- First time half/ under dressed.
- First time half/ under dressed in public.
- First time half/ underdressed in front of someone.
- First time fully dressed.
- First time fully dressed in public.
- First time fully dressed in front of someone.
- First time you told someone.
- First time accepted by someone.
- First time "with" someone dressed. (Keep this one PG please)
- First time you wore a feminine item
- First professional make over.
- First time someone called you miss/ma'am ect.
- First time you passed
- The inevitable First other I forgot.
- April 20, 2021 at 1:58 pm #481618Trisha Lilly HibbertParticipantRegistered On: December 8, 2020Topics: 35Replies: 658Has thanked: 3110 timesBeen thanked: 2439 times
Hi gals I have was thinking about all the firsts I have done en femme and which of them I hold as the happiest memory.
For more it was being accepted by my best friend and family over two days. Just being able to admit I had feminine feeling was amazing. This was closely followed by my first public outing as Trish, where I first went to work then shopping. I still remember the reactions I got from my colleagues.
So whats your golden momery?
19 users thanked author for this post.
- April 24, 2021 at 8:55 am #483394MelanieElizabethLadyRegistered On: January 9, 2021Topics: 10Replies: 120Has thanked: 256 timesBeen thanked: 663 times
It’s definitely the first time I full dressed. Like many of us cding is progressive, it starts with little things then gradually escalates into the full deal. I remember sloppily applying makeup and lowering my head to put on a cheap costume wig and then looking up and seeing her for the first time. Just seeing the image in the mirror was one thing but then seeing it move was another. Hearing her speak was the final straw it was my voice coming her. I couldn’t believe my eyes and ears it was surreal. Finally the realization hit me the reflection was me, my heart beating out of my chest. Many years of fantasy was a reality in just a few short seconds. It’s the moment dressing was no longer a cheap thrill, the moment I knew it was something more. It’s a moment that has changed my life.
- April 26, 2021 at 11:57 am #484316Trisha Lilly HibbertBaronessRegistered On: December 8, 2020Topics: 35Replies: 658Has thanked: 3110 timesBeen thanked: 2439 times
To see ones self though it all, the trenches gone,the wall with drawn, oh there you at last the woman I see inside and out.
If memories match and akin we are Im smiling for you. Peace at last.
- April 24, 2021 at 3:49 am #483268Regine RichPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 32Replies: 889Has thanked: 8999 timesBeen thanked: 3900 times
- April 23, 2021 at 10:35 pm #483221Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 14Replies: 1075Has thanked: 14513 timesBeen thanked: 4264 times
- April 26, 2021 at 12:10 pm #484320BaronessRegistered On: December 8, 2020Topics: 35Replies: 658Has thanked: 3110 timesBeen thanked: 2439 times
Tis feeling I’m yet to see, as glorious as the skies and sea. To be romanced, wooed and be upon the arms of another. Thought so Serene and exciting.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- April 23, 2021 at 7:39 pm #483181Amy MyersBaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 1322Has thanked: 3794 timesBeen thanked: 3688 times
- April 23, 2021 at 2:14 pm #483063Terri JohnsonLadyRegistered On: April 28, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 26Has thanked: 101 timesBeen thanked: 95 times
This is so personal to each of us. For instance, my first time fully dressed and with makeup the look was not what I hoped for — kind of “dowdy”. For some reason I continued on and my look evolved as I found the clothes, etc. which more matched the look I wanted and was able to achieve.
- April 22, 2021 at 11:31 pm #482562PrudenceAmbassadorRegistered On: January 7, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 124Has thanked: 614 timesBeen thanked: 485 times
My first’s have changed. Became bolder. And I guess my perception of Gold Medal qualifications have as well. Last Fall on the beach in a Bathing suit might be it now. At the same time. My first time out dressed was something I’ll never forget!! Hugs Pru P.s., Riding my Harley as Pru could overtake the Beach as #1
- This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Prudence.
- April 23, 2021 at 8:34 am #482677
- April 22, 2021 at 10:07 am #482351Jeannie JonesDuchessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 362Has thanked: 1028 timesBeen thanked: 1222 times
- April 22, 2021 at 9:21 am #482332Heather JamesonDuchessRegistered On: April 1, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 516Has thanked: 894 timesBeen thanked: 1886 times
My first that means the most to me was the first time I accepted myself. That day standing in front of a mirror crying and playing with my hand gun. It made me realize I’m worth it dressed however and taking my life was not the answer. After that life got a lot better.
- April 22, 2021 at 5:15 pm #482466BaronessRegistered On: December 8, 2020Topics: 35Replies: 658Has thanked: 3110 timesBeen thanked: 2439 times
- April 23, 2021 at 7:44 am #482659Heather JamesonDuchessRegistered On: April 1, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 516Has thanked: 894 timesBeen thanked: 1886 times
Hey Trisha, things are much better now, I was not in a good place back then, it was nearly 20 years ago and I remember it like it was yesterday. That day changed me, it made me realize I’m not worthless and I can help other people in our situation. I’ve been to psychiatrists, a waste of time, take these pills you’ll be fine. Finally got to a clinical psychologist and she was great, after about 6 months of talking to her she got me into therapy and I found my niche talking to the younger people who are as confused as I was but thankfully have a lot more openness and availability to information and help than back in my day. I love working with them and supporting them, I know it shouldn’t but it makes me feel good, like I’m making a difference. I’ve tried to talk about more serious issues on here but I get told it’s too graphic, subjects such as self harm and sexual assault. I’m sorry but they’re real and they happen a lot in our community, I’ve been raped a couple of times and blackmailed for sex when I was 14 and my neighbour caught me dressed, then later drugged and raped then blackmailed into prostitution for about 16 months when I was 16. Not a nice world.
- April 23, 2021 at 8:26 am #482672BaronessRegistered On: December 8, 2020Topics: 35Replies: 658Has thanked: 3110 timesBeen thanked: 2439 times
- April 24, 2021 at 8:17 am #483384Heather JamesonDuchessRegistered On: April 1, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 516Has thanked: 894 timesBeen thanked: 1886 times
Thanks Trisha, I go by the old adage what does not kill us makes us stronger. It’s been a long difficult road but I’ve learned a lot about life, now I try to use this to help others. My line is you don’t have to make all the same mistakes I did. Thanks for chatting, great topic.
- April 22, 2021 at 5:14 am #482251Sandy JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 22Replies: 479Has thanked: 973 timesBeen thanked: 2171 times
I replied the first time I told someone, but it is not really. When I told my niece she was actually the second family member I told. When I told her she said she would have my back and gave me a big hug. I was soooo happy I nearly cried.
- April 23, 2021 at 8:31 am #482674
- April 22, 2021 at 2:21 am #482209Tonya LerenLadyRegistered On: January 5, 2021Topics: 23Replies: 223Has thanked: 635 timesBeen thanked: 1094 times
My first that I get the happiest memories from currently… (i voted the inevitable first… but could have gone first time dressed as is real close…) was my first time wearing my own skirt.
The day I decided to wear it, I had gone to my normal drinking location. (A friend’s house I’ve been going to regularly due a few years) he knows I dress and has no problem with it as well as no one there.
Well this day not only did I decide to fully dress, without makeup didn’t have a chance sadly. But another friend/ friends sister and her new boyfriend happened to be out. So I had to force myself to go ahead and change into the skirt. So it was my first time wearing a skirt I own as well as letting someone new and unexpected as well as someone I didn’t know at all or how they would react. See me en femm.
It was a great day.
My real close second was the first time I had gotten my makeup fully done .. I felt so amazing… I felt beautiful and wanted that feeling to never end. I have since of the most amazing female friends who are super helpful and willing to help me in my journey. As well as many make friends who stand behind me willing to be a guardian If needed.
- April 21, 2021 at 12:30 pm #482017Angela BoothLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 106Has thanked: 116 timesBeen thanked: 495 times
Gosh how many times have each of us won!
In my eyes there are many times when the the gold medal moment arrives. From wearing the first piece of clothing , coming out and perfecting the look. It all leads to that day you go out and show yourself off to the world.
For me it was when I first went out and it seemed a so natural a thing to do.
- April 22, 2021 at 1:37 am #482189
- April 21, 2021 at 8:47 am #481944Emily LaceLadyRegistered On: February 26, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 78Has thanked: 431 timesBeen thanked: 433 times
Very interesting question. My first thought was picking the first time I tried on a feminine item as that started my entire lifetime journey. But after considering all the options, I chose being accepted by someone. When my SO and I finally had the talk, her accepting of my dressing meant the most to me. She still has limits of what she wants to participate with which I totally understand and respect, but not having to hide this part of myself any longer lifted such a burden off of me.
- April 22, 2021 at 1:41 am #482190BaronessRegistered On: December 8, 2020Topics: 35Replies: 658Has thanked: 3110 timesBeen thanked: 2439 times
- April 21, 2021 at 8:56 am #481947Jeannie JonesDuchessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 362Has thanked: 1028 timesBeen thanked: 1222 times
- April 21, 2021 at 8:41 am #481939Brittney AndrewsLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 689Has thanked: 43495 timesBeen thanked: 1422 times
I voted “first time fully dressed in front of someone”. It was September 24 2018. I was attending my second CD/TG support group meeting, but it was my first to where I fully dressed as a woman. It was my first step of not being closeted and becoming a part of a wonderful community.
- April 22, 2021 at 1:47 am #482194
- April 21, 2021 at 7:14 am #481898stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 152Replies: 2065Has thanked: 3297 timesBeen thanked: 9584 times
I am torn between two moments- they were both equally gold.
“First time in public” was a special moment. But even better was “first time in public without a safety net.”
Let me explain. I went out fully femme in public, but I always carried a small back-pack containing male clothing (T shirt, shorts, flip-flops or sneakers) in case I needed to change in an emergency.
One day I plucked up the courage to leave the bag hidden in a safe place. What a revelation it was! It was so liberating. I had felt like I was cheating…. now I was on my own with no backup plan! A real gold moment.
“First time being accepted by someone” was also a special gold moment. The first time I met someone face to face at close quarters and swapped “Good mornings” and was totally accepted as being female was a HUGE confidence booster, and set me free to walk where I wished to, and not be worried about who I would meet. This was truly a liberating moment.
Stephanie P xx
- April 22, 2021 at 1:53 am #482196BaronessRegistered On: December 8, 2020Topics: 35Replies: 658Has thanked: 3110 timesBeen thanked: 2439 times
Stephanie, you just reminded me of the first time a stranger accepted me as a woman. I was outside Tesco and he called me darling whist asking for a cigarette. I couldn’t stop smiling.
Ps I love your take on being accepted as a women rather than passing.
- April 21, 2021 at 6:47 am #481889Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 49Replies: 1158Has thanked: 5371 timesBeen thanked: 5976 times
Hi Trisha, good question and bound to get a variety of answers. I have to vote first time I told someone – and was accepted. Yeah, I know I picked two, but they can go together – at least I was lucky enough that way. To me this is the big one. Many others are wonderful milestones; I mean I cant wait to go out with others en femme and just …. live. But the Gold Medal has to go to coming out, right? To finally end the hiding and say “This Is Me!” Emotionally this trumps everything. For me, not having to hide who i am from my family and (some) friends is the biggest weight off my shoulders I could ever have imagined. Gold medal? Heck, a gold, platinum, and diamond encrusted, glorious medal it was!!
- April 21, 2021 at 6:30 am #481885Inga KrasivayaLadyRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 17Replies: 408Has thanked: 469 timesBeen thanked: 1383 times
I had to vote for “First Time In Public”, basically because it’s as far as I’ve dared to go yet. Mind; the buzz from being out and about, fully dressed, was so awesome I can’t think it could be bettered…… unless it will be my first time in daylight with people around… Hmmm… maybe I need to think on this a little more… Indecisive Inga…
- April 22, 2021 at 2:01 am #482198
- April 21, 2021 at 12:37 am #481790Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 65Replies: 1348Has thanked: 4816 timesBeen thanked: 7379 times
First time fully dressed in public…wandering among everyday people….and being totally IGNORED………
they do say ” ignorance is bliss”!!!
I will never forget that buzz….and I still love going out after all these years…..
… there’s nothing to compare….
- April 20, 2021 at 9:38 pm #481758Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 933Has thanked: 1321 timesBeen thanked: 3171 times
Trisha… taking up the dare from my psychologist to come to the meeting dressed ‘en femme’! That really unleashed Polly!
- April 22, 2021 at 2:07 am #482200BaronessRegistered On: December 8, 2020Topics: 35Replies: 658Has thanked: 3110 timesBeen thanked: 2439 times
Polly, my best friend was the first to see Trisha fully. She couldn’t believe the difference. I have I was still the most annoying person on the planet, just in a different way.
Ps thank you for being such a good inspiration. You’ve helped me no end and I’m sure you’ve done the same for others.
- April 22, 2021 at 2:48 am #482216
- April 20, 2021 at 8:50 pm #481754Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 6Replies: 439Has thanked: 243 timesBeen thanked: 1741 times
I would have to say other, but only because my “first” time had several elements that I couldn’t really pick.
I use first in quotations because I had gone once from a venue to my car (changing in a unisex bathroom), and drove 3 hours home (including stopping for food and fuel).
But I consider my first time when I had my first makeover by a woman who runs a transformation studio from her home. On that day, I heard my femme name for the first time, dressed for the first time for someone, had my first makeover, was taught how to do makeup, and had pictures taken, both indoors and in her back yard. Then we went out into the street, went to a diner, and had a dinner there. I interacted with the waitress, and when we were leaving the cashier/manager asked us “ladies” how everything was. Although I tried to feminize my voice, I’m sure that she knew, but treated me no differently. (I later came to realize that this is another definition of passing; you don’t have to fool the other person, you just have to be accepted.)
With the aforementioned caveat of “first”, this one adventure fits: First time fully dressed, First time fully dressed in public, First time dressed in front of someone, First time you told someone (well, sort of; it was obvious and didn’t need to be said), First time accepted by someone (the woman doing the makeover, the waitress, the cashier/manager), First professional makeover, first time called a lady, and First time I passed. How can I choose only one?
Why then do I choose other? Don’t be hard on yourself, Trisha, this isn’t one I’d expect in the list. It was the first time I had a bridal makeover and photo shoot with the same woman. (She ran many parties from her home, and we became friends over the years even though there was the occasional business relationship.) Despite it being close to 100 degrees, and extremely high humidity, it was a very special day for me. I really felt like a princess or a bride, having to have my gown arranged around me for photos or carried when we went outside to keep it from dragging on the grass. I felt an incredible joy that surpassed my first makeover and trip to the diner. People have said I was glowing, and looking back, I agree. Thinking back still makes me smile.
I have a few photos of that day in my private photo gallery at …/members/alison-anderson/mediapress/bride/ .
- April 20, 2021 at 4:00 pm #481657Eva KellyDuchessRegistered On: March 1, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 257Has thanked: 2830 timesBeen thanked: 1227 times
I remember the first time that I dressed in front of my fiance, girlfriend at the time. She was very excited and accepting.
- April 20, 2021 at 3:51 pm #481654Paula1LadyRegistered On: October 22, 2015Topics: 9Replies: 571Has thanked: 670 timesBeen thanked: 1358 times
This happened to me this morning, I was late to open the office, there was a man waiting at the door when I had pulled up in my car, I have my cell number on the door if anyone needs to contact me. as he could not access the door he rang the number, not knowing who I was when speaking to me he said, Its ok a lady has just pulled up, that is the first time that someone has called me a lady with no makeup on and dressed in all black drab
- April 20, 2021 at 3:43 pm #481651Jennifer SwansonDuchessRegistered On: April 20, 2019Topics: 51Replies: 175Has thanked: 4202 timesBeen thanked: 1249 times
First time professional makeover. I went to Ulta and the girls couldn’t have been sweeter. Everyone came over to look and they were all so complimentary. They made me feel like one of the girls. It was great.
- April 20, 2021 at 3:59 pm #481656LeonaraAmbassadorRegistered On: October 13, 2015Topics: 4Replies: 433Has thanked: 1244 timesBeen thanked: 968 times
- April 22, 2021 at 2:17 am #482205BaronessRegistered On: December 8, 2020Topics: 35Replies: 658Has thanked: 3110 timesBeen thanked: 2439 times
Hi Jennifer and leonara, there is a place near me that I’m seriously considering going to that does something similar. It’s something I’ve never done but it sounds amazing.
- April 21, 2021 at 4:58 pm #482096
- April 20, 2021 at 2:37 pm #481636Gabriela RomaniManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: January 11, 2021Topics: 84Replies: 165Has thanked: 125 timesBeen thanked: 786 times
First time being accepted, no contest.
Yes, I too was obsessed with the idea of passing, and I guess I was rather good at it… after all, I had spent many years going out and nobody ever called me “sir” or treated me in any bad way. Which is what most consider “passing”. But is it really?
So, I might have thought myself to be passing when shopping while presenting as a woman… or was it maybe that the sales associate had training to treat every customer well, and user the pronouns according to how they are presenting, even though internally she was certain about my true gender?
Or maybe while walking down the street and not noticing any “looks”, which may have been given as soon as I had got past some of the other people walking in the opposite direction?
Passing is mostly an illusion, imho. Oh yes, and “passing” with no interaction, or just in photographs, well, closer to wishful thinking.
However… when the person with whom you are interacting knows, either because it may be easy for them to tell, or because you told them, and they treat you the same way they would treat other females (assuming that is how you are presenting)… That is golden!!
(Ok, sending this now, end of rant)
- April 22, 2021 at 2:25 am #482210
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.