- June 7, 2022 at 11:32 am #650708Chloe Grace AnthonyParticipantRegistered On: May 30, 2022Topics: 8Replies: 88Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 192 times
I’m not gonna finish that topic title. But seriously. That’s 5x in 2 days someone has threatened to out me to my supervisor. Do people really think they’ll fire me for being CD? Do they really think my supervisor cares or doesn’t know? Also, how would they know I’m CD? At work, I present as male and use my drab name! My sup knows because he caught me buying a dress last year at Torrid and he didn’t care! I don’t tell people who I am on the phone.
Rant over. Sorry ladies, been a rough week for Chloe Grace. Typical of the build up to my birthday though.
- June 9, 2022 at 7:29 am #651106Becky DavisLadyRegistered On: February 10, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 32Has thanked: 253 timesBeen thanked: 134 times
HI Chloe I would think that their just making up shit, they can’t see you, I would think they are just trolling you and pushing your buttons and not knowing they hit one. I would say just try and let it go and ignore the A-holes. There are so many people anymore that just can’t MYOB!!! Good Luck
- June 9, 2022 at 6:53 am #651089Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 25Replies: 1298Has thanked: 8120 timesBeen thanked: 6444 times
You work for a call center from home on the phone and say these people are customers threatening to out you. I don’t understand… I must be missing something here. How would they know you were a CD unless they know you personally as a CD from somewhere? Or maybe you’re doing zoom calls in fem mode?
- June 9, 2022 at 7:21 am #651105Chloe Grace AnthonyLadyRegistered On: May 30, 2022Topics: 8Replies: 88Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 192 times
They’re grasping at straws. It’s 5 or 6 people that repeatedly call in and have apparently threatened several agents with the same thing. One of them responded to it and found out the person was saying it to try to use fear to get their money back. The one who responded was a genetic woman and, while technically an ally, doesn’t really care who does what on their own time. Those 6 customers actually have charges pending from 3 of the agents they did this to, ranging from harassment to hate crimes. Honestly I’m over it as it is as they’ve also been blocked from calling Wells Fargo.
- June 9, 2022 at 4:53 am #651076Kim DahlenbergenLadyRegistered On: November 18, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 122Has thanked: 78 timesBeen thanked: 374 times
No real potential for harm, if your supervisor already knows and doesn’t care. Maybe you should really set them back on their heels by coming to work in girl mode! BTW, were these co-workers or customers?
- June 9, 2022 at 5:04 am #651077
- June 9, 2022 at 12:30 am #651057LeaLadyRegistered On: March 23, 2016Topics: 86Replies: 343Has thanked: 544 timesBeen thanked: 1556 times
Sorry Chloe that you’re the target of this harassment.
Would you mind sharing, how is it that the people harrassing you discovered your CD side?
Was it the same person or multiple people who threatened you?
- June 9, 2022 at 4:00 am #651074
- June 7, 2022 at 6:12 pm #650806Vecca SennLadyRegistered On: February 22, 2021Topics: 9Replies: 249Has thanked: 1784 timesBeen thanked: 953 times
- June 7, 2022 at 4:42 pm #650792Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 49Replies: 1408Has thanked: 382 timesBeen thanked: 5146 times
Do people really think they’ll fire me for being CD?
That depends on where you live and whether your boss is a bigot. Some states have anti discrimination laws on the books to protect us and others do not. I don’t know about Virginia.
- June 7, 2022 at 4:06 pm #650779Brielle RossDuchessRegistered On: August 14, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 450Has thanked: 2252 timesBeen thanked: 1913 times
Chloe, if these are people you work with, at some point you need to file a harrassment complaint. I’m glad your supervisor knows and is “okay with it”, but are they aware of the harrassment? If so, and they aren’t stopping it, they aren’t okay with it really and may feel like you get what you deserve.
If these are faliy or friends, tell them to f–k off. How is what you do hurting them in any way?
Sorry, and I don’t want to stir up your emotions, but we all need to stand up to the a–holes in our lives that think they are morally superior.
- June 7, 2022 at 3:55 pm #650776Kelly TerryDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: February 26, 2018Topics: 44Replies: 452Has thanked: 609 timesBeen thanked: 2015 times
Also, how would they know I’m CD?
That is a key part to go on.
“Did see your picture online”, and what where you doing on that site?
“Did see you in a womens dress store”, what where you doing there?
And of course the “so what” part, do they hope to blackmail you or something?
- June 7, 2022 at 11:59 am #650715Lara TuckerLadyRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 856Has thanked: 18959 timesBeen thanked: 3055 times
Sorry you had to go through this! why in the world would they threaten you with that?! People can be outright wretched!
I hope it would just blow up in their faces if they tried. Most work environments have so many nondiscrimination policies that it should.
I’m also sorry to hear you too have the “Birthday Curse” 😖
1 user thanked author for this post.
- June 7, 2022 at 12:09 pm #650718LadyRegistered On: May 30, 2022Topics: 8Replies: 88Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 192 times
It’s more than just the birthday curse. My last name is the same as a big dealership nearby, which already sucks as it is, but even worse? Everywhere I go, 5 minutes later it goes from empty to full
1 user thanked author for this post.
- June 7, 2022 at 11:59 am #650714Fredrika JonesDuchessRegistered On: February 24, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 380Has thanked: 468 timesBeen thanked: 1283 times
I guess you’ve already told them where to go, especially if your supervisor already knows. I don’t know if you’ve considered making a workplace announcement in front of everyone, including your supervisor, just to “make it official.” I wish you the best.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.