Tagged: Hair removal
- June 30, 2021 at 5:10 am #511411Mary JaneParticipantRegistered On: September 30, 2020Topics: 25Replies: 527Has thanked: 841 timesBeen thanked: 2654 times
I have tried shaving my legs, arms, groin, and chest areas with an electric razor, wax, single blade and triple blade razors.
But. I have an razor sharp cutthroat razor, which is simply divine for getting rid of leg and arm hair. (Very careful around the neither region and the nipples. I like stratching my attatchments)
Honestly. No clogged up, glugged up razor. Does a clean shave on one long sweep. (Unlike a standard razor.) And no burn like you get from an electric one.
Whats your favorite removal method. P.s.I find hair conditioner makes for the best lubricant for shaving.
Total of 22 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- May 10, 2022 at 11:08 am #644281Nicole Sad&AloneLadyRegistered On: May 9, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 3Has thanked: 12 timesBeen thanked: 28 times
I used to use nair but then I started to break out every time I used it. Then I read any article and tried using coconut shampoo and I love it. It leaves my legs really soft, silky and the hair seems to grow back slower
1 user thanked author for this post.
- May 10, 2022 at 10:11 am #644256Karla RogersDuchessRegistered On: December 30, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 55Has thanked: 47 timesBeen thanked: 216 times
I use Nad’s For Men on my legs. For my arm pits, chest and stomach I use a Venus razor Pure Silk shave cream. For the rest of my arm areas, I use an electric razor to buzz the hair off. The next I use an IPL.
I have noticed that the hair on my legs comes back much slower and finer. I have been using the Nad’s for quite a while and when the hair does start to grow back now, I don’t have that course stubble. For my torso area, I still get some prickly stubble, but the hair doesn’t come in as dark now.
The IPL said that after about 12 weeks you should see significant hair reduction. Also, I read that the Nad’s will inhibit hair growth.
- May 9, 2022 at 5:34 am #644043Joanne JacksonLadyRegistered On: May 26, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 174Has thanked: 453 timesBeen thanked: 890 times
I get arms, legs, butt and between waxed about every six weeks. Scary at first but now i look forward to it. Hair regrowth is very sparse and very fine. Even my aesthetician mentioned it on my last visit. The “and between” part was what brought me in originally as that is an area that i didn’t want to razor or burn off and not all the ladies who work at the salon are interested in going there but i found one who will so i stick with her (and tip her well).
Love the ultrasmooth feeling.
Highly recommend waxing.
Thanks for asking.
- May 8, 2022 at 11:21 pm #644010
- May 8, 2022 at 5:47 pm #643964Cynthia HughesLadyRegistered On: March 12, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 161Has thanked: 228 timesBeen thanked: 539 times
Right now I am using a combination of delapitory cream for my chest and a razor for my legs.
I can never get all the little hairs on my chest with a razor and it always breaks out something fierce with ingrown hairs. The cream does a fairly good job although by the afternoon I already have stubble again.
I just use a standard 5-blade venus razor for my legs and have no issues there.
- April 30, 2022 at 1:59 am #642176AshleyLadyRegistered On: May 25, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 261Has thanked: 936 timesBeen thanked: 963 times
I’ve been using an epilator for a little while. I love only having to use it every few weeks and I love the way it leaves no stubble, but I really don’t look forward to using it. I have really thick body hair so it hurts pretty bad. I may try a hair removal cream some time.
- July 2, 2021 at 1:56 pm #512300Quinetta HarrisLadyRegistered On: January 9, 2021Topics: 8Replies: 116Has thanked: 219 timesBeen thanked: 411 times
I have used a combination of Nair hair removal cream and electric razor shaving. What I am about to admit to may not be the best of ideas but it works for me. I have a shower electric shaver and I apply shave gel to where I plan on shaving and it is a more comfortable shave. I quickly rinse the shaver after I get out of the shower (I only shave while I shower, not before or after). I was told about hair inhibitor lotions that slow and soften hair so the shaves are less frequent and what hair does show up is very unnoticeable. There are ALOT on Amazon but Ulta Beauty’s “Don’t Grow Back (or There)” is the one that was mentioned. I am sure they all pretty much give the same results. I guess I’ll try Ulta Beauty’s first and if I do not like it move one to the next one that catches my interest.
I have asked this in another forum thread about body hair, so I am asking it here too…Does anyone know of a way to remove pesky back hair by yourself? If I had a SO that person would definitely be asked to remove it for me using one of my methods listed above.
- July 2, 2021 at 8:38 am #512177Aurora EdenLadyRegistered On: June 29, 2021Topics: 31Replies: 202Has thanked: 1024 timesBeen thanked: 1052 times
Thank you for the tips. The next time I shave my body hair I will try hair conditioner as you have recommended.
I have no experience of using a cutthroat razor, so am reluctant to try.
How did you learn to use one correctly?
2 users thanked author for this post.
- July 2, 2021 at 8:09 pm #512439
- July 2, 2021 at 8:31 am #512170Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 49Replies: 1376Has thanked: 19862 timesBeen thanked: 5711 times
I haven’t used a straight razor in years, and don’t think I’ll start again now. I’ve used a number of things to keep myself free of hair, currently using a Venus on my body and a Gillette 5 blade on my face, along with at home IPL, which I’ve found very effective at reducing the frequency of shaving as well as making the hairs that grow finer.
- July 2, 2021 at 3:41 am #512059Regine KellyLadyRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 44Replies: 1452Has thanked: 20371 timesBeen thanked: 6965 times
- July 2, 2021 at 3:43 am #512061Mary JaneLadyRegistered On: September 30, 2020Topics: 25Replies: 527Has thanked: 841 timesBeen thanked: 2654 times
- July 2, 2021 at 2:46 am #512054Kimberly (Kimmy) BeeLadyRegistered On: August 11, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 76Has thanked: 1575 timesBeen thanked: 331 times
I just use a supermarket brand 5 blade razor, also use gel before shaving. I was having my hair cut before lock down & the hairdresser used a cutthroat around my ears & neck & wow so smooth. I got her to shave my face too. I’ve never had such a smooth face in years. As for doing it myself, no, too dangerous
- July 2, 2021 at 3:42 am #512060LadyRegistered On: September 30, 2020Topics: 25Replies: 527Has thanked: 841 timesBeen thanked: 2654 times
I understand the reluctance, and sense of danger. I have nicked myself worse with a safety razor, then with the cut throat.
Yes you have to be careful. And shave slowly. I first bought it, because razors were so expensive to buy. It was fantastic when I had a goatee, to shape and shave around it.
- July 2, 2021 at 12:39 am #512048AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Hello Mary Jane.
omg…cut throat razor….I can’t bear to look!!!
I use Nair on my arms, groin and chest and a razor on my legs. As I am fair haired, my arm hair is virtually invisible, so getting rid of it hardly changes my look anyway….also, ordinary men’s shaving gel is beautifully smooth for shaving your legs.
- June 30, 2021 at 3:31 pm #511627AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I use a 3 blade Venus razor for most of my body, chest & stomach, legs, underarms, private nether region. For my arms and face I use my electric razor. I try to keep my entire body shaved all the time. The only place that has hair is my head and my butt area.
- June 30, 2021 at 1:18 pm #511581AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- June 30, 2021 at 1:40 pm #511597AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- April 29, 2022 at 7:42 pm #642166Bobbie LingerieDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: March 27, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 8Has thanked: 4 timesBeen thanked: 26 times
Jennie, I use an epilator also on many parts of my body, but it sure doesn’t work well for everything. I tried it on the hair in my groin area and found it’s a very painful process.
- June 30, 2021 at 7:22 am #511476Rayna CarlianDuchessRegistered On: March 4, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 424Has thanked: 560 timesBeen thanked: 1494 times
Interesting approach! Seriously.
I agree that you have to avoid the electrics, they are horrible(especially in the pubic area).
I use a multi blade disposable usually. But there is the frequent rinsing required…
I’m now considering the single blade, at least for the torso parts…
Thanks for the insight.
- June 30, 2021 at 6:51 am #511454Phoebe ChristineRegistered On: June 21, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 4Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 17 times
I tend to use Magic Shave and wash it off in the shower, and then use a razor for the areas that I missed. It’s far from perfect and I’m still figuring it out, but it works pretty well without burning through multiple blades.
- June 30, 2021 at 6:29 am #511450Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 49Replies: 1411Has thanked: 382 timesBeen thanked: 5150 times
I always use 5 blade razors. When they start to irritate my face a little they go into the other razor that I use for my body. I haven’t had a cut since getting rid of my three blade ones years ago. My newest Gillette Proglide is a lot better than my older Gillette Fusion as far as giving a closer shave with less irritation.
- June 30, 2021 at 5:54 am #511435KrissyLadyRegistered On: June 4, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 376Has thanked: 669 timesBeen thanked: 1390 times
- April 29, 2022 at 7:37 pm #642165Duchess - AnnualRegistered On: March 27, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 8Has thanked: 4 timesBeen thanked: 26 times
Your comments about a little hormone therapy making body hair much less of a problem caught my attention. I’m trying to stay smooth all over by a combination of waxing, depilatories, and shaving, but I’m not really satisfied with the results. Will you share your story with us? What hormones? Were they prescribed by a physician? How long to achieve the results? Did they add to your breasts?
I would really appreciate anything you are willing to share. If you would prefer to keep it restricted, please PM me.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- June 30, 2021 at 5:52 am #511434KrissyLadyRegistered On: June 4, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 376Has thanked: 669 timesBeen thanked: 1390 times
Been shaving my body even when id dress as a man as just dont like body hair as its Yuk! Just need to find a place a bit cheaper for a full body wax as sometimes it can be overwhelming and a bit sore shaving ones body all over! Ive been told to try some mild hormones to slow it down as shaving used to make it grow back even worse! But since i started taking hormones once ive waxed or shaved i don’t have to worry much as it doesnt grow back so im very happy that the only place i have to shave or wax is a little bit underarm and a tiny bit on my arms otherwise im a smoothie! Which is a dream come true as everything i wear slides on when i try it on! X
- June 30, 2021 at 5:33 am #511426Sandy HoneyLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2021Topics: 21Replies: 391Has thanked: 266 timesBeen thanked: 2044 times
If I used a cutthroat razor I would probably end up in the emergency room needing stiches and a blood transfusion. I find Gillette Venus razors work really well and gives me a really close shave and I just ordered the Venus razor for my bikini regions, can’t wait to see if it works well.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.