Viewing 5 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      The Woman Inside, Lauren’s Journey
      I just realized that I haven’t posted anything for three weeks!!
      Sometimes you get caught up with other activities and mundane tasks. However, the main culprit this time is something that many authors call ‘writer’s block’, a phenomenon experienced by writers that is best described as an overwhelming feeling of being stuck in the writing process without the ability to move forward and write anything new.
      So, what shall I try to share with you as my journey continues?
      Okay, let me dig through my recent thoughts and experiences.
      How about my experience having to replace both my purse and my handbag? Yes, believe it or not, the straps on both failed and I needed to find replacements this weekend.
      Okay, the logical part of my brain said to look online.
      Do you have even a remote idea of how many types of purses and handbags there are, and how many sizes, and colors, and materials that they’re made from? I had no idea, this was definitely going to be a learning experience…
      …125!! That’s how many variations and types just one manufacturer featured. So, what type did I need, or did I want? What I had that was used for hauling everything back and forth to work, is a medium sized handbag. I learned it is called a “top handle tote”, and it worked very well until the strap material literally wore out and separated, so I decided to look for its replacement.
      I also had a small purse that was very useful on days or evenings when I wasn’t working, the hardware or metal clasps are what failed on it, and I learned it is called a “cross body.”
      So off I went to see what I could find. Hmmm, the pictures on line don’t do a very good job of showing how large, or how small, these items can be.
      In the end, after wandering through several stores and comparing prices and how well things were made, I managed to find a perfect cross body purse. I still needed a top handle tote and purchased something on sale that will do the job until I find the one I really want.
      And I thought buying shoes was hard…LOL
      Hugs girls, lots of hugs,
      Ms. Lauren M

Christina
      Lady

Hi Lauren,

Loved your post. It seems like nothing is simple anymore. Too many choices of colors, styles, material, etc. Another problem is that when you buy something and think it’s well made, you find that it falls apart within a year. One of the reason I don’t like to buy things online is that it’s hard to tell how well they are made. I recently bought a tote bag which looked great in the pictures. However when I opened up the box I was so disappointed. It was cheaply made and so were it’s materials. I guess I could send it back but it was cheap so I don’t think it’s worth the bother. I will probably donate it to the Salvation Army or Goodwill. I guess the old adage is true: “You Get What You Pay For!”

Hugs,

Christina

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Oh Lauren one day you will have too many bags and price does not always dictate quality. I bought a cross shoulder leather bag in a factory shop outlet which was a fraction of the cost to mainstream stores and is still going strong after a few years. Our goodwill stores(Charity shops U.K.) are always loaded with bags that are often new or hardly worn.  As for the stores there are so many choices and price ranges so in all I often buy on impulse and now have a good selection of bags.

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

Looking for a new purse is a daunting task. I wouldn’t even call it an event as it’s not something that you can just go out and do. So many things to consider.
      it seems that I am never able to find what I’m looking for when I go out to get one. It seems that the ones I buy are from when I’m just cruising thru the bag section. It seems to be similar to finding love. You only find it when you aren’t looking for it.
      I have several now and they are all my favorites.

Hi Lauren, Glad to see your post again.  I have only purchased leather bags for the last few years.   As a result, I actually purchase very few bags because they tend to last forever.  Currently my go to bags are #9525 Coach Stewardess bags.  I have a brown one for everyday use and a black one for travel.  They are big enough to put a pair of heels in to carry along and tough enough to take some real abuse.  They are difficult to get but I got mine from Posh.  They are 20-30 years old and still have another 30-40 years left.  They are built out of saddle leather but very soft and can be reprocessed to look like new again and again.  I’ve had flight crews try to buy them from me when I fly.  If you search around you can find them for $100 to $900 and even wrecked ones can be put back together by a skilled shoemaker.  I paid about $150 for mine years ago.  Anyway I know it’s a chunk of $ but it’s really worked out well for me both size wise and longevity.  So that’s just what I do and maybe it will help someone else.  Glad that you found something that works for you.   Marg

Dont know how I survived without a purse before crossdressing. It is a survival tool for all us girls to carry phones and wallets along with makeup sunglasses and god knows what. I find shopping for purses as always been an impulse buy on sale or outlet stores. When dressed I have faux designer ones but mostly leather in brown and black that can be carried on the shoulder. In summer I use straw and totes to carry my many things.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?