Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Hi girls, I hope you are all well.  I felt a need to address some issues that have come up lately.

There have been several girls who have moved on recently for one reason or another.   Some have had family crises, some have ended their journey, some feel shame- there are many reasons.  And yes, some have been banned for improper behavior or repeatedly flaunting site policy.

Many members do not see the reasoning because the offending post has been removed, or never see the abusive PM’s we receive.  Many rely on second hand information and rumours to understand it and never get the whole picture.  Or they get a warped picture….

Concerning Hollys’ ” what’s going on” post (since deleted), please understand that insulting the staff or our site is not tolerated – obviously.  And – I’m glad someone shared this – being divisive and trying to get members to leave is just wrong.  It is frankly petty and a cheap shot, and you will be banned for it.   We strive to make this a safe and secure site for all, but people and policies must be respected.

Management does encourage everyone to contact us if you have concerns or issues.  Give us an opportunity to address the situation and do NOT rant in the forums.  No, management does not explain all the decisions they make – that would take forever – but we will try to clear up any confusion or disinformation.

CDH may not be everybody’s cup of tea, but we work to make this a secure place for us to share our journeys, and the joys and pains that come with it.

I’d like to think of us as an extended family.  We may have our differences, but we are all here in it together.  And I love the strength that gives us.

Thanks!

Stevie

BillieJay
      Managing Ambassador

To add to this a bit, we don’t publicly shame people for infractions. You may only see that someone disappears, whereas they’ve been coached privately by the managers more than 10 times and the behavior and complaints about them are still coming.
      I don’t put up a post every time someone has an image pulled for a full butt showing, we coach and go on. But when it keeps happening there’s an issue that needs to be addressed.
      None of the managers removes an established member without discussing it with all of the managers.

ChloeC
      Duchess

Having been a mod on another somewhat similar site, I fully and thankfully appreciate all the work that the moderators here put in to keep this a safe, welcoming, sharing site. Thank you.

Hugs, ChloeC

p.s. it wore me out.

Lynda Jones
      Baroness - Annual

Thanks for all your time a energy keeping CDH free of rants and rages.
      Lynda

BillieJay
      Managing Ambassador

And in response to a question posed yesterday we currently have 34,907 members on the site.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by BillieJay.

How many are active/regular contributors, I wonder. I’m admin to a FB group (non CD) that has 10,000 members, but only about 100 are active/contributors. A lot of the non contributors will like posts, but not actually post anything. The vast majority are dormant.

Cerys.
        PS. I’m not actually looking for, nor requesting an answer…. Just wondering.

Anonymous
          Lady

Hi Cerys

I’m not a moderator but from looking at poll numbers it seems like there are about 200 members who regularly visit. One would think with that many there would be more lively forums but most probably just lurk.

BillieJay
          Managing Ambassador

We have a LOT of people who make an account to look around but never post anywhere.
          I don’t have the stats on how many active members we have, but I’m betting 1% would be a peak.

Hoping this doesn’t come across as overly jaded but welcome to the internet.

Mandy Wife
      Baroness

It saddens me what’s happened recently.  So many people I used to talk to have gone (for whatever reason) and unfortunately it just doesn’t seem the same.

The SOs forum is pretty non existent and no-one posts any more, I’ve tried a few times and maybe just am occasional reply.  I hope thats a good thing and people are happy in their relationships, but there were also those of us who are supportive and who did post but it just all seems to have died off.

Shame really as I learnt as much from reading other dressers and SOs posts and that “educational” side now seems to be missing, which is why I joined CDH in the first place.

BillieJay
        Managing Ambassador

I don’t know if Mrs Jay takes part in the SO forums but she does chat with my friends in public chat.

Not much I can do on the SO side of things (being a happily celibate CD) but on the educational side, I hope if you haven’t gotten the memo already please feel free to ask away, either in public forum or private message if you’re feeling shy.  And bless you for being here in the first place, it means a lot to us and especially your SO.

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Thanks to all that keep this a safe and friendly place!
      Love, and hugs,

Lara

Many years ago I witnessed something happen in a forum that wasn’t being properly moderated (my opinion). The end result was deeply disturbing. This is the first forum I have participated in since leaving it.

I will miss some of the members that are no longer here but I would never want to see something like that again.

Anonymous
      Lady

I don’t read every post but it seems to have calmed down considerably in the last month. I would think this is due to moderator’s actions.

Thank you for making CDH a safe place to post.

Terri Anne
      Ambassador

Well Done Stevie,

Thank You,

Terri Anne

Could someone please give me a link to “site Policy”, I cannot seem to find it and would like to re read it
      Thank you

Can I once again give a shout out to all our moderators and the hard, thankless, and often tearful work they put in out of the generosity of their own hearts?  Bless them for keeping this site from becoming another cesspool of internet cringe. <3

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?