Viewing 13 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Scientists at Dukes University in America have concluded that plant based meat substitutes are not truly interchangeable with real meat, so therefore are not nutritionally equivalent to real meat. Would this make you re- evaluate or change your perception of alternatives meat free products?.
      Note this not a vegan /meat war so please respect people ‘s answers choices and responses.
      Thank you lol Amanda xx

• This topic was modified 2 years ago by Samantha Roarke. Reason: Polls say....Yep, it's a poll!

My cows are plant based. That’s all they eat. Then I eat them. See. I do eat plant based food

Anonymous

Well Michelle technically that’s a very good answer, not sure many are going to see it that way though. We had a mixed dairy herd, but later changed to beef. Nothing like a natural grass feed joint of quality beef.
        Hungry and looking forward to Sunday roast Amanda xx

I live on a dairy farm. Nice to meet another country girl.

Anonymous

Oh that sweet thank you, lovely to meet you too Michelle xx

Anonymous

Hi Amanda,

I enjoy meat. I’m not tempted by veggie burgers or sausages or textured whatevers, but I cook a decent chilli and if necessary I’ll use Quorn mince substitute to keeps both sides of the eating divide happy. I must admit, I can’t easily tell the difference once its been cooked anymore.

Marti xxx

Anonymous

Hi Marti, all round yours for a chilli night then.
        Lol Amanda xx

Anonymous

– my pleasure! Perhaps I should cook two versions – con carne and con Quorn – and offer a taste test?

Marti xxx

Anonymous

Bet we all fail any test Marti xx

Anonymous

Where the beef. No way would even think of eating a plant base burger or anything also no bugs either know they becoming popular too on this twist  lol. Goes for any meat chicken too

Anonymous

I eat small amounts of meat, but I enjoy vegi-burgers also. I never thought that they were an exact substitute for meat. I eat them for a protein source that has no saturated fat in it. I also drink pea protein shakes. I also like sea food like salmon.

Anonymous

Sea food Eva, I just can’t eat any of that. I struggle to sit at a table if it’s being served in front of me.
        I must leave the table Amanda xx

I have never eaten meat, so these new food products are fantastic.

You would never persuade me to put part of an animal in my mouth – eeeeyeeeewww!!!!

Anonymous

Totally respect your decision Laura, but your are definitely missing some great food.

I don’t feel like I am missing out on anything, and, from my point of view, it isn’t food.

It totally freaked me out when I first discovered that other people eat animals – just as it tends to freak people out that, aged 56, I have never eaten meat.

The oldest lifelong vegetarian I know is my aunt, who married one of the founder members of the Vegetarian society back in the 1960s.

They were widely seen as wierdos, as was I until this recent boom in veganism.

The new radical vegans are wierd… I got booted off a vegetarian forum for saying you don’t need vitamin supplements on a vegetarian diet.

Apparently that’s dangerous talk – dangerous to health.

All I can say is my aunt is perfectly healthy and still travelling back and forth to Uganda, where she runs a school for orphans which is transforming and enriching the surrounding villages by sharing resources such as a well, farm products and a truck.

No vitamin supplements or meat, ever, and she’s approaching 80.

My grandmother, whose idea it was to go vegetarian during the war (she swapped meat ration coupons for vegetable rations, and found she could put more food on the table, and never looked back).

She was also vehemently anti sugar – said it’s the white death. Honey was the only sweetener she used and yes, honey is an animal product, but it’s not meat – it’s bee vomit, so not part of the animal.

All power to you if you enjoy what you eat – I think that’s important with food – it shouldn’t just be a functional thing.

But I could no more eat meat than a cowpat, which is arguably vegetarian… sorry if that seems gross, but it’s a reasonable comparison. 😁

Anonymous

You are more than welcome to make your points, I too know many family members who are total vegetarians and feel as you do too. Hell probably I am missing out on some great vegetarian flavors too. Eat what you like and be happy and most people seem healthy either way. Not sure I like a cowpat pizza though either.

Anonymous

Morning Amanda…..

did you start this now because you knew Stephanie Plumb was on holiday??? 😂😂😂😂😂

Ok….let’s see how far one this gets??

I am a meat eater, so why would I need a substitute?…..there’s still plenty of meat isnt there??..

Don’t get me wrong, I love veggies too, especially curries and salads, but swapping a lovely prime steak for some lab invented replica containing god knows what or a fungus based mish mash of something shaped like bacon or a sausage……oh do come on!!!!

Will there be more Veggie Kings than Burger Kings???….not in my lifetime….

Just my opinion and I love you all no matter what you eat…..

Grace Cutlet xx

Anonymous

Hello my little cutlet, well I didn’t plan that way “honestly”. I have put a foot note at the bottom (wrote it with my toes) 😂😂😂😂😂 sorry. About respect and it’s not a war. But I’m with you I eat both sides of the fence although I am more of a meat eating person. Fish 🤢
        Hope the girls on here can refrain from all out war, and as you say love them all regardless.
        Topic policewoman Amanda xx

In my part of the world there are now quite a few meat alternative foods coming out but they are all more expensive that buying meat products. I would consider trying some of these products but not if it is going to cost me more money. If they really want to make an impact with the general public they have to make it cost effective.

Anonymous

Total agree Sarah, low income families often can’t take that choice. Go green has to be cheaper to be a successful alternative. Great point sweetie. Lol Amanda xx

I have never eaten a meat alternative, and don’t plan on it, we have been eating meat since we lived in caves! I am trying to cut back on redmeat, for health issues, but give me meat anyday,
      and as Michelle pointed out, chickens and beef, all are vegetarian, so I am just continuing the chain
      My opinion only
      Hugs,Regi👸💕

Anonymous

Love your honesty Regine xx

Thank you, Amanda, but I must admit, my honesty and opinionated self, does get me in trouble from time to time, lol
          Hugs, Regi👸💕

Anonymous

I think we all suffer from that at some point Regi xx

Anonymous
      Lady

I eat all kinds of food except the stuff they call plant based meat. Never appealed to me and I wonder what chemicals they put in it to make it a so called meat substitute? Theres enough chemicals in our food already.

When it came out that the same ingrediencies used in meatless hamburgers was the same as used in dog food but mines the imitation flavor and coloring, I had no interest in trying them.

Anonymous

Woof woof, oh hell!!!!

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Some may argue the case for meat substitutes….they’re healthier….they’re better for the planet….they’re disruptive to the monopolistic food industry….whatever.

IDK.  I’ll leave those arguments for others.

I have yet to try a meat substitute that has the taste, texture, and smell of real meat.  One may exist, or will exist someday.

Then it becomes a question of nutrition and economics.

When meat substitutes can compete on a sensory, nutritional, and economic level, I’ll gladly switch.

Anonymous

Well said Emily sweetie xx

I’ve only recently joined my wife eating a plant based diet.  Heavily processed foods like meat substitutes are not as good as nuts, grains and legumes.

Take, for instance, just one study published in the Journal of the American College of Nutrition, which found that meat consumption was the highest dietary risk factor for Alzheimer’s. Also detrimental were eggs and high-fat dairy which raised risk of Alzheimer’s–though not as much as meat did. Meanwhile, plant-based foods like grains, vegetables and fruits were found to be protective against Alzheimer’s.<br style=”box-sizing: border-box; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;” /><br style=”box-sizing: border-box; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;” />Read More: The Best Foods for Brain Health to Prevent Onset of Alzheimer’s | https://thebeet.com/a-diet-low-in-meat-and-dairy-and-high-in-plants-keeps-a-brain-healthy/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

I have nothing against vegetarians or vegans…unless of course certain individuals in those groups want to force their personal diet choice on others. I have had this thought, if vegetables were really THE best food, wouldn’t there be meat based substitutes for vegetables?  I see many adds for vegetable based foods that ” taste just like meat”. Have yet to see any meat based foods that “taste just like vegetables”!

😊😊😊

Anonymous

Oh absolutely love chicken dishes Celeste, so much you can do with it too.
      Lol Amanda xx

Anonymous

Quality Scottish beef Lisa nothing better.

The main reason I don’t eat swedes is because they taste vile.

It’s a judgement call, so maybe I should give them a chance – but my tastebuds do protest so loudly!

The only reason I can think of for eating them is out of politeness, if someone has been so good as to prepare them for you.

It is an effort to drown the screams from the buds, but not one I could possibly apply to meat, as that isn’t a question of taste.

It’s a complex question of upbringing, customs and perceptions of an individual vs the majority of society – and breaking those habits that try to enforce the notions of “normal” – embracing the wierd and being yourself.

But most of all, eating animals is rather gruesome, if you think about it. 😋

Anonymous

Hello Stephanie, lovely to have you back sweetie, hope the Plumb family had a fantastic holiday. Lol Amanda xx

Anonymous

Wonderful Stephanie, we have had heavy rain, so Grace and I were worried your chips were getting all soggy. Trust Mrs Plumb had a lovely time and enjoyed her self.

Anonymous

Corporate monopoly Stephanie.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?