Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I’m just starting to build my wardrobe, so far all I have are a few pairs of pants and casual dresses, plus one top. But I currently have no shoes. Since I only dress occasionally and am not sure how my wife will respond to shoes, I’ll probably only get one general purpose pair for now. Since I will most likely never go out anyplace fancy, and don’t want to stand out when I do, I’m thinking I’ll stick with either flat or very low heel sandals. I think that would be the most versatile with the clothes I have, plus the fact that summer is coming on.

My question is, what color would be the most versatile? At first I was thinking black or white, but now I’m leaning towards beige or nude. Any suggestions from you ladies that have more fashion sense than me would be greatly appreciated.

Stephanie

I love shoes and have a fairly good collection.   If I had to pick one pair for general purposes, it would be a pair of black low heels.  Black goes with about just about anything. Nude is second. I have two go-to pairs of shoes I wear about 50% of the time, one black, one nude.

Your question caused me to think about the order I would add colors to a collection, and it is probably this:

1.Black 2.Nude 3.Brown 4.Navy 5.Red/Burgundy 6.White

To me, white is pretty specific for certain outfits and not as much a general choice.  Others may disagree.  After those basics, I would (and have) buy shoes to go with specific outfits. I have silver slings, low fuchsia heels, high canary yellow heels and pink open toes, but they see service only with one or two outfits.  I think you’ll find shoes are like Pringles.  You can’t stop at one.

Trish White
      Baroness

Hi Stephanie, I think I’d agree with Stephanie #2 but for me white goes with a lot of different outfits as well. More so if you’re wearing a top and skirt because then the white shoe can go with either the colour of your top or skirt.

Love,

Trish

Hello Stephanie,            I would go for black flat pumps/ballet shoes myself as they are more comfortable & practical for wearing about the house or even if you get to venture outside. Generally they are cheaper to buy compared to heels & are easier to wear. When I go out in public I have a couple of black pumps to wear, but have a pair of white pumps & a pair of beige pumps for wearing in the summer, always go for comfort in shoes do not worry about style or fashion as it can hurt your feet.     love   Helenmarie

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Stephanie, for me my favorite right now is my 1″heal tan colored wedges. They show off my pink toe nails and, I think, give my legs a more feminine look. Also because I have arthritis in my big toes and can’t stand pressure there for very long feel so comfortable on my feet.

. .Cassie

I have two pairs of ballet flats – one black and one cheetah print, a pair of black two inch peep toe pumps, a pair of black three inch pumps, a pair of black knit loafers, and a pair of taupe two inch ankle boots. Which of these pairs shoes do you think are the most comfortable and get worn almost every day?
      The ones I listed first, my ballet flats. They are so comfortable, like wearing slippers! You will notice that I like black, it is a neutral color and I find that it goes with anything in my wardrobe.

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

I have a great pair of dark navy low low wedge sandals that go with nearly anything. I got them on the clearance rack at Macy’s and they’re SO comfortable.

I wear a 12 to 12.5 in womens, so I have to either buy on line and return them, or check clearance racks for the occasional large pair that got returned. The stores don’t carry size 12 normally. 10.5 to 11 are the largest that they keep in stock.

good luck and don’t skimp on comfort, you feet with thank you.

xoxo

Rayna

All of the dresses are floral print. The major colors are black, blue and pink. The latest spring one is white with pink flowers.

Hi Stephanie from another Stephanie think about the clothes you have and choose something that matches with them .. I take it wife dosent approve of Stephanie and so sorry for you girl but that would be a good place to start with a color choice from a woman that knows good luck girlfriend ..

Stephanie Bass

She knows, but hasn’t given permission to dress outside the house yet. Hence the desire to limit the number of shoes.

I like white casual shoes because they can go with denim and skirts, shorts, dresses, rompers, and jumpsuits (all the types of clothing I like to wear) of practically any color. They are harder to keep clean, but the easiest color to find.

For versatile think smart white sneakers, or if you want to be a bit more formal loafers are great, tan or black patent for something a bit smart chic. Black ankle boots if it’s wet or cold.

B x

Be careful with your first pair of shoes  it is a real rabit hole.  I am up to 8 pair and on my way out to buy another.

White sneakers are the most versitle, i love my heals. Especally if only at home.

Paula

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?