Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      ChloeC
      Duchess

I’m curious to know what various products we can use that our SO’s may not quibble about, or just ignore, or maybe even encourage.  I don’t mean make-up products as those can become a little obvious, I’m suggesting other items that you don’t normally see ‘men’ use, but when used, don’t call too much attention.

For me, number 1 with a bullet, is a pumice stone.  For years my heels were as abrasive as rough sandpaper, and I (and my SO) began noticing that I was wearing out my regular sock heels a little more often than I was used to. I was also beginning to suspect that it was doing a real number on my pantyhose and thigh hi’s.  She uses a hard sponge, but I tried it and decided that 1. I didn’t want to use her things, 2. it wasn’t nearly strong enough for me to bother with.

I finally bought a pumice stone and let me tell you, it took several months as I didn’t want to go overboard but my heels are now very reasonable, smooth, etc. I still use it in the shower but now it’s just as maintenance. Best product I’ve bought so far.

Number 2, is moisturizer. For years I used Lifeboy, or Zest, or (god forbid) Irish Spring. Now I use a soap for my face with a moisturizer included.  I don’t know if it’s doing anything, but my face is still decent looking compared to a lot of other males I see around, about my age and I’m happy with it.

Number 3 is a conditioner for my hair.  I still have a full head, it’s getting somewhat thinner and I’m noticing even thinner around my crown.  I also have something like dandruff that if I don’t keep my scalp clean it can become a problem.  And as my later hair comes in, it’s coming in waves in the most ridiculous locations.  I used t-gel, Tegrin (it’s no longer available), and Selsun Blue rotating them for years. I’ve switched to Max Strength Selsun Blue with a conditioner, t-gel on occasion, and when I can get it, Herbal Essence dandruff and conditioner, apple scent.  It’s now working quite well.

So what do you all use?  I would hope there’s lots for us to think about and say, Ah!!! Of course.

I moisturize my face, and I regret not starting it sooner.  I thought that real burly men don’t moisturize, now i know why “real burly men” look 15 years older than they should because their face are wrinkled and look incredibly old.

I use Neutrogena facial scrub, then apply Neutrogena moisturizer with Hyaluronic acid.  After about a week or so I noticed the skin on my face starting to become more supple.  The damage has already been done on years of neglect by not moisturizing, but it helps still despite the damage (also helps with applying make up too !)

My SO is in my corner so all of the product are a go! But I do enjoy my female underarm deodorants.

-SR-

I use a facial scrub and moisturize my face.

I found elf cosmetics Hello Hydration Face Cream to be excellent and it is really great to apply before makeup.

I also use a body lotion.

Kassie
      Lady

I totally agree with the skincare and haircare products and I’ve been recently trying to get a good routine with both of them, with or without makeup.

Taking good care of my nails as well. I try to grow and round them a little, but even just making sure that they kinda match each other and are clean feels and looks good. The same with my toes too.

I’ve also started to neaten my eyebrows more. I might have personally started to go a bit overboard, but that was by design. There are many male eyebrow styles, and you can maintain and trim them a little and they still look masculine… just a little more softer then normal, perhaps.

My fingernails were the first thing I began focusing on. I starting using a clear nail strengthener, but my wife noticed the shine and complained. Now I take generic hair, skin, and nail vitamins. A few months ago I tried using a hyluronic acid serum on my forehead wrinkles, again my wife noticed and asked why my forehead was shiny. I told her I’d just washed my forehead with a “sea breeze” cleanser. I’m thinking about switching to the hyluronic cream as the serum isn’t making much of an improvement. The “sea breeze” cleanser is also something new I’ve been using. When dressed en fem I use Suave Dry Spray powder scent.

i use a few things – SO does  not really comment though i expect she knows.  i use kiwi lime shampoo and conditioner. i find that my hair does stay nicer with conditioner. i even use strawberries and cream shampoo sometimes which smells wonderful and very fem.  i always use secret invisible gel antiperspirant it smells a bit fem but does the job and does not get that white residue on any of my dresses when i do get the chance to dress in femme.  i shave so use a loofa in the shower to avoid an y ingrown hairs and i have to say it makes the skin soft as well by exfoliating well.  i also use moisturizers – i tend to get dry skin especially in the winter so this is necessary even if i was not trying for softer smoother skin.  There is a Ceva skin cream that reduces bumps that i find is wonderful on the arms legs and intimate areas – leaves me feeling so much softer.  I also in the fall and winter regularly use lip moisturizer (balm) i love Eos, little balls that come in sweet flavors that fill the nostrils with  sweetness as well.  i do have a pretty involved routine other than makeup which i only do when dressed.  i find it takes me a little longer to get ready but the routine makes me feel more femme.  If i were doing makeup everyday as well i think i would take ages to get ready in the mornings <giggle>

hugs,

suzette

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?