Viewing 13 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Samantha Joan
      Hostess

Ask yourself this, is Die Hard a Christmas Film?

This very question has been hotly debated since it’s release and more so recently.

Thankfully, my local cinema reopened last Friday, providing the local residents to catch up on some much loved Christmas classics. Needless to say, I went straight for Die Hard.

Whilst this film is part of my annual Christmas viewing, I have never yet seen the film as it should, on the big screen. I will not go into the plot as everyone should have seen it by now. If you haven’t, Bruce Willis, fresh off Moonlighting, has one Christmas Eve not to forget! Plus we also get to see Alan Rickman’s scene stealing performance as the villain of the film.

Overall, to see Die Hard on the big screen was a great opportunity, adding depth and a few extra bits I have never seen before. I left the cinema feeling more Christmassy then I did the day before. Still, Christmas films do have that effect on you!

So to answer the question, yes, Die Hard is most certainly a Christmas Film! Would you agree? Please let me know…

Hugs

Samantha x x

I love Die Hard. But, just my own opinion, I don’t think it’s a Christmas film. I believe it’s tacitly connected to Christmas and I do associate it with Christmas though

I’m in the ‘yes’ camp as far as is it a Christmas film. The final credits to the song ‘let it snow’ makes me think of Christmas. Any excuse🤣

Fabulous OTT performances from the goodie (Willis) and the baddie, the great Alan Rickman delivering every line with cold disdain ‘Mr Takagi… won’t be joining us for the rest of his life’🤣🤣🤣. Only superseded this icy facade  when playing Snape. Not Shakespeare but great fun.

❤️B

Anonymous

My family has discussed this controversy at some length. And most of us say that it IS a Christmas film. And it is my own favorite Christmas film.

Bettylou

Anonymous

Die hard..

for me is a Christmas film, but it’s a film set at Christmas rather than a film about Christmas

…..and Alan Rickman……….. absolutely ” stole” Kevin costner’s film ” Robin Hood, prince of thieves”…..as the sheriff of nottingham….

Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings and CALL OFF CHRISTMAS”…..genius!!!

Will Scarlett xx…..hehe

Samantha Joan
        Hostess

Hey Grace

Please watch the QI with John Sessions. He does the greatest Alan Rickman impression ever.

Totally agree on the Kevin Costner thing, Alan stole the lead and ran with it, just a brilliant performance from start to end.

Hugs

Samantha x x

“With a spoon?”

“Its dull you twit, it’ll hurt more”

OMG yes!  Definitely a Christmas film, if only by the fact that we all think so.  And, though don’t tell anyone “judgy”, I actually like all the other Die Hard films as well!

As for Alan Rickman, yes, he’s really good as well – very evil!  And in the Robin Hood film as well. But . . . the absolute BEST Sheriff of Nottingham in film has to be Robert Shaw in Robin and Marian!  Of course, he has to play against Sean Connery as Robin, and Audrey Hepburn as Marian!

The battle at the end, as the two old antagonists duel is fabulous, and the end of the film is heartbreaking.

Can you tell it’s one of my favorites?  Major digression here!  Sorry!

Mikey

Anonymous

When I first met my wife she told me her favorite movie is Die Hard.  I knew at once this is the woman I want to marry.  We watch it every Christmas eve snuggled up on the couch.

Anonymous

YIPEE KY AY, you gosh darn guys you, ( censored that line) , my favourite Christmas flicks 1 and 2. How much more Christmassy can you get, the guy risks his life to save his wife, if that’s not the ultimate gift of love I don’t know what is and you have to love Al and his twinkies.

Samantha Joan
        Hostess

Wonder if Al Junior ever did get to go on the jungle gym with Lucie and John Junior…?

While introduced at Christmas time, I’ve never considered it to be a Christmas movie. Christmas movies tend to be (or should be!) thoughtful movies or comedies, not action blow-‘em-up movies. And yes, I do like action blow-‘em-up movies!

Hi thank you for bringing up this topic, I honestly love the things we girls talk about on CDH. It’s not just my favourite Xmas film, it’s one of my favourite films of all time. The no shoes bit always gets me. Plus Alan Rickman, dam he knows how to play the villan.

I’d say it’s not your usual Xmas movie but does fall into that category.

Love Trish

Sadly, the late Alan Rickman…

Rip Alan Rickman. They couldn’t make another like you. Still love him in HP.

Mr Potttter you could feel the resentment.

Love Trish

Yes, he did have that condescension thing working…

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Die Hard and Die hard 2 are definitely Christmas films!!  Love all the Die Hard films.  Favorite is ‘LIve Free or Die Hard’.  Just remember ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’ was not supposed to be a Christmas movie either, it just ended at Christmas time.

Sandy

It’s just not Christmas until Hans Gruber falls from the Nakatomi Building. Everyone knows that!!! … 😉

-kb

I’m a word…….

Yippee kiy yah mother-(content deleted)

This is a yearly favourite, even my wife enjoys this ‘unconventional’ Christmas movie.

……..and I was lucky enough to see this on the big screen when it first came out.

Josie Angel
      Duchess

If Die Hard is a Christmaa film (and the majority seems to agree it is), are Gremlins and Lethal Weapon Christmas movies?

Samantha Joan
        Hostess

Hey Josie

Thank you for your reply, it is nice to meet another film fan too!

Consider them both Christmas films, Lethal Weapon especially. I feel that Lethal Weapon does get seriously overlooked by Die Hard.

I appreciate your reply to It’s A Wonderful Life too. The run up to Christmas would not be the same without a viewing, although I do have a playlist for watching before the big day!

Although I love the Christmas classics, I can’t help a re-watch of Casablanca too.

Hugs

Samantha x x

It most DEFINITELY is a Christmas movie.  Not all agree but they are entitled to be wrong lol.  Come to think of it, I don’t think I’ve ever seen it on the big screen.  But it is required viewing each year!

Samantha Joan
        Hostess

Hey Erica

Thank you for your reply!

It was fun to see Die Hard on the big screen for the first time.

With that and It’s A Wonderful Life got me more into the Christmas spirit. So from me to you,

“Welcome to the party pal” & “Yipee Ki Yay”

Hugs

Samantha x x

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?