Viewing 4 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hello ladies!  After looking at what Faceapp says I’ll look like it’s pretty clear I will need some serious help with my makeup.  I’m curious to know if anyone is aware of makeup artists who cater to the CD/TS community in the greater LA area.  I’m thinking if I can have someone make me look amazing then I’ll feel confident I can learn to do the same.

I can’t help with a specific recommendation for an LA makeup artist. I live in the ultra conservative Midwest. I do have some suggestions though. Six days ago, I went to an Ulta and bought a full batch of makeup. Everything! The girls there were a lot of help. I had a list of what I needed based on watching a ton of YouTube tutorials. I practiced eyes a few days ago and today was my first attempt at full makeup. Both times were far from perfect but since I had a little knowledge from all the tutorials, I can definitely see what’s possible. And the key is practice, practice, practice. Today, I had to use my makeup remover twice to fix a couple glaring mistakes. I’m not saying you shouldn’t go see a professional just to see. But you’re still gonna have to learn what genetic girls have been practicing since they were 13. And a lot of them still can’t do their makeup well. I would guess that many LA makeup artists would be CD friendly. Just call them up and ask them directly and see how they react when you ask.

Henrietta

I’ll second that motion and back up Mika.  *ULTA*

You may have to try a couple, but when you find great girls to help you, you’ll be off to the races.  Mine loved helping me.  I went back and showed them my progress with pictures. Which reminds me, I need to head back to show off the fully dressed Robyn.

FaceApp is great when using it as a reference.  Once you get in and start talking to the Ulta Girls, you might end in a different direction than your pic.  Mine did but it turned out great. I’ve only been at it for about a month now.

I would say a makeup artist/makeover would be great…assuming affordability…and if they will teach you how to use it.

Definitely practice, practice, practice.  And lots of makeup remover!

Robyn 😁❤️

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

It seems that the lockdown has made it very difficult to find someone who is still doing it. I’ve had the same thoughts. I am sure it would be easier for someone who lived near a larger community. Ive been searching but unable to find someone who will do it privately. I’m not ready to sit out in the open, not yet anyway.

Try the Thumbtack app. It’s an app that caters to freelancers for a variety of services.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?