• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Rose.
Viewing 2 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Rose
      Lady

So I’ve been noticing threads getting smaller, and figured I’d finally ask about it. For example, the You Might Be a Crossdresser If  thread currently has only 7 replies, and none by me even though I know for sure I’ve made several replies to it.

Is it that posts over a certain age are purged? Or is there some filter somewhere that I can’t find that’s hiding older posts from me?

Anonymous

Rose one of the ‘problems’ with popular topics is that we end up with pages and pages of responses. Depending on how a member looks at a topic, by clicking on the link under the forums page or by clicking on the ‘recent’ lists on the right side of the screen, they can end up at the last page of posts rather than the first. It can be confusing, with some members posting twice because they thought their post didn’t register.

As part of the forum revision we decided to archive older posts so that only the most current are on the main page. Older replies now rest peacefully in the Archives, accessible via the link on the forums page.

Most end up in Potpourri, in their own archive topic, but the obsolete forums were archived wholly as they were.

They are all still readable but are closed to further comments to prevent two separate streams of replies.

I try to limit forum page lists to a maximum of two pages, or 30 replies. Once the number of replies goes over that the older ones are archived to reduce the number to less than 15 (usually 10 for slower threads or eight for faster moving threads.)

I hope that helps.

(As part of the archiving, as unsuitable or inappropriate posts are discovered they are deleted. Some are also moved to more appropriate forums but a reason for editing will always be given.)

Rose
      Lady

Aha! Thank you, Miss Jane!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Get Help Using Crossdresser Heaven’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?