Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

All right ladies, IT is finally here.  SPRING!!!  I have been to Amarillo twice and Oklahoma City once in the past 3 weekends.  What did I do?  You guessed it.  Set my debit card on fire is what.

It seems that a lot of clothing lines have been holding back because of Covid.  But what I have seen so far is large numbers of people out shopping for clothes and many other things.  I honestly do believe we will see more people than usual outside as the weather mellows, and lots of new fashions styles to boot.

I hit the majors for certain, but I have also hit the thrifty’s too.  You other girls here in the U.S. should check and see if you have an ‘Americas Best Thrift Store’ in your area.  Monday and Wednesday everything on a hanger is 1/2 price, all day.  At checkout, you can donate your change (or any amount) to the charity they support.  Our local one in Amarillo supports “The Bridge Child Advocy Group”.

Win/win both ways.   I got 8 blouse (3 of them silk) for $12 and change this past Monday.

So, what are you planning?  What sales are you hitting, and what did you get to show off outdoors ?

PaulaF

• This topic was modified 3 years ago by Paula F.
      Anonymous

Hello Paula…

Obviously you are well!!!  haha..

We are allowed to gather in groups of 6 now….unless you go to Parks or beaches, then it’s 600… that’s another story!!!

we are coming out of lockdown and it will be madness when the shops finally open…most of our thrift/ charity shops still have Christmas decorations in the windows….yes, it’s been that long!!!!….I already have quite a list and that is just from window shopping….including a couple of lovely hats!!!….so when it happens, it’s going to be all the ” B’s”…..

Big Bags, Boxing gloves, Barging, Bargains and Buy,Buy,Buy !!!!

3 – 2 – 1…..Grace ❤️❤️

Anonymous

Big Bags, Boxing gloves, Barging, Bargains and Buy,Buy,Buy !!!!

Oh, Grace, you’ve just reminded me why I don’t do the big sales.

But I’m still looking forward to the quaint concept that you can try something on for size before you buy it.

Marti xxx

When I was ‘thrifting ‘ on Monday, I  didn’t pay attention to the time and was in there almost 2 hours before I hit the changing room.  Just so much clothing has accumulated for them over the winter.  The collection bins have always been full when I have dropped things therefrom time time, and they had to deal with reduced open hours as well.

Good pickins’ now that they’re open.

PaulaF

Hi Paula,

I do most of my shopping at end of season clearance sales. Recently have purchased new sweaters for $3-$5, and leggings and jeans for about the same. I just bought four pair of furry winter boots (like Ugg’s) online for only $12 a pair. I had made similar purchases last year for spring items to wear this year and have lovely sandals ($3) and shorts sets ($2). The only thing I buy at full retail price is panties which my wife loves to find for me every time we go to Walmart. I do however LOVE my thrift stores and yard sales. One charity thrift store we donate and buy from has ALL items just $1 !! The most amazing thrift store that I have been to was in Plano, Texas while visiting relatives. They rotate all of their clothes and on the first day of the week things are $2 and decrease daily until the last day when things are 25 cents. I recently went through my closet and shoes and culled initially purchased items that were ill fitting or just “not right”. Yeeeaaa, more room for NEW stuff ! Stephanie

I have to make regular donations to the thrifty’s, or my closets would explode.  That’s one reason I am out of the closet, there’s no room.  LOL.

PaulaF

Anonymous
      Lady

I love spring clothing shopping. I also went wild the last few weeks. Six new bralettes, 4 bathing suits, 4 dresses, 5 bodysuits, 4 pairs of sneakers and of course replacing some panties. Next up new tops to replaces some that are too big.

Sandy

Anonymous

Hi Paula, what a treat it is to read your posts, always interesting and enjoyable and well written.

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Paula, well your definitely right that the stores think it is Spring.  I stopped into Walmart and picked up two pair of women’s canvas sneakers for a very nice price.  For practical purposes though, I won’t be able to wear them out and about for a couple of months yet.  I’ve just put away my snowboots (for the 2nd time) and my winter hiking boots a couple of days ago.  My backyard still has about two feet of snow but fingers crossed it is starting to melt (I can now finally see the top of my fire pit).  But those darn weather forecasters are calling for snow again next week and a high temperature of 2 Celsius.  Brrr.  I’m definitely envious of you gals down in Texas this time of year, but come July and August, there is no way I could survive in the Texas heat.

Back to spring shopping though.  Before I can start any shopping for clothes in earnest, I need to purge some of my older clothes as I have absolutely no place left to hang or store clothes.  I already have three giant closets for hanging clothes and five chests of drawers for storing clothes and most are en femme.  And my spouse would not be happy if I started taking up her meagre space.  So I vowed to myself to only buy new if I get rid of stuff first.  So that will be my task for the weekend. Thanks for the reminder.

All the best, stay healthy, stay safe, Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous

Hi Krista, I’ve just said to Paula what a pleasure it is to read her posts. I would also like to add how refreshing and interesting it is to read yours  too. Always well written with real substance and meaningful conversation. 

Oh, Krista, I do so feel for you, the last shovelful melted in my yard Monday, and I woke to 2 inches of fresh snow yesterday,lol
        However, spring shopping? I havent stopped since November, lol, but we just went back to province wide semi-shutdown, so we will have to see what happens.
        I cant wait to get my vaccine, and be able to try things on, in store.
        Hugs, Regi👩💕

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Clothes shops here in the U.K have been shut. However the supermarkets still sell clothing ranges but the changing rooms are shut. In the fall I had a clear out and I had enough clothes for the year ahead. So no necessity to buy new and I and the cards could relax.

However the weekly shop had to be done and the trolley kept veering into the clothes area. The stock still turned over and there were the sale rails. How can you resist a bargain or a new style.

Then the online shops are still alive and kicking. The styles and offers are so tempting.

My poor card…….My poor wardrobe….My happy face……

Where we live hasn’t locked down since last spring, and even then it wasn’t bad. But there’ve been restrictions on how many inside and only recently got to start try-ons again. So I’ve been for a bra fitting, and bought 2 there, then a bunch more elsewhere, found some new jeans (then the wife cleared out her closet and gave me more, so I’ve got like seven or ten pairs now), found some sandals AND boots on clearance, and started a relationship with a SA at Ulta… that’s going to cost $/time!

And since my wife and I can often wear the same tops (not always) I’ve started buying her a new collection (that coincidentally we can share). That’s one way I can expand the closet to the other side…sort of!

Bridgette

HI Paula ,

I so love our thrift stores Its goodwill here.

However they are getting a little pricy.

I so look forward to being able to shop again here in KY.

They are open but I noticed the dressing rooms are opening back up .Yes!

Thanks for sharing.

Hugs Patty

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?