Viewing 5 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      DeLora
      Lady

We hear a lot about rights of LGBTQ2S+ people and under that umbrella the rights of crossdressers and these rights are those afforded to anyone under The Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

“Human rights include the right to life and liberty, freedom from slavery and torture, freedom of opinion and expression, the right to work and education, and many more. Everyone is entitled to these rights, without discrimination.”

With rights come responsibilities and those responsibilities are primarily not to infringe on the rights of others and to help protect those rights.

As crossdressers what we do is protected under freedom of expression and you can not be discriminated against for your mode of self expression. We also have all the typical responsibilities but do you have any additional responsibilities, or responsibilities that you take strongly to heart because you are a crossdresser?

Personally I feel a duty to help educate society and bring about more awareness of crossdressing as a valid form of self expression. So far I have not acted on this duty beyond the bounds of CHD, but when I see an SO reaching out I feel a duty to respond. As I become more comfortable with myself I hope to take this duty to the next level by forming a local CD support group and perhaps one day working with other community groups and and the public to help bring about awareness, understanding and acceptance of crossdressers as respectable members of society.

D.

Thank you DeLora, we all have basic rights

I am a huge believer in the rights And responsibilities theme.

I don’t support the thoughts of any person or group thinking they can abuse or overrule others rights in blind pursuit of their own. Balance isn’t always easy but worth working towards.

Anonymous

The biggest responsibility that I see is as Tiffany says to stop lurking in the shadows. If we want to be taken seriously we must come out and represent ourselves in a sensible intelligent manner. I’ve said before I do not like gay pride parades because this brings the freaks out of the woodwork. Watch one of these parades and see what’s going on. These people come out dressed to the hilt in slutism mode and the media just eats it up so that is the representation our community is getting. I see this on the news and think wow I hope people don’t think I look like that. I know it’s hard to take that first step through the door but when I go out I try to look like a nearly 56 year old woman [ hanging on to 55 by a thread] not some side show act. When people see that maybe that will help change their views of the crossdressing/ transgendered community.

Thanks, Heather.

Okay, I’m done my rant for the day, continue with your normal activities.lol

DeLora
        Lady

Well said Heather!

Anonymous

I have to agree.   The rights are pointless if we don’t exercise them and do so with a measure of courage by going public.   I know that’s a tall order, but if in the end we remain totally closeted, then aren’t we in effect imposing  constraints that are a denial of those rights.   And in exercising our right to exist and to express our gender identity publicly, we are exercising also our responsibility…taking ownership of those rights despite the innate fear we all have felt at one point or another is taking responsibility.

Just as we want and expect others to accept and respect our right’s, we have a duty to also respect theirs.  As for me, there is an invisible line around me where my rights begin and others end, don’t cross it.  Other’s are entitled to their opinion and that is perfectly okay, until the expression of those rights begin to cross and push on mine.

I don’t get up in peoples face and scream that they HAVE to accept this or else and such civil disturbance, but I will defend another person who I see as being trampled on by others that feel they are MORE right than anyone else.  That person I will step forward for doesn’t have to trans or gay or even purple, but just someone who is being attacked for what they believe.

If we, the many, would defend each other equally, maybe the attacks would stop from the  few because I know that WE who accept others quietly, definitely outnumber the FEW who do not, but hold the microphone.

PaulaF

Alice Black
      Duchess

Delora,

You expressed yourself very well in your Forum article.

Alice Black

DeLora
        Lady

Thanks Alice, appreciate that.
        D.

DeLora
      Lady

I think the obligation to be open and the general acceptance within society go hand in hand. I learned at an early age that a boy dressing in girls clothing was not acceptable, so I had to hide my crossdressing side.

What I different world it would be and what a different life I would have lead if CDing was just a normal part of society, or if there were no line between male and female attire.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?