• This topic has 51 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 45 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Do others find that ‘the pink fog’ gets at times thicker, at times thins? Or even lifts completely for a while.

Those phases come and go for me.

It is when it thins I am tempted to purge, think hard on things.

But ‘being in the pink’ is part of me, and is always there, just heavy or light, but rarely absent, or if so, not for long.

Omg yes! I feel it has always been there, waxing and waning all my life. Now that I’ve chosen to embrace it, it feels like I’m choking on it. I’ve only recently actually bought some things so I’ve never purged but have felt ‘guilty ‘ for my thoughts. I’m loving it though.

😘❤️

Toni

Anonymous

Yes, it has been my experience that the pink fog does come and go.

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

In my experience, yes I agree though I think of it more as a wave on water. So it is always there just sometimes calm and its a small ripple, other times a tsunami.

Anonymous

Absolutely – throughout my life, it has come and gone. But I also noticed that every time the fog has rolled in – it’s been heavier and lasted longer.

I’m at a point in my life now, where because I’ve finally FULLY accepted who I am, it’s really not a fog any longer…but rather it’s my life and who I am.

So, (to stick to the analogy) the next time the fog rolls out for me – I’ll be buried in my finest dress…

Hugs!

Shawna

Do you girls experience when you get busy with projects or work that it takes your desire away that evening.

If I’m Doing yard work or projects it seems to lift the fog quite a bit or at least take my energy to be feminine.

Patty

Patty I notice that it goes away while I’m busy too, mostly while I’m at work but I get both distracted from it and distracted by it.

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

As others said, I like the analogy of a rising tide. I rote this article here several years ago about it. Hope it maks some folks think.
      https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/the-inexorable-rising-tide/

Cyn

Anonymous

Absolutely, when it thickens it just feels so completely natural. When it thins, I find it is not a conscious process; something else has become important. However, I feel that I am less comfortable with myself at these times.

Oh God yes, all the time.  I’ve purged so many times, that it’s not funny.  The reason for this is that I didn’t want accept who I was.  I agree with Shawna, that the older I get, the stronger the pink fog gets.  I finally accepted who I am, and no longer feel the desire to purge, but it took a very long time to get here.

Oh God yes, all the time.  I’ve purged so many times, that it’s not funny.  The reason for this is that I didn’t want to accept who I was.  I agree with Shawna, that the older I get, the stronger the pink fog gets.  I finally accepted who I am, and no longer feel the desire to purge, but it took a very long time to get here.  My best advice is to embrace who you are.

The pink fog in my life seems to be sexually driven as I have found if my sex drive has been relieved I want no part of the pink fog for few hours to a few days.
      However I don’t think I could purge as shawn a stated I have accepted myself and I do love all my girl cloths and shoes and makeup.

Patty

Hi Patty,

It was sexually driven for me as well. And like you, once I was relieved, it would go away.  Sometimes I was overridden with guilt and that would cause me to purge.  As I’ve gotten older, it’s not as sexually driven as it was.  Thanks for posting on this topic!

Anonymous

What is sex?  Is it something that we have, or is it something that we do?

Anonymous

It’s a small word with many definitions. Often, it seems to be like what the Red Queen said to Alice: “When I use a word in a sentence, it means whatever I want it to mean”. Within this group (I think) it means how you present yourself to others. Context is everything.

Anonymous

[quote quote=180881]Do others find that ‘the pink fog’ gets at times thicker, at times thins? Or even lifts completely for a while.

Those phases come and go for me.

It is when it thins I am tempted to purge, think hard on things.

But ‘being in the pink’ is part of me, and is always there, just heavy or light, but rarely absent, or if so, not for long.

[/quote]
      Well during the times of the tinnest fog i find myself content with myself but when the fog thickens `i always think of one more femiine thing i might add to my repertoire. It makes Julie so happy.

Anonymous

I’ve purged sooo many times! The pink fog definitely exits for me, I have a 3 month “cycle” when the fog is a “pea souper” (to use a Brit phrase) for 3 months or so and then it thins (but doesn’t disappear) for 3 months or so but gradually seeps back. I’m in a “pea souper” at the moment and loving every minute of it! Hugs, Tanya.

Anonymous

I haven’t been on the site for a while.

The Pink Fog lifted for a while.

Oh, I still wore my panties, and a nightie to bed, but thatwas enough for a while.

And then it returns.

Jessica
      Lady

I don’t have the urge to purge any longer for some reason. I’m not sure why, but I do get the fog. If I’m understanding what it is correctly. There are times at my job where it thins, but usually when I am home or not at work it’s pretty thick. I am interpreting the pink fog as interchangeable with dysphoria.

Omg, yes.  I was hit hard about 2 months ago and then suddenly I was left hanging trying to pick up the pieces.  I thought maybe since I have been underdressing that the pink seemed to fade.  I struggled through it and finally was able to buy my first dress.  Talk about getting hit with a sledgehammer.  One of the greatest internal experiences and sensations I ever experienced.  I wish it to last forever, but if you have it forever you would not yearn for it when it isn’t there and sometimes that is also a rewarding experience.

The Pink Fog, just like the weather is always in flux; light at times and other times blinding. As time progress the Pink Fog becomes lighter for me. I have built an okay clothes, makeup, accessory and shoe army to defend against the Pink Fog. Don’t get me wrong, if I’m in Sak’s and see some hot sexy dress, don’t think my heart doesn’t race and want to check the size… But I understand the Pink Fog and the power is has!

Anonymous

I have just been through a very light pink fog cycle.

Definitely thickening up for me at the moment though.

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

This topic has been discussed a few times at the support group which I am a member of.  Many of us, self included, experience peaks and valleys in the Pink Fog.  Since coming completely out of the closet several years back, my desire to cross dress in public varies from week to week.  Time permitting, I dress three times a week, while other weeks I will get out dressed only one day that particular week.  Sadly, Georgia’s shelter-in-place order has virtually reduced my opportunities to cross dress out in public to about zero, since everything is closed.

One member of our group recently told me she has not dressed at all in almost a year but did not purge.  She believes the desire will return.  I personally know stress involving family issues can temporarily dampen the desire to cross dress.  However, back when I was working full time, stress issues on the job gave me an incentive to dress more often.

The Pink Fog is always a great topic for discussion.  To summarize, I think the Pink Fog is a very fluid issue.

Hi Girls,

As I have said previously my Pink fog comes is strong and then is almost nonexistent.

I know some girls will be upset with me for saying this but I will share anyway.

When my girly side needs recharging sometimes I look at sissy captions to recharge.

I don’t mean the sex acts captions either I mean the ones with very feminine sext picture.

I know some find them demeaning however I find many to be very feminine  and some very sexy.

I am sorry if this offends any one .

I don’t mean for it to be demeaning or vulgar

Its just the way I work I guess

Love Patty

Anonymous

[quote quote=334300]Hi Girls,
      As I have said previously my Pink fog comes is strong and then is almost nonexistent.
      ….
      When my girly side needs recharging sometimes I look at sissy captions to recharge.
      [/quote]

No offence here, know where you are coming from.

Anonymous

The Fog is with me, every breath I take. I’m dressed at least part of every day, and aiming for a few all-day sessions. Underdressed always, and sleep in a nightie. And with a supportive wife, I don’t expect the Pink Fog to ever dissipate.

ChloeC
      Duchess

For me, for a number of years (not really knowing what to call it, but Pink Fog sounds very appropriate), I would get strong feelings and then they would subside for a while, but always come return, often stronger than before.  I purged of course during some of those times, but more often because I was moving to a new location, getting a new job, or some other life changing event…getting married being the most significant of course.  I had thought at those times that I just wanted to give it all up, get on with my ‘real’ life, stop doing these ridiculous things, trying to dress, I mean, come on. But as I’ve gotten older, I have now accepted it will never go away, and maybe I’m beginning to face my own mortality and don’t want to have my life to end, having stopped doing what I really, truly like doing.  So, I have reduced my ‘wardrobe’, but I still dress when I can, and actually think about it a lot more often.

What does come and go much more now is my desire to put in writing some of my thoughts. As I’ve mentioned in other threads, I write fictional tg transformation stories, and that’s where the feelings really come and go.  When I’m feeling good, I’ll write a lot, with it just pouring out of me; but then the desire will fade for a while, even in the middle of some story I really like and want to finish.  That drives me crazy.  But it comes back. Sort of like ‘writer’s block’ but with a tg slant. Crazy, huh.

The fog, for me, is always present, more often than not enveloping me, esp when I see a well put together woman in public, I start running what lines her blouse or skirt could be and do I have one of their catalogs or online access.  During work it mostly sitting very quietly in the back of my mind until I run across a woman’s fashion magazine in one of the waiting areas (age of the magazine doesn’t matter) so I can look through and see what was available and maybe see if I can find something I like, just to have something to look for when shopping.

I live with and co-exist with it quite comfortably now that I have learned to balance income versus catalog editions.

PaulaF

Anonymous

Hi Candy , I’ve always had varying levels of pink fog , some lightweight others OTT , some lasting a few minutes to hours .

However I’ve found since I’m living more towards the female end of the spectrum ( I’m gender fluid ) that the pink fog has diminished …. fortunately 😊. Tiff

Edie Majeski
      Baroness

I’ve learned a long time ago that purging will not make the pink fog go away. It will always be with you.

The Pink overwhelms me.

I wouldn’t want it any other way.

Jessica

Anonymous

Since I’ve come to CDH, I stay at a nice pinkish level that intensifies for stretches but never really “thins”. I am ALEXIS 👗💄👠 with tasks and presentations that change. Good question.

Hi Edie,

Girl, that is good news. “The fog never goes away.” Music to my ears. I’m feeling overwhelmed by the Forces of Pink right now. I love the feeling! I never want it to go away!

I accept my circumstances, and they are good, but the knowledge that a large part of my heart and soul has become a woman is an amazing and wonderful feeling.

Love to all,

Jessica

Seren
      Baroness

Hey all,

Question for those of you who are still covert CDs or aren’t fully out, or atm struggling with #lockdownstress: do you get #pinkfogoverload or a build up so great as to affect your judgement or make you take extra risks, with, for example, stealth dressing or going out that you wouldn’t normally consider?

S x

stay safe, stay cute 👗💚🌈

Patty Phose
      Duchess

When my Pink Fog gets thick, I have to do something about it. That usually is dressing in something pretty sexy. I’ll get all made up and the desire to go out and show myself becomes so strong I just have to do it. I’m probably dressed way to sexy for my age and I’m definitely not in blend in attire. Still, I need to feel that excitement, thrill and rush, or feminine nirvana as Patty Williams calls it.

Yes, i’d say the pink fog thins for me but never completely clears and i do love being lost in that fog.  Maybe I’ll slip into something alotta more pink after work tonight.  Think pink!  Love pink!

Ohh, Joanne… Think Pink and emmenés in the Pink Sink… sorry, got carried away!
        But… Pink Think Sink Kink Dink Wink Fink Ink Tink Zinc… etcink

xxx Polly

Ever since I’ve vowed to never purge again, my pink fog has gotten more dense.  It began with me throwing out all of my male underwear and wearing panties 24/7.  And it grows even more dense with every dress, lingerie or pair of high heels I buy.  I never want it to go away.

I’ve always wanted to dress as girls do – I don’t see it as pink fog, just part of my makeup. If anything, I have more clarity of thought en femme, as if the blue fog has lifted.

Now I have a better understanding of how many others feel like this, from being part of this site and the thousands of members, I think society lives in a fog with varying degrees of clarity where our passion is concerned – and small wonder, when we ourselves tend to discuss aspects of it in depth, and compare varying notes!

There’s a risk attached to everyday life, and the more I go out dressed, the lower I feel the risk level – although it would be idiotic to think there’s no risk in being a cross dresser. We’re a misunderstood minority group like so many others. We need to get the understanding into society – that is what we are best equipped for.

I do understand the fog metaphor though – I feel something similar as a happy, BN card-carrying, signed up naturist.

Happy to chat with fellow naturists in a different thread ot through PM. True naturism can be  an even harder thing to get accepted than cross dressing!

Love Laura

Anonymous

Many of us were born in a pink fog. It gets stronger at times. Like other have said, it never goes away.

Kay

I have purged several times and can attest, at least for me, I can ignore the desire to be Heather for only so long, but it comes back strong.

I am one of those girls that enjoys the pink fog and allow it to be part of me all the time

Anonymous

The fog is definitely thicker at times… when it is at it’s thickest I struggle with resisting shopping online for more treats to wear… I find the fog thins when I am super busy , but never to the point I don’t want to underdress

Anonymous

For me it comes and goes a bit, but has never completely gone away. This year it is VERY thick and I am embracing it instead of attempting to resist. I am much more comfortable with myself now because of that. I even purchased a painting I hung above my desk titled Pink Fog by Leanid Afremov. My wife is still puzzling over that one.

Glad Mary Ann he have decided to embrace it rather than resist it. There is a reason for it and we just need to control it at times but rather have it in my life than not

Anonymous

Candy. I was flitting through various topics and saw this. I have lived this on more than one occasion. Late 2019 the light switch flipped off – just like that. Only to flip on 4 weeks later. It was the darnedest thing. I tried tempting myself but got nowhere then…poof! Hmm..
      Then this occurred again over a 10 week period (September 2020)- and yes, a very expensive purge. I sooo miss some of the one piece bodysuits and …gulp, my heels. I’ve replenished much of my wardrobe and found my tastes have changed some. More pastels and somewhat of a younger variety – especially bras. I buy much more PINK as an example. I am fully entrenched PINK and love it.
      Kisses

Catherine
      Duchess

[postquote quote=180881]
      Yes it has been with me most of my life I just never thought of it as the”pink fog” ,I would purge  when I was younger but now I like accept it ,it is here with me and as for now I realize about the “pink fog” ,Catherine

Hi Candy

Pink fog? What fog? I cannot see what I cannot see!

<laugh>

Of course the fog thins from time to time! However, one has to remind oneself why is one doing what one does. The fog really never lifts and to deny that is to deny one’s own life.
      I’m sitting at the table in the evening… with the wind blowing the drapes, dressed in one of my fav dresses (but barefoot), drinking a glass of Rosé… thinking I hope the pink fog lasts in its intensity forever!!!

Love Polly

Anonymous

Polly. Thinking this through (something a Pink bimbo would never say!), even though the Pink light switch might click off (like a power outage? Blown…fuse?) leaving the house eerily Blue, eventually the power will go back on. THE WIRING IS STILL THERE and still intact so when it does come on, it comes on brighter and more powerful than before. Hmm, even for me, I like this analogy.
        P

I wai was missing the pink fog one day and it told me a secret. If you want me to come back add just onr more feminine thing to your repetoire.

Years ago when I was a lot younger, my urge to dress would disappear sometimes even for years.

As I have grown older I don’t find I get a pink fog so much as a consistent desire to dress daily.

Cynthia

Anonymous

Candy,

I just went through about two months when I had no desire to dress. I was really concerned that I was finished. Thankfully last night the pink fog came upon me and I spend the evening doing housework in a nighty.

Whew!!!

-Caroline

Viewing 45 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?