Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Well this is a small step, but it’s a step in the right direction. It next month Government Census here in the UK, the national survey, on March 21st by the office of national statistics aims to provide a voluntary question, on sexuality and gender for ages over 16. The objective is to provide local numbers of LGBT+people, in the first large scale estimates of the trans population,in an attempt to help those suffering from disadvantages in these communities. I for one will definitely be ticking the box.

Anonymous

Hi Amanda,

I’d missed this, but thanks for the heads up. It’s a great opportunity to make one’s presence known.

Marti x

Anonymous

Your welcome, but did you vote sweetie?

Anonymous

??? I haven’t had any paperwork, is this on online thing?

Marti x

Anonymous

Media from ONS

Have already done so in the last election here in NZ, Amanda xxx

Anonymous

Hi Amanda…

yes, I will tick anything that applies to me, truthfully, because it’s the only way a census will work. It will be intriguing to see the results.

This simple girl does ask one question though…before the questions in a census grew and grew, wasn’t it originally a “population count”???..

It does seem badly timed to hold it now when so many people are dying of covid…from the moment the figures are published, they could be thousands adrift….like I say, maybe I’m simple, I wait to be corrected….

Grace xx

Anonymous

You are not simple Grace sweetie, but I would like to see a report on how this information is evaluated and what a difference it actually makes in this field.

I would, and I think it’s important for us to be happy with our identity and let the world know we exist.

….but I would be incredibly nervous of my SO seeing the form (as she doesn’t know and wouldn’t understand), so would have to tick the box then immediately put it in the postbox!

Susan. Xxx

IsabelB
      Lady

The current census form in Ireland only asks the question ‘Sex?’  And has check boxes for Male or Female.

There has been a fair bit of lobbying to extend that over-simplistic and exclusionary approach;  whether that will happen for the next census (postponed from April 2021 to 2022) I don’t know.  The proposed form so far remains the simple Male/Female option.

Hopefully the form gets updated now the census is postponed.

By the way, we have a census every 5 years here.

Isabel x

Sex?

Yes!

Anonymous

Ha ha very good Robyn, 👍

IsabelB
          Lady

Unfortunately, not an option, Robyn…

I could be wrong, but I don’t believe the last US census included any but male and female. I think that with where I’m at now, if given the option, I’d tick the boxes. It’ll be ten years before the next one here though.

Bridgette

Anonymous

It was a very limited census in the U.S., studiously avoiding any social issues, such as gender identity. It also declined to ask about legal status. But the stated purpose of our census is solely to apportion the Congress, and some past census surveys have been downright intrusive in nature.

Siobhan
      Lady

The census question forms for England and Wales are available to view:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/census/censustransformationprogramme/questiondevelopment/census2021paperquestionnaires

Voluntary free text responses available for gender (Q27) and sexuality (Q26),  but also required response to specify sex (3)

There are different questions for Scotland and Northern Ireland. (the other UK nations)

I don’t think Northern Ireland has a gender question for example.

The BBC ran a piece on it:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55721123

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?