Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Lea
      Lady

My wife doesn’t understand why I crossdress, she doesn’t quite accept it, she doesn’t want to see me dressed, she hasn’t forced me to get rid of my collection of shoes, clothes, and lingerie either.

One day, she did remark that I have more pairs of women’s shoes than her, which I defensively refuted – I counted, she has more, though I have 35 pairs.

There are dressy stilettos, a color assortment of flats, casual pumps, wedges, boots, and shoes that blend in for guy mode. Each pair us unique in some aspect of style, color, price, or the story of buying it. Each pair goes with certain dresses, skirts, tops, or pants.

How many pairs is reasonable in a situation like this? Any tips for deciding which pairs are sadly given away?

I’m not a good person to ask.  In neither my masculine persona, nor my feminine persona, am I a shoe horse.  I own only 4 pairs of both masculine and feminine shoes outside of my sports related footwear.  With shoes, I look for comfort, value, and flexibility.  That being said, I never get rid of shoes until they have worn out.  Sorry that I can’t be more help.

MacKenzie

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

I cant answer well either but for the opposite reason! 🙂 I have about 120 pairs of more of shoes -all styles, heels and flats, all colors! You can never truly have TOO MANY shoes! 🙂

Cyn

Anonymous

I just dont think a girl can have too many shoes now. I last looked to see I have 30 pair including sandals,wedgies,mules,stilleto,pumps,and some fetishwear. We need all styles to compliment what we are wearing or the mood we are in at the time. Shoes make the outfit and heels feel so good and natural to my feet now. so in conclusion Lea you never have enough girl

Lea
        Lady

Thanks for all the support, I completely agree that we can never have enough shoes!

Lea

I agree you can never have enough shoes. I have about 40 pairs heels, pumps, wedges, boots, you name it and colors- i one that believes it has to match.

Leanna

skippy1965 Cynthia
        Ambassador

I’m up to about 175 pair! and counting…:)

Cynthia, you have me beat. I own about 50 pairs of boots and probably 75 pairs of pumps, wedges, sandals but always looking to expand my collection.

I have just over 60 pairs of female shoes and boots now. I try to only buy more if they are spectacular, and an incredible deal. I have gotten rid of shoes that I have worn out, and a couple pairs that just didn’t fit me very well. It’s pretty easy to liquidate shoes online these days.

Anonymous

I have a pair of wedges sandals

sexy strappy high heels

peep toe pump platforms

Peep toe pump wedge

mules

sort of each style to fit the mood

thats enough for me since i dont wear out

but i d say try them all on

if not perfect fit get rid of

Jenny
      Lady

I get that your wife doesn’t want to see you dressed, so how do you get her to be OK with spending $ on Shoes!? Maybe u have enough for now. I am flabbergasted at how many gurls have responded, that have so Manny shoes!  I will say that every women must have a few good pairs she can count ion. And then there is just too much! But we must spoil ourselves from time to time. So what ever works for you I say OK!

Anonymous

I thought that I had way too many shoes but after reading the replies  here , I obviously need to go shopping  ! I have about 30 pairs , mostly heels of various heights and colours but a few boots and flats too

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Ever since I was 4, I loved wearing pantyhose, heels and a short dress. The pantyhose was hand me downs from female family members, the short dress was actually a long shirt I wore as a short dress. The shoes were old pumps I borrowed from my mother.

I outgrew the heels by 11. I wanted another pair that fit but mom was against it. She thought I would need a pair a few sizes too large so I would grow into them. If dad found them, there could be problems.

When I was 17, I couldn’t wait anymore. I saw platform wedges I just had to have. I bought several pairs and hid them in the trunk of my car. I wore them when I went out in my pantyhose and short shorts. But I also noticed other shoes I fell in love with. Sexy stilettos, classic pumps, platform wedges. So many wonderful choices. I wanted them all.

When I was 8 and had my own place, I bought two 2 pairs of sexy stilettos I had longed for from the first time I saw them and tried them on. Then I bought dresses, bras, panties, lingerie, more pantyhose, wigs and makeup to wear with those shoes. But I wasn’t done. I saw other shoes I wanted too. Strappy heels. OMG. Have to have those. Classic pumps in pointy and rounded toes. Pumps and wedges and different colors to go with dresses I already had. And pumps and wedges I just loved but didn’t have anything I would wear them with. No problem. I would get the shoes and buy a dress to wear with them later.

I had to have everything and something to wear everything with. That’s how I ended up with closets full of dresses and shoes and draws full of bras, panties, pantyhose and lingerie.

Shoes is like money or pantyhose. You can never have enough.

Hi Lea I don’t think you can have enough shoes either but I am a shop aholic.

I love shoes so much.

Patty

I have close to 30 pair of women’s shoes and just added new calf high boots last week. I only have about 6 pair of men’s shoes. From tennis shoes to stellito heels, ankle boots and wedges I love shoes.

Too many shoes?

Clearly a case of not enough closet

Sorry, after some thought I realized I was making light of what is probably an unhappy situation. I agree with the person that said that anything that is poorly made or uncomfortable should go, after that if you need to purge more, keep pairs that will work with multiple outfits, and then, if like me, you feel the need to shop for shoes, replace those with really nice pairs of the styles/colors you like.

Lea
      Lady

You are right though, it’s still a situation of not enough closet. I counted my shoes recently and I think I’ve now got over 80+ pairs. Enough to wear a different one daily for months, lol. No GG would be that crazy, or organized, to keep that many useful shoes – there are lot just for special outfits, situations, occasions, and just because. Like most GGs, I know I’ll end up barely wearing most of them, and then there are those go-to pairs that get worn so much that they get worn out.

Payless Shoesource closed last year, and a couple of dept stores closed too, so I ended up scoring dozens of pairs at just a few dollars each. Also had some good luck at thrift stores, on the $1 racks.

To free up some closet space, I have been going through my shoes and clothes, getting rid of the ones that were mostly “cute, I need to get that” vs the long-term keeps.

The thing I really love about women’s fashions is the variety in styles, cuts, colors, materials, and how it changes frequently over the years. My shoe collection is a bit nostalgic too, making it even more difficult to say goodbye to a pair of long-time residents.

Life as a CD. It does let me appreciate why my wife has to buy so many things, so I’m really supportive of her in that aspect.

[postquote quote=274372][/postquote]
      I mourn the loss of payless, as it was an affordable source for shoes in my size, 13, 45 Euro, and usually had at least a few styles in store. Shoe Shoe carries some styles in my size, but not in my local store, which may be good as I am more disciplined with my online shopping habits. If I still like something after it has say in my cart a couple days, then I make the purchase

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?