Viewing 2 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Apparently the latest from Pixar is catching some flack for either a) teaching kids to disobey their parents or b) being a metaphor for girl’s getting their period.

In either case, disregard the middle-America grandstanding and see this movie. Out of all the stuff Pixar has put out, this movie is definitely must see for those of us elsewhere on the gender spectrum. I used to always describe my urge to wear women’s’ clothes as a “monster” or “beast” inside of me that I couldn’t control and that I was always trying to get rid of. In “Turning Red” (spoiler alert): 13-year old Mei suddenly starts turning into a giant red panda whenever her emotions start running high. The only way to get rid of the panda is via an ancient family ritual (perhaps a metaphor for conversion therapy?).

There’s one scene in particular that really resonated: when Mei is transported to some of sort of mystical netherworld during this ritual, she has to pass through a portal that will separate her from panda. As she attempts to force her way through, her face and that of the panda are twisted in grimaces of pain. As they look back at each other with this intense sadness, Mei decides she doesn’t want to get rid of the panda.

This scene reminded my so strongly of the last time I tried to purge Lexi from myself. It lasted about 3 months and I felt like crap the entire time. I thought it would eventually pass, but it never did. When I finally relented, I haven’t looked back since.

Lexi is my red panda, and I can’t imagine living without her…

Who’s watched it? What did you think?

Anonymous

I understand you perfectly dear, many times I have closed Felicity’s virtual spaces as if trying to erase her from my life, there was a time when I gave away a lot of her clothes, trying to do the same, get her out of my life and try to remove her influence from me, but until now it has not been completely possible, she is still asking me for moments to be her and express herself, I have finally accepted that she is also part of who I am, a very beautiful and delicate part that only asks to be able to do what anyone needs, express herself and be able to give herself the opportunity to see herself as any of us see ourselves in our daily lives, that is why I have opened virtual spaces for her so that she can live her existence as real as possible, one day I hope she can go out to the street with their own clothes and feel the world as our masculine part experiences it in daily life, hugs and  happiness felicity

Thank you Alexis for this title too it reminds me of Danish girl a other titles I have taken notes from sisters here and have somewhere in my stash boxes at this instance don’t have time but I will put it on my cell notes easier, and on the meantime keep up happy dressing. Auroras

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?