Tagged: 

Viewing 22 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I feel I might be going crazy but how is this virus affecting you?

Anonymous

Well I may be working from home. Which doesn’t bother me at all at least I’ll be able to be Keelee all day. No worries about starving, I can always butcher a hog if I have to.

all work for me has been cancelled or postponed with no info when work will be aloud to continue due to govt rules stating any event of 250 or more people to be shut down…i work in the entertainment industry so this has hit me hard…no incoming revenue coming in for the foreseeable future…

For me, worrisome indeed. Louisiana is now 8th in the nation for the number of cases, most of those in New Orleans, my hometown. I’m 73, so I’m in the high-risk group, and don’t expect to escape infection. But I’ll report in to CrossDresserHeaven until I’m too sick to do so.

Stay well, ladies of CDH!!

K Swim
      Lady

Not affecting me at all, but it is making it more difficult to buy basic necessities because of others who are “panic buying” more things than they will probably actually ever use.

I work for a local school dist., and I just got 3 weeks off with pay because all of the schools in the nearby 3 counties closed schools until April.

I had a hair appt. today at Ulta, but it got cancelled due to the virus. So I went to a local salon. Got right in. Got my hair done and made another appt for Wednesday to get it colored. Not enough time today. They gave me a tour and made me feel welcome.

I think I found a new favorite place.

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

Keep the faith, Jenny.  The American and British peoples have arisen to the task many times in past years.

For me, the grocery store, the pharmacy, and doctor visits are the only places I will be visiting for many weeks to come.

Who would have ever guessed that toilet paper would become such a valuable commodity?

Hugs,

Peggy Sue

I am actually getting an increase in hours while this lasts.  I am hospital security and they gave us the word today that we will have overlapping shifts now, just don’t have the schedules yet.

I have gone shopping in several places that are usually crowded, and weren’t today.  This has been increasing in frequency from last week.  In and out of places like Wal-Mart and CVS pharmacy.

Along as we all keep our senses in check, we will make it through

PaualaF

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I work in IT for a government agency that provides essential public services. Most office staff have been ordered to work from home. My department is scrambling to provision the things needed to make that happen. Supply chain issues exacerbate our situation. One person in another department was exposed to the virus. Everyone at work is stressed.

Then there’s the senseless hoarding of food, cleaning supplies, and paper products. I’ve seen some ugly moments while shopping. I’ve seen the doomsday preppers lined up at the local gun shop. I know the harsh restrictions will hurt many local businesses. My girlfriend owns one of them. She is worried. I wish I could do more to help.

All these things weigh on me.

Every cloud has a silver lining. I’ve seen some incredible acts of kindness. A local surfer took it on himself to start a TP bank for those that can’t find any. Seriously.  The staff at my work donated excess vacation and sick time to help the less fortunate. Good people everywhere are banding together to beat this virus. Communities will rebuild. Science will find a treatment and then a cure. I am sure of it.

We will get thru this.

Namaste,
      Emily

Hi Jenny,

What I have found, and this has been true since my crossdressing started last Spring, is how much peace and comfort I find even being partially dressed.

I’m writing to you wearing a bra (no forms though), stockings, and panties. What a nice feeling it gives me.

We will get through this.

Jessica

I do automated remote IT support, so I have quite easily moved my office home for the duration. I did a small shopping trip for the few essentials I was low on. I always buy in bulk, so I have enough of everything in store for a couple months without shopping (I got my regular three months supply of toilet paper several weeks ago, before the crisis) .

The plus is that I get to Anne all day (while my wife is at work anyway).

We were told yesterday to begin working from home (which in the past was where I always worked). It was wonderful to do my outdoor stretches and then work out in my own basement gym in spandex capris and a sports bra!

But, just a thought to share with all my girlfriends…while COVID-19 may prove NOT be as devastating as portrayed by so many of the “panic-mongers”… it IS serious, and we should all take common sense precautions.

Stay safe and stay healthy, beautiful ladies!

Hugs,

Shawna

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Reposted from “CDH elsewhere”

Hello ladies,

Down here in Melbourne “OZ” my beloved and I have decided to self isolate for however long it takes. We too fit into the “mature group most at risk”

Thus, this brings me to ask those of us who have “non cooperative SO’s with our crossdressing”, how are you all filling in your day?.

Yes we still do our daily walks most days and yes I do underdress 24/7 and with breast forms in at night ( we sleep in separate rooms).

But if we are home with our beloved’s during the day, how else do we occupy our time.??

I have lots of books to re read and as a broken down old amateur rock guitarist with 3 very nice guitars.. after eons of “I must get back into them” , YAY, my “3 and 4 bar chord skills” are returning…..

I’ll soon be running my I pod into my amp with Hank Marvin and The Shadows, (yes I’m that old), and running “ripping solos” along with Hank.

In my dreams….

Luckily the amp has a headphone jack, so I play back through my “cans”‘

“Keeping the peace” around here is very important.

Happy dressing

Caty

Anonymous

Well our spineless prime minister finally came out and closed the boarders on Monday, he’s only 3 weeks late, not bad for him and the provinces have closed all schools, bars, restaurants basically anything non-essential. The premier of Ontario came out yesterday and has declared a state of emergency. The unions are now talking with our big manufacturers [ cars, steel, etc] to take a shutdown of 2 weeks at least which I’ve been waiting for. Don’t really need to make cars when the car lot is closed right.and our 6 major banks came out with plans to assist small businesses and personal banking with 6 months deferrals on mortgage payments, credit cards, car loans for those with lost income. Empolyment Insurance Canada has removed all waiting periods and automatic approval is in place if you are laid of or get  sick and it will be counted as a stand alone occurrence so if you get laid off later in the year say next fall if you work construction it won’t count against that claim and you will be entitled to your full 35 weeks benefits still. More to come.

Stay healthy girls, Heather.

Save your newspapers. You may need them after reading.

Anonymous

Hey Bobbi , it’s been like that in Australia for 2 weeks now , doomsday preppers everywhere , hoarding & telling us the sky is falling 😋😋

My trips are all canceled and working at home.  However wife is also working at home so no Nancy time for the foreseeable future.  Companies are cutting back all spending.

I take care of my elderly parents and I am on the front lines of this with a high risk essential job. When I left work on my regular days off, we had enough personal protective equipment to see 4 more high risk patients and that is it. We have ordered more, but so has everyone else. Everything is backordered. The plan is to protect ourselves per CDC guidelines until we run out of gear and then just do the best we can…. Not exactly an ideal plan. If you know anyone that has extra masks, please urge them to share with local first responders. As things worsen, ourselves and our families are at an increased risk as we continue to serve our communities.

Hard times Jenny

I try not to panic buy, but the ramping up of conditions is panicking many people.

Started with 7 days self isolation. If you are symptomatic. Then ramped up to 14 days isolation. Then it turned into 14 days isolation for the entire household. Then schools close so kids are at home all day every day for the foreseeable future. So now I feel compelled to buy more than I normally would, at least to last a fortnight isolation for the whole family, normally just shop for the coming week. If everybody is doing that, which is probably prudent, grocery shelves will empty.

Many have went into panic mode just buying everything they can get their hands on. Feel this is partly due to media speculation that if a significant percentage of the working population has to self isolate for a fortnight,  the entire infrastructure which gets products on our shelves will falter, and speculation it could last for months.

Hope not, things could get ugly.

Stay safe my friends.

❤️B

P.S. Try to do something to bring a smile to your face each day to try to get through this. Painted my toenails yesterday💅💜

I never dealt with anything like this before. I am taking it very seriously. I care for my sick wife and her 92 year old mother . They have been and still are a blessing. What is going on with people is a disgrace. We will watch the best and the worst in people. I finally took the time to paint my toes. I went through closet . Made room for all those cute spring outfits i do plan on buying when they go on sale. This virus is for real. I was at hospital last night for unrelated issue. They are set up and ready. There were 4 armed gaurds. very pleasant directing you to different parts of the hospital. If you are elderly you were given the most immediate attention. I spoke with a young Dr. who was in emergency room assisting and just talking to those who might need attention. He was telling me this virus can be deadly to those who are the most vunerable. Please take care and wash your hands and away from your pretty faces. Do not be afraid to tell those who we love and enjoy to do the same.  Luv Stephanie

gGood for you, Stephanie 😉 take care of yourself so that you arethere for your wife and her mother.  Use ‘social distancing’ as much as possible to avoid this nasty virus.  Don’t panic , it’s not the apocalypse but it can be very serious especially to the elderly or chronically ill.  i hope you all make it through okay

I hear ya, Stephanie.  I’ve been doing caregiver duty for my 96 y/o mother two or three times a week now, due to private caregivers quitting on us. I come home so exhausted and so worried, the enthusiasm I used to have for crossdressing has somehow been diminished. I’m 73, so I’m also in the high risk category both for infection and death.

I’ll continue checking in to CDH as often as I can, but my dressing has surely taken a downturn.

I hope all my CDH sisters can get thru this and return someday to the happy CDing sorority we’ve always been.

Anonymous

Completely with you Bobbi , I watch the lemmings from a distance & get in as I usually would.

We have just hit plan change #1.  They have found two cases positive in Amarillo, and 3 in Lubbock, so the calls for self isolation have now begun.  They have added 20 hrs/week overtime for our security detail at the hospital and instituted a visitation policy of only 1 visitor per patient in the hospital, no one can wait in the waiting areas, and no one under 14 admitted unless being treated.  There is a zero tolerance to violators and we are supposed to have the police come for anyone breaking these policies, and only 1 entrance is now open for the public.

I guess that big, intimidating side of Paula has to show his ugly face now, unfortunately.  We were all hoping that since this is the middle of nowhere, it might pass us by, but there are ‘those’ that cannot be happy unless they go to Dallas or Houston to go shopping.

I still go out to Wal-Mart for my few things and to get a good laugh at the hoarding mob.

PaulaF

Since my wife knows about Stephanie life hasn’t changed a lot but we’re very careful due to our age group and that my wife’s weak immune system from cancer treatment. We have always bought sale items and keep a stocked freezer and pantry. I will venture out by myself  if milk, bread or other perishable food is needed. A note to the older crowd is Walmart has a early shopping hour for seniors.  It was nice not to be over ran by the inconsiderate crowds of hoarders while there was things on the shelf. Be safe, love all, and stay healthy…. Stephanie

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?