Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

So long Sephora 🙁

I used to really enjoy nipping in to Sephora, AVEDA or MAC stores to get a quick makeup or lipstick fix. You have to visit the unbelievable cosmetics area of Le Baie/The Bay on rue Saint Catherine in Montreal before you die. Every imaginable cosmetics company in the world is there. It’s like a scene from Willy Wonka for makeup lovers! I had a makeover there by a big deal from Christian Dior in Paris in front of forty or so ladies. It was heaven! Being out in public in such a rather vulnerable situation was a exciting. And of course those companies to love have lovely people becoming lovelier in their windows…..

Now as we near the end of El Covido I am realizing just how lucky I’ve been not to have picked up something nasty at those counters.

Our Canadian broadcaster CBC has a weekly show called “Marketplace”. Earlier this year they scientifically tested the testers from a variety of mall based cosmetic/makeup counters and the results will shock you.

Alas, post El Covido I don’t see companies jumping back into makeovers at the counter or offering testers again.

It was bliss while it lasted…Thoughts?

DeLora
      Lady

Covid19 is just another infectious disease, like influenza, but we have no immunity to it and no vaccine. Once we have a vaccine and the population has immunity, either by exposure or by vaccination the risk of infection will greatly reduced and we will be able to return to normal. We are however about a year away from a vaccine at best. Currently it looks like the US and Brazil are going to achieve herd immunity by exposure and the sacrifice of many lives.
      I’ll wait until I have been vaccinated before even considering a makeover.

Anonymous

I don’t do samples; IMO, it’s inherently unsanitary. But when makeovers are again available, I plan to be at the head of the line.

Anonymous

From afar it is disheartening to see the…..confused and incontiguous responses in America and Brazil.

El Covido kills. I get the yearly flu shot because in my job I am one-on-one with students. I would not to infect them with anything, flu, cold whatever.

I  think is I will take advantage of service for purchases options and pay for the makeup the tech uses. I’ll bring my own brushes as well.

Given the talk among Canadian provinces the makeup techs will be wearing masks anyway.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I agree with DeLora.  It will probably be at least a year before things return to a semblance of normal.  If companies like Sephora and Ulta can survive that long, I think people will flock to their stores for the close-contact services that are currently unsafe.  I will be one of them.

The beauty industry is a $90 billion business in the US alone.  Half the population demands those products and services.  It will be hit hard, but it will be back.

Emily

K Swim
      Lady

I don’t do these types of makeovers. I just need my swimsuits, and I am happy.

As far as being unsanitary, I have been practicing those preventative measures for much longer than this stupid virus has been run amok. No, I am not a “germophobic” but I find that sometimes the occasional small cuts can be remedied with hand sanitizer….yes, it will hurt like crazy but not for very long. In my line of work, hand washing is pretty much required….and I am an IT technician BTW. No matter how clean or dirty my supported customers are, computers that are on top of, or under a desk are always running fans that inhale everything in the air around them. Just give it a few years, and the dust inside of them is nightmare-ish. I wash my hands quite frequently because there is no telling what is mixed with that dust that I just got all over myself when I have to go replace parts.

That said, even after Covid-19 is long gone and dead, there is no reason to stop practicing those measures of cleanliness. There will always be this type of risk out there. You don’t need to stop doing what makes you happy. All you need to do is to be cautious.

DeLora.

There is no guarantee that one cannot catch the rotten virus more than once and herd immunity may turn out to be a red herring. There is a good chance that if we do find a vacation that it will need an annual tweek ‘al la flu vaccine’.

I’ve never had a makeoverike these. I wanted to but never really had the bottle.

Take care girls

Anne-Marie.

I read in Cosmo (I think, I know I read it somewhere) around 30 years ago that testers are an excellent way to pick up something nasty from someone else. I’ve never used them.

I’ve never been interested in makeovers but it’s my understanding that the makeup they use for you specifically has never been used on anyone else before. I have no idea about the brushes and things they use.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Hi Harietta,  I never have gotten a makeover but once things get back to close to normal I can’t wait to get a makeover.  I should be worried about corona (I’m 65), but you only live once and if those busnesses do open up, thy will be taking more precautions.  Time will tell if we get that far.

Sandy

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I’m wondering the same thing, though I’ve never gone in and tried out the testers, I have had a makeover at MAC, and a bit of a mini one at the local drug store.

After long enough, I think we will see something like that again, but perhaps not as much, though it is a good selling tool for all the cosmetics companies. That is something they will not want to totally give up on. I’m betting given enough time, they will find a way to make it work, and more safely than before.

I am looking forward to getting a makeover done again, whenever that may be.

Amy

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?