that is all that matters

Hi Michelle never worry about what others think girlfriend we as our selfs are our own worst critics so post what you feel .. Some girls here have no problems passing some have to work at it very hard  so no worries here just post as you feel and have fun ..

Stephanie Bass

Anonymous

HI Michelle don’t worry on photos just post them no judgeing going on

Donna

Sylvia
      Lady

Dear Michelle ,

You are much to modest !
      We would love to see your pictures , so go right ahead and put them in your
      profile.

Love Sylvia.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Sylvia.

No, Michelle, there is nothing wrong with you.  Crossdressers and cis-women quite often compare themselves to others or to “expectations” and feel they don’t measure up. (Cis-men do to an extent too; he’s more muscular or a

Just today I was listening to a podcast of “The Fox and The Phoenix” between a crossdresser and a cis-woman who runs a style company for transgendered and crossdressing people.  The title of the episode was titled “Savannah Hates Her Body” in which she talks about many of the issues you bring up.  How she at first didn’t like to put up her photos at first because she could still see her male face, and how now she is still reluctant to put up full length photos because she is overweight.  You may want to give it a listen.

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Michelle, don’t be afraid to express you feminine self. No one here is going to judge you. Be proud of your self.

Hugs, Liara

Tara Ryan
      Lady

Hi Michelle,

Your photo is your expression of yourself, you will not be judged here and we would love to see what you look like in your favourite dress.

Take care and a Merry Christmas to you as well.

Love,

Tara x

Unfortunately I haven’t any of myself as Liz.
      You wouldn’t want to me in male attire
      Liz

Anonymous

There’s no judging here. Take a look at the gallery – some are amazingly pretty, some maybe less so. So what? Blur your face if you’re worried about anonymity, we don’t care.

I should really practise what I preach…………….

Watch this space

Connie

xxx

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

There’s certainly nothing wrong.  Don’t be discouraged. Finding that perfect picture does take time but then all a sudden it’s there and then enjoy your moment. There’s no judging here. Relax a be yourself..

Hugs.  Stephanie 🌷

Anonymous

Merry Christmas Michelle

I know what you mean I was an ugly baby and stuck to it all my life…..why do you think I’m a cartoon?

Nobody judges here in the sisterhood.

Hugs X

Wilma.

Look through my public pics and my profile pic…. Hardly “great looking” 🙂

Cerys

MelanieElizabeth
      Ambassador

Nothing wrong with you Michelle. It’s intimidating posting pictures whether it’s a profile pic or public photos. It’s hard not to compare ourselves to others  and to be honest it can be depressing at times, but this place is not a beauty pageant. It’s about expressing ourselves with other people like us. As a previous poster said you can blur whatever feature you don’t like and still share in a significant way! Try not be be hard on yourself I like many here have taken hundreds of pics of myself when I dress  and have only captured a couple I was pleased enough with to post. Your aren’t weird or alone in feeling this way!

Sorry, I missed the “profile” photo part of Michelle’s initial post making my reply somewhat off topic.

I also struggled with the profile photo decision and recently decided to add mine. I’m not absolutely thrilled with it but it is a actual photo of me albeit wearing a mask. At least I now have a profile pic that is unique to me.

Brielle
      Lady

Just shy and afraid of rejection, like all of us! Don’t worry, we all try to support each other here and I’d be shocked if you got anything but praise and encouagement!

Hugs,

Brielle

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Michelle, others girls have already said it, but I’ll repeat it.  We are ALWAYS our own worst critic, and we always feel we need to compare ourselves.  That is something the rat race of society has rammed down our throats – comparing ourselves to others…. You have lots of company in that respect, but try not to let it hold you back.  I was less than pleased with the first photos I uploaded, but nobody made me feel bad or unwelcome – only I did that to myself.  Foolish is the person who judges a book by its cover, right?  A sunset and a rose are totally different, yet both are beautiful in their own way.  And this is the one place where we do not have to worry about being judged, we can just enjoy being accepted.  Take the time you need hon, but know you are among friends who support you.

Stevie

JOJO
      Lady

Michelle, posting picture on CDH is not a competition. The only person you need to please is yourself. If you are happy with your photos that is all that matters when it comes to your dressing. I am sure during your lifetime you heard to “just be yourself”.

Anonymous
      Lady

Michelle I agree with everything posted. You shouldn’t sell yourself short! Many of us look at the pictures and learn from others successes. Those lessons can be makeup, clothes or even photography lessons. I encourage you to engage with your sisters here and take the opportunity to learn and teach through your photographs.
      Cheers. C

Anonymous

Everyone here gets a +10 for their photos

You and I share the same feelings Michelle.   Requal would very much like to place a photo.  She did have a photo on a similar web page many years past.

Requal is now a very private dresser and her fear is that someone will recognise her.   It would not go well with the family and friends if she was.

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Michelle,

Like everyone has already said no one is judging here. Put up any pictures that make you feel good.

If you are worried about anonymity, you don’t need to show your face at all. There are more than a few of us here that only show portions of themselves. You can always blur your face too.

Enjoy yourself, go for it!

Lara

Hi Michelle,
      You are just bing too shy, lol.
      I have quite a few photos posted, and yes, I have left my first “ugliest duckling” ones there, too. Im still no beaut queen, but my pics show my progression, and I am proud, of who I am, and with where I am going.
      Post your pics, sister, it is part of how we all become closer
      Hugs, Regi :=)

To answer your opinion of not looking like a model Michelle just look around you.  Not all crossdressers are stunners, the same applies to real women, not everybody is a natural beauty.

Your profile picture is just a teeny tiny part of who you are, on a good makeup day take a few closeups and pick the best one. I’m sure we all do that.

Please don’t feel that way. Nobody here is judging you. We’re here precisely because we want to explore our femininity free from judgement. If anything, you will be complimented and supported. You are safe to be you here!!

Anonymous

It took me over two years to pluck uptake courage to post a photo which showed my face but I did and I am glad that I did! I am no oil painting but I have only received positive comments. Just have a go Michelle!

Anonymous

Posting your pic is liberating! Please don’t fear that based on how you think you look, only if other reasons exist that could cause you heartburn. We all appreciate our sisters and find their femininity both beautiful and brave

Haley

You should not let that stop you.

If you do your best to be as feminine as you can, that’s all that can be expected of you. Not all females are beautiful. You should not put such high expectations on yourself.

Take a look at my pictures, I’m no perfect specimen of a woman but I also don’t see myself as a man in a dress.  I’m happy being as feminine as I can and that’s the best I can expect as a crossdresser.

I’ve never lied to anyone and said I was female. I’m not ashamed of being a crossdresser and I share my pictures proudly.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Post a photo (or a few) Michelle.  You’ll be glad you did.  CDH is a support site.  We don’t do beauty contests!

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?