Viewing 24 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Do any of you ladies take part in any Pride events?  June is pride month.  There are a couple events in my local city this month.  I want so much to attend an event as Kerri.  Is it safe?  Would I be welcomed if I dressed well and conservatively?  Any advice from someone whose been there would help.

Hugs,

Kerri

Me and Hippie do not attend them

Hi Kerri I’ve not actually attended a pride event yet, I’ve often thought about going to one but I’m not sure how i will be welcomed if i attended En Femme,

There are a few around the UK some not to far away from me, one of these days i might open the closet door and attend one, I’ll let everyone know if it happens X

Hugs Rozalyn X 🎀

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

I just attended one today in a town near where I live. Yes, you will be accepted and just wear whatever makes you comfortable.

Hippie
      Lady

Not interested into going, not my thing.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I’ve been to a few in past years and will attend at least one this month.

/EA

Jackie
      Ambassador

Hi Kerri:  Not sure if we have ever spoke or talked to one another before but I seen your post a few minutes ago and I think your concerns and questions as well as the reluctancy I sense from you about attending pride events are completely genuine and normal. I have been attending pride events much of my adult life, I think even before pride became an official event. If you feel compelled to attend which it kind of does then by all means you should. I wouldn’t recommend going if it were not safe. State and local law enforement agencies are usually assigned to watch over or momitor events. I personally have always had a blast, met many awesome people, performed in amature drag shows and could go on sharing my experiences but I think enough said. I encourage you to go and have fun. Oh, almost forgot, Yes you will be accepted dressed how ever you choose to dress. So hope this helps, but you need to figure out what dress your going to wear soon, only around two weeks left! 

Thanks for the encouragement Jackie. I’m almost ready to do this.

Jackie
          Ambassador

You are more than welcome dear. I can appreciate your hesitency, I can’t understand 100% because my situation differs somewhat. However, just try and remember this; “We didn’t any of of this or have much say in who we were meant for or destined to become, Our lifestyles were chosen for us.” We just followed and for our / my part of this is to make the best of it and accept our fate. Don’t make allot of it harder than what it is. Now get yourself dolled, put on your favorite dress or what ever you want to wear and don’t be late my dear. Your fine, go have fun!

Yes, the Police Department for Palm Springs does a very good job. There are uniformed officers, plain clothes officers and others on roof tops. There are also 1 or 2 helicopters in the air. Each year they do a briefing for all the volunteers, if they choose to attend, to outline the major parts of the security effort.

This is a tourist area and as I understand, before the pandemic, Pride had surpassed the International Film Festival as the biggest event in town. I’m certain the Police Department would not want to be the ones that killed tourism here.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I have attended a few pride events here in the U.K. as a watcher. I went dressed and mingled with the crowds. I went with family and it was a grand day out as thousands watched the parade and everyone was happy to be there. Never felt unsafe at all.

Smartina
      Duchess

Attended my first pride event last week. The march itself seemed too hot, and this was just a downtown bar who’d hired a drag troupe. Still, I had the time of my life.

Julie
      Lady

I do not have any local pride events in my town.

When I was working, I attended Prides in Toronto, San Francisco and Rochester, NY. Since I retired and I live adjacent to Palm Springs, I’ve attended every year since 2016, walked in the parade 2x and rode in the parade 2x. For the last few years I’ve been one of the volunteer coordinators, so yes, I’m there!

This is riding in style!?!? 1938 Buick Limited Convertible, owned, restored and driven by one of my fellow Great Autos car club members. The photo was published in Pride In Pictures section of the LGBTQ Nation web site.

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2021/06/pride-pictures-first-parade/

I’ve also attended our Pride here in Cathedral City most years since I lived here. It is called Cathedral City LGBT Days. This past year I was one of the judges for the annual Bed Race. LGBT Days is the 1st Pride of the year here in California. In preparation, the Public Arts Commission shepherds the Rainbow Crosswalk Painting in front of City Hall. I am about to end my 3 year term on the Commission and 2nd year as Chair. I have decided not to seek a second term as it is time to do something different and I’m going out on a high note.

Image of Painting The Rainbow Crossing appears in Public Photos.

Rhonda Lee
      Baroness - Annual

Wear your rainbow colors and have fun! I have marched in Atlanta events. I consider them very safe. Lots of police present. I have not witnessed problems. There is no need to be confrontive. I consider it a safe way to engage with those who may oppose my views but still welcome honest discussion. I make friends on both sides of the aisle. It does little good to just preach to the choir. If possible, I seek opportunities to chat with anyone willing to dialogue about such subjects. Many may be there to broadcast their views or criticize but there are many who are curious and willing to listen to the issues. If your object is to make a difference by setting a good example for the community, listening to others’ views and offering your own in respectful ways, or perhaps engaging with many who are there to offer support for the community you can learn of many resources and ways to work together to support common causes. For those in this group seeking to meet others who share common interests or goals, and generate contacts that lead to meaningful relationships, this is a good way to do it.

Have been to many with friends and always fun. Never a moment did I ever feel unsafe or uncomfortable. People are all in a gay and festive state of mind and the clubs and bars are full and exciting. This is one time a girl can dress sexy and glamorous without worried about blending in so keep your conservative outfits at home. The more outrageous you want to look the better.

Nancy
      Lady

Yes, I attended one in Iowa this past weekend. It felt totally safe, I didn’t even see any protesters or anything. I didn’t dress as wild as I did last year, but certainly could have without any problems. I just wasn’t feeling it this year…

Nancy

Michelle Wayne
      Duchess - Annual

Hello Kerri, I attended a Pride Festival Saturday in Indianapolis and it was 100% safe. It was my first and I went male but I saw nothing that would have kept me from going as Michelle as far as safety or really for any reason. Indy is quite large and there is certainly safety in numbers. If you’ve never been to one at all and can’t be comfortable going as Kerri go male. It is a good way to see others being comfortable in themselves. Hope this helps. It will boost your confidence. Michelle

Harriette
      Lady

Yes, we have attended Pride Parades before and I plan on attending this year en femme for the first time.

I just hope that my wife will spend the day with me, so that she sees the reactions of other people to me rather than just living with her own fears.

And, according to the forecast, it should be a beautiful, sunny day, too.

Harriette
        Lady

The dress that I ordered from England arrived today. I am mostly ready for this.

Jackie
      Ambassador

[postquote quote=744005]

“DON’T KNOCK IT TILL YA TRY IT.”

• This reply was modified 10 months ago by Jackie. Reason: Left out a letter, but fixed!

I voted no, but if all goes well I will go to one this year

Yes, I participated last week, but in another city outside my region.

XOXOX from Italy 🇮🇹
      Greta ❤️💙❤️

I went to the main Cardiff Pride event in the city centre. There is a pic in public photos.

Cerys

Melodee
      Ambassador

My very first outing was Balt Pride in ’22. I just decided I was going. I told the GF and she was on board. I’d only left myself 2 weeks, but I cobbled together an outfit – a mostly tarty one, certainly, but hey, this was my first outing and it was Pride. No time to be prudish for me.

It was a red and white outfit and my bright red hair. I was quite anxious about the 50-foot walk down my driveway to the car on a very sunny day, but…it was just gonna have to happen. So I did it. Once in the car, nearly every trace of nervousness vanished. At the Parade everyone was very welcome and accepting and I got a number of compliments – mostly from cis women trying to boost my confidence, I expect, but still it was very welcome!

This year we went to DC Pride, which was quite a bit larger. I went slightly less tarty, but still pretty cute I thought. 🙂 We stayed overnight in a hotel that time. I had no worries at all and didn’t come across a single person I found making anyone uncomfortable, let alone me (though, I think that’d be a challenge).

Anyway…uh…what was the question again?

I haven’t yet but plan to do so in the near future. I recently moved to a new town which has a Pride Fest. My preference is to go as my authentic self but i’ll see how I feel at the time.

Emily Shy
      Lady

No I have not yet but I really want to. Unfortunately the problem is getting there and back (non are held near my location). I would need to either park really close or get changed there as to make you way to such event alone dressed is to scary lol

if my SO was on board of a group that would make it easier

I have not, but looking forward to doing so in the future, especially with friends.

Natalie Dane
      Duchess

Hi Kerri,

I attended the SF pride parade this June with my wife and kids it was a great experience for all of us.

I was too scared to leave the house dressed the morning of, so we stayed in a hotel the night before so I could dress fully en femme for the parade.

There were many Cd and trans folks who saw me and waved, blew kisses, and smiled. I was very SEEN, and I loved it!!

It helps that I am 6’4”, and we were standing directly along the barricades so eyes were drawn to me!

I would suggest anyone thinking about attending a Pride event to do it! The experience will be so much fun. I guarantee you won’t regret it!

-Natalie

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?