Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Any advice on sizing for shapewear? Tried Maidenform flexees high waist but the top keeps rolling down. Hip measures 38 and high waist is around 38-39. Hip size should be a small but dress size is more around a 10 or 12. It’s a nightmare when sizing is between 3 or 4 sizes. Any advice as to what would work best? Looking to cinch waist and lift butt.i really want to get an open rear lifer but being in the closet and limited options makes it tough to get anything limited to local stores and nothing really expensive.

Thanks in advance!

Fem

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Fem, I can’t help too much, as I’m struggling with the same thing. I’m just a touch smaller. After spending time on chat with an online seller about waist cincher sizes, I bought two, but neither one worked well. The person giving me the advice was advising me based on my size, not the one that I wanted to come down to.

Very frustrating!

Amy

Anonymous

I know that all to well got a corset and had that happen was able to fully close it after like one or two wearings. Have to invest in another at some point but want an overbust which is that challenge of sizing right

Anonymous

No, now corsets and girdles I get – part of how Nicola got her, but shapewear.  I’ve tried tights, and having fought my way in with the last pair, and discarded, fortunately a charity shop find; I’ve decided never again.  It’s not as if they’re ever that feminine!

Anonymous

As limiting as it is, my foundation/shapewear always has over the shoulder straps to stop ‘roll-down’.  I don’t agree that it’s ‘not that feminine’, as mine is, and is quite pretty.

I buy on amazon because the local shops are either for sizes 0 to 16 or over priced, I am going to try ASDA (yes, really) on payday because they do butt lifter tights and some other bits and pieces. As for sizeing… I usually go for L to XL, because my body frame is significantly larger than the average genetic female body frame, if you’re clean and sensible you can try them on, realize they are too small or too big and send them for a refund without any real problems.

I’ve been wearing shapers and control garments my entire life, I like the feeling and the smooth profiles ‘where it matters’ and get a degree of psychological comfort from wearing them as the first one I wore was a open secret ‘borrow’ from someone who really cared about me as a child and understood that some little boys are little girls LONG before anyone else in my family did. (Thanks gran !! Love and miss you!)

Imogen x

Deanna Lund
      Duchess

You girls are all tiny! I get on a scale and it says, ”Hey!, one at a time!”

I can’t go to the beach because one time I fell asleep and was awakened by the sound of a TV news helicopter hovering over me while volunteers were trying to drag me into the water.

It’s tough out there when being a BBW is a downsize and your dress pattern is a culvert pipe.

I’d like to find some shapewear I could struggle into but I’m afraid my head would pop off. But, you know what, when I get my makeup, my wig, nails and earrings on, I sit and stare at the beauty looking back at me from the mirror.

I’m with you. Shapewear is the hardest to fit. OneStopPlus has those torsettes up to 5x. That would be tight on me — well beyond the purpose of wearing shapewear.

Torrid.com has nice things in my size. Their bike shorts stay up and their longline sports bras stay in place pretty well.

I am 6’0 and I am trying to find a body suit that would fit me.

I wear a 40C bra but my stomach is a little bigger (this is what I am trying to get rid of). Whenever I buy something that goes up to my waist or even higher, it seems to just roll down because of my large stomach. That’s why I am looking at getting a full body suit with straps.

I have seen a couple of Amazon but I am not sure of the size. XL, 2X, 3x or higher?

What would a normal tall cis woman wear?

Thanks, Michelle

I would think you would want at least a 1x but some bodysuit shapers size by bra size. Sorry to tell you this but some of it is roll the dice on a best guess and go from there. I wear a 1x myself and have some light control bodysuits that are sized as such I do have one heavier control body suit sized in 38B and I really don’t care for that one as much probably just me. Good luck

Anonymous
      Lady

I have found that most shape wear rolls down. I like to use a shape wear cami, an open bust body suit and open bust torselette to smooth out my torso and belly. Shapermint.com has some really nice firm ones that I have found to work quite well and they are having a really good sale this month. Plus wearing those my pantyhose doesn’t roll down as much.

Hello Sandy,

So what I am reading is that when you have used a cami or open bust torselette to smooth out your torso, it doesn’t roll upwards because that would be annoying if that happened. It is nice to know that your pantyhose also doesn’t roll too.

I absolutely love shapewear; I must be the only one saying this but I find it really sexy.

Like you, I find the high/low waist mid thigh style of shapewear will always roll down.  I do find it tough to find the perfect size according to each shapewear manufacturer.

A style of shapewear I have that works quite well is the wear your own bra singlet/torsette, long leg or mid thigh.  These have a strap that goes over the shoulder and that prevents roll down.  Yes it can get quite warm in summer, but it is better than feeling the bike shorts type of shapewear roll down your abdomen.

Each manufacturer has measure for the waist/hips.  Know what your waist measurements are.  Hips won’t matter much because we don’t have hips (even if you wear hip pads, I find most shapewear will fit).  If you go with the singlet/torsette kind, you’ll have to know your bust measurements as well.

Thanks Wendy. Great advice.

I have seen some of the open bra singlet/torsettes that look really nice. I, too, find shapewear to be very sexy.  This is why I am trying to find the shapewear that will fit me correctly.

Just because I am so tall I am finding them mostly to be stretched to the max to fit my tall torso.

Unfortunately, the sizing charts I’ve seen are bust, waist, and hips.  None I’ve seen have length/height in their measurements.  Not sure if this helps, but for singlet/torsette, some manufacturers also have dress sizes, but realize that a women’s 14 from one manuturer could be a size 12 or 16 from another manufacturer.

I wear singlet/torsette style of shapewear now, I don’t wear the bike shorts kind due to the fact that it tends to roll down.

As some have mentioned, I used to wear multiple types of shapewear, for example the bike shorts kind and a shapewear cami – the cami I thought would help stop the roll down, well it kinda worked.  But with all that shapewear I found it squished my innards in so much that sometimes I could barely breathe or eat food.

I have several products by honey love and wear them a lot.  No rolling ever and it’s been headache free.  They have free returns and a loyalty program.

Susan

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?