Viewing 28 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Ashley
      Lady

I keep myself hair free using a combo of shaving and laser hair removal and honestly I don’t think I’ll ever grow body hair again.  I do feel rather self-conscious come summer and swimsuit time but I want to get over that and be able to flaunt my smooth skin in boy mode.  That being said, what should I do about my arm hair, time to make it disappear?  How do I minimize it or remove all together?  Shaving seems like it would get bothersome but might be best way to start and see how it looks…

I keep my arms and hands shaved. Arms are easy, hands not so much, the knuckles are a bitch.

Ashley,

I am not sure if this is the information for which you are looking.  However, I use my Wall clippers with no guard to shave my arms on a biweekly basis.  As I am a blonde, the resultant length becomes very unnoticable without a detailed exam of my arms.

I will also occassionally shave my hands using a razor when the hair on my hands becomes quite noticably unfeminine.  As I am not truly ambidexterous, shaving my right hand is frustrating, and I only due so when absolutely necessary.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Hi Ashley

On the few occasions I show off my arms en femme I shave them. I use a hair removal cream like Veet on hands and wrists with those knobbly knuckles that are hard to shave.

B x

I remove my arm hair when I want to be fully en femme. When I’m able to keep to my “femme” hair removal routine and my arm hair is short, I use the electric triple “floating head” shaver I use on my beard. If ever my arm hair gets too long, I use a trimmer with no guard then go over it with the “floating head” shaver to get as smooth as possible.

Hi Ashley i regularly shave my arm hair every 2 or 3 months, both my forearms and my armpits, and sometimes i get tiny hair’s on my fingers so i don’t forget to do them too X

Hugs Rozalyn X 🎀

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

I shave my arms 3 to 6 times a week, gets to be so frustrating. I will likely try veet some time in a couple of weeks’ should be hairless a little longer. I wish my arms would do as well as my legs. When I shave my legs now they stay smooth with only a few scattered hairs for days.

. Cassie

Anonymous

My Terri only shaves without the guard up to the elbows and wears 3/4 sleeve blouses. As a he, hair is not so thick that the transition from forearm to upper is not so noticeable.

For women only events, she shaves much closer.

Denise Little
      Duchess - Annual

I asked the same question a year ago
      https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/forums/topic/how-to-deal-with-hair-on-arms-during-summer/

I now shave hands up to where can cover with long sleeves and back of arms every second day, takes 5 minutes. For the rest, I use trimmer set at 3 once a week. I have light hair and I am comfortable presenting myself this way. I feel it looks good at a distance.

Try an epilator (Silk Epil 9) , painful at first but the hair grows back thinner . Use an exfoliating mitt and then epilate, some rose witch hazel afterwards and then moisturize .

Ashley
        Lady

Thanks Katty!

J J
          Lady

I second the epilator. Arms are the least uncomfortable area to treat, and seem to respond the best as regrowth is slow and less noticeable then other areas, so does not need to be done as frequently.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

I shave “nose to toes once a week”.  (but my face daily)Dont have the time or inclination to do it more often.

Sure, it would n nice to be hairless all the time,  and the stubble grows back far too quickly. Just don’t have the time or inclination to do so more often. Tried the hair removal creams. Much smoother for a start, but don’t last any longer than shaving.

Caty

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

You can use hair clippers with a short comb attachment ( like a #2). This will leave you with some hair but thin and not too noticeable. If you want a more cleaner look. Shaving as often as needed, is the way to go. When that becomes bothersome, get an IPL It may takes 3 or 4 wks of doing it 2 to 3 times a week to see it working. After a month you can slow it down to once a week for another month. After that, you might only have to do it once every few weeks. I wasnt covered in hair so the area i needed to treet only took about 30 min per leg. Keep in mind that the IPL wont be much use if your hair is too blond or grey.

While shaving leaves you feeling so  smooth, the inevitable stubble is even more bothersome than the hair itself.

Ashley
        Lady

I have a Silk’n IPL so that’s probably going to be my route.  Just takes time and discipline but the results are great.  I’m not a fan of stubble but who is!

J J
          Lady

Good luck, I have had marginal, at best, results with IPL. I hope your results are better.

Roberta Broussard
            Duchess - Annual

It seems that once you get into the second month, the overall time it takes gets easier. Making it not so much of a chore. I had my body hair pretty much under control but got lazy towards the end of the second month. It took several months but some hair came back. I gave up too soon. I did have several months of only shaving once a week or so.

I use a clipper first then shave them smooth and yes I have taken some flak about my smooth legs and arms in the summer but it doesn’t bother me at all nowadays.

Anonymous
      Lady

I use barber shop clippers to start and then go to the Wahl trimmer which gets real close.  Then for the best result shave.  I agree with others who say this becomes a pain to do regularly.  I have tried Nair which is nearly the same thing as Veet but it irritated my arms and they took a while to heal back up.  I leave the Nair on until the hair loosens up which might have been too long.  I do the same with my legs and don’t have a problem.  If it weren’t so expensive I would like to get professional laser on both arms and legs.  And since I’m dreaming I’d like to do electrolysis on the beard.  I can’t do laser on the face because all the hair is gray, no pigment, no effect.

I was planning to put an image of my chin here but I can’t figure out how to upload an image into one of these replies.

I might still be able to get it to work on the arms.  There is an old myth that the hair grows faster after shaving and it does appear to.  I believe it is just that you have trimmed it all to the same length and when it comes out it looks darker.  I am not sure about the epilators.  I think they just pull the hair out by the root by trapping it in a spinning wheel of some kind.  That would be fine but in my situation the hairs I tweeze come back with a vengeance.  I have Yoda type ear hair that really becomes thick.  I plucked it out to go out and man did it come back.   I notice the same thing with nose and eyebrows.  I wish it were so easy to get hair to grow because I could pluck my eyebrows and maybe thicken them up.  So for me arm hair ends up like so many things which seems to be I still just don’t have it perfected.   I really like them hair free but it is a chore to keep them that way.

Again an image could go here but if you click on the “insert image” icon above it doesn’t seem to help much.  There doesn’t seem to be a way to browse my local drive for the image?

Thanks JJ

I keep my hands shaved and my arms trimmed. The rest, from the neck down including underarms is shaved smooth in the shower everyday. It’s really not that much work with a daily touchup. It’s been my routine for so long I don’t even think about being out in the summer in fewer clothes or being noticed in a bathing suit.

Trimmed my hair on the forearm once and the nurses at the hospital almost immediately asked me why I had trimmed the arm hair, so no further trimming until I retire.

For legs and stomach hair my epilator works very well, now I only need to do them once a month.

Anonymous

I keep my arm hair very short. I leave some as most women do have some arm hair. I just use a little electric trimmer at an angle to not take all the hair. The only person to ever notice was my wife.

I keep mine pretty much hairless now. I really like the feel of smooth arms. I did something one time in the past that gave me really good looking results. I trimmed the hair short and shaved my fingers and hands. Then I used a hair bleaching product to lighten what was left. It was very convincing and had a nice look for the summer.

Love,

Tommie

It’s funny, I’m kind of afraid of the epilator for some reason. I mean, I’m inked, full sleeves on both arms from my wrist to my shoulders, so I’m accustomed to some discomfort in the name of esthetics!

I have very fine arm hair, and it grows back very slowly. I shave my arms every month or so. I wish I was so lucky everywhere else. Shaving is so hard to keep up with, and my wife hates stubble (well, we both do). I’ve tried IPL (not on my arms, because tattoos), and while it has had some effect, not enough that I can stop shaving. Epilator here I come?

Luckily I don’t have that much arm hair, but I did try and take a bit off once with a standard razor just to see what it was like, and I was surprised at how tough it actually is. Now I just generally leave it.

Mia Mor’e
      Baroness

I wondered about that and worried that people would notice because I have hairy arms. I didn’t need to worry. When I shaved my arm hair nobody noticed or commented at all! The fact is no one cares, so go for it!!!

I’ve decided to trim down my arm hair to make it less noticeable when I’m wearing a sleeveless dress, but not so noticeable in everyday life.

I wish all areas were as easy to take care of as arm hair. Personally, I have none showing anymore. Just bare skin. I use an epilator (Philips 8000) just once per week. Takes about 15-20 minutes. Of course the first time is not pleasant, but the arms are the least uncomfortable to do. When the hair does start coming back, it is soft and thin. Being blonde, it is very hard to see until it has been a week or two. After a few times, there is no discomfort at all. I also use the epilator for fingers.

On my legs, the thighs come back faster than below the knees. Still, once per week is good enough. Same thing, comes back in thinner, less discomfort. No discomfort below the knee.

If you are worried about what people will think, I just don’t. Honestly, who looks at people’s arm hair? It is like piecing your ears. I worried for nothing. People have taken a quick glance, but no one says anything or treats me differently.

Others will think what they will, nothing you can do about that. Are you going to let them determine what brings you joy? If anyone should ask why, no matter who, just tell them because that’s the way you like it.

Leonara
      Ambassador

I am “blessed” with light hair from the “chin to toes”. Depending on the blouse or dress sleeveless or 1/4 sleeve length a shave or clipper works fine on the arms. The armpits are shaved weekly…facial hair is shaved daily with a “triple shaver head” and in the evening if I go out I shave the “5 o’clock shadow”…facial hair is grey so electrolysis is out of the question. Age has its advantages, legs are shaved once a month as is the torso…. BTW I was self conscious, at first, wearing hair free legs with shorts ..no comments.  Thanks for listening.. may your shaving and/or epilating, or Nair keep you so smooth…. Warmest regards, Leonara

J J
      Lady

I doubt anybody has noticed my lack of arm hair. They certainly hardly notice my lack of leg hair after nearly forty years. 3 or 4 comments/questions in all that time.

Since I have been shaving, I make it a point to notice such things, and can say it takes real effort. You have to intentionally look to notice such things. I had moderate body hair, and it was dark, so reasonably noticeable, and yet it has never been an issue. If somebody does notice and comments I will simply tell the truth, “I dislike body hair “.  I won’t mention the other truth that I look better in a dress without it.

Ashley
      Lady

Thank you girls for all of your input!  After running it by my SO, I trimmed then shave my arms and I’m surprised I didn’t do it sooner!  Love the feeling and seems my arm hair grows a bit slower so hoping some IPL will thin it out considerably.  Happy to be hair free from the neck down.  My new normal!  Yay!

J J
        Lady

That is the best way to nave a trial run to see how you (and your SO) like it. Don’t expect much from IPL. Results vary widely. It may reduce regrowth, but is no where near as effective as Laser. All hair removal (verses trimming/dissolving hair) will damage some hair bulbs (the growth portion of hair), some more then others. Thermolysis, electrolysis, laser, IPL waxing, tweezering, all remove the hair shaft and damage the hair bulb, in roughly that order, but some hair bulbs regrow. Laser does work, but it is not 100% effective.

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

I shave the arms, but have recently purchased an IPL device for at home “laser” hair removal.

I started with it on the underarms and now I’m working on the bikini area and my face.

I plan to start on the arms too, just don’t enjoy spending ALL day with the damn flash bulb…lol

Have fun out there,

xoxo

Rayna

You are going to have keep removing it! None of the hair removal systems including laser are permanent! I was going to spend a ton of money on professional laser hair removal for my beard, and the first day I stated that “when we are done any hair that comes back you will remove that for free!” I was told that wasn’t guaranteed and was given back my money! I went through 2 Tria laser hair removal systems and the hair came back. So don’t waste your money! However if you go on HRT then a lot of hair on your body will be thinner and lighter and some will disappear. I remove my arm hair as well!

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

I tried the IPL a few years ago. I have a lighter brown, almost blonde color body hair. I followed the routine religiously. It did nothing after a full year. I hear it works better with darker hair.

good luck!

💕Lara

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?