- Julia Roberts
- Audrey Hepburn
- Michelle Pfeiffer
- Cameron Diaz
- Mary Tyler Moore
- Scarlett Johansson
- Marilyn Monroe
- Donna Reed
- Sophia Loren
- Angelina Jolie
- Lauren Bacall
- Lucy Liu
- May 9, 2021 at 2:29 pm #490075Jennifer SwansonParticipantRegistered On: April 20, 2019Topics: 53Replies: 196Has thanked: 4328 timesBeen thanked: 1354 times
- June 19, 2021 at 9:06 am #506507GwynethLadyRegistered On: January 21, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 72Has thanked: 843 timesBeen thanked: 255 times
Just to say again – Marilyn Monroe!
It’s really not close. No surgical enhancement. No photoshop.
- June 18, 2021 at 6:50 pm #506292Phoebe SmythLadyRegistered On: February 2, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 154Has thanked: 381 timesBeen thanked: 343 times
Anne Hathaway. Scarlet is a close second.
- May 27, 2021 at 9:41 pm #497356Genivieve BujoldLadyRegistered On: April 13, 2017Topics: 2Replies: 56Has thanked: 126 timesBeen thanked: 242 times
- May 27, 2021 at 10:17 pm #497368
- May 11, 2021 at 4:17 pm #490971Amy MyersBaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 1361Has thanked: 3931 timesBeen thanked: 3844 times
- May 11, 2021 at 12:13 pm #490874
- May 11, 2021 at 10:17 am #490853
- May 11, 2021 at 5:51 am #490737
- May 10, 2021 at 9:08 pm #490640Michelle BrownRegistered On: August 23, 2015Topics: 3Replies: 77Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 207 times
- May 10, 2021 at 7:49 pm #490612Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 13Replies: 957Has thanked: 1361 timesBeen thanked: 3309 times
Ohh, to be as beautiful as a younger Catherine Deneuve…
As elegant and classy as Joanna Lumley
As sexy as Nigella Lawson… those eyes! Those hips!
As poised as Dovima
As fashionable as Mary Quant
As formidable as both Ruth Badger-Ginsberg and Angela Merkel
Ohh, Polly… Stop!
- May 10, 2021 at 9:04 am #490385Heather JamesonDuchessRegistered On: April 1, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 551Has thanked: 976 timesBeen thanked: 2035 times
I went with Mary Tyler Moore, a true pioneer for women in entertainment, early gave the man’s world a good shaking up and also a great fashion leader. Although not of todays fashions but really ran the thin grey line in the 60’s and 70’s, imagine a woman wearing pants to the office, unheard of, loved her spirit.
- May 10, 2021 at 5:22 am #490267Beth IrishLadyRegistered On: April 16, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 42Has thanked: 47 timesBeen thanked: 161 times
Whilst all the ladies listed have their allures, for me, it still has to be Elizabeth Montgomery. Just think if all you had to do for your hearts’ desire was to wriggle your nose …….. but then, if I had emulated her, what would I need to change?💅💋❤
- May 10, 2021 at 2:45 am #490232Patty PhoseDuchessRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1655Has thanked: 1240 timesBeen thanked: 4524 times
Daisy Duke. from the first time I saw her, I wanted to wear what she wore, look like her and be her. Those legs in the short short, heels and shiny pantyhose. OMG! I want that so much. I want to do that so bad.
That body and that hair. WOW! I want that look.
I bought some shorts, a pair of platform wedges, a few bras and a couple of wigs. I would get so excited when I dressed as Daisy. Going out as her took a while and a lot of nerve and courage building. Once I did though, I had to push boundaries to enhance that thrill and excitement. It was an incredible feeling and experience.
My ultimate experience was shopping for and buying pantyhose while in my Daisy character. It was crazy and took a lot of nerve building, but the experience was incredible.
- May 10, 2021 at 12:24 am #490220Jannie MurryLadyRegistered On: October 15, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 139Has thanked: 66 timesBeen thanked: 666 times
My choice of who I would want to look like is Brie Larson the Nissan car girl. She’s so cute and sexy, plus she’s classy She’s what I try to emulate when I am dressed en femme. Now I’m not naive to think that I look like Brie, but she’s my role model and I have a severe girl crush on her.
- May 11, 2021 at 3:25 pm #490952
- May 9, 2021 at 9:25 pm #490208Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 8Replies: 484Has thanked: 302 timesBeen thanked: 1979 times
You might as well ask which athlete do I try to emulate. Without much athletic ability, the question is meaningless.
As a couple of others have replied, I don’t try to emulate anyone (except myself. and I’d say I do a pretty good job at it).
As the song goes,Whether I’m right or whether I’m wrong
Whether I find a place in this world or never belong
I gotta be me
- May 9, 2021 at 8:53 pm #490198Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 21Replies: 2217Has thanked: 4563 timesBeen thanked: 8151 times
- May 9, 2021 at 8:52 pm #490197Caty RyanBaronessRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 88Replies: 855Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 2973 times
When professionally made up and “hair” (aka wig) done properly, I think I make a reasonable Scarlett O Hara or Marie Antoinette, (Except I get to keep my head in the latter case!)
Over the years I’ve collected the right replica period gowns for the above and really enjoy living out the fantasy that was created in my mind back in my childhood, when I found a book on female period clothing and was fascinated by same.
Obviously I dont get to wear them all that often, (especially in the middle of an Australian summer!!). But when I do eg Transformal 17, (oz version of Southern Comfort/ Sparkle et al), I feel fantastic.
In addition the first time I ever put on both gowns, (tho of course some years apart), was one unforgettable experience… Nearly fainted with the joy of it all.
- May 9, 2021 at 8:11 pm #490187DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 81Replies: 1071Has thanked: 7259 timesBeen thanked: 3941 times
- May 9, 2021 at 6:29 pm #490149LeonaraAmbassadorRegistered On: October 13, 2015Topics: 4Replies: 462Has thanked: 1418 timesBeen thanked: 1084 times
I am partial to the Beauty, especially the eyes, of Elizabeth Taylor because we share the same birthday (2/27)lol. I have found reruns of Perry Mason… the elegance of Della Street (Barbara Hale) and I strive to be the lady as in Audrey Hepburn…
- May 9, 2021 at 5:20 pm #490135Gabriela RomaniManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: January 11, 2021Topics: 123Replies: 188Has thanked: 163 timesBeen thanked: 931 times
- May 9, 2021 at 4:48 pm #490125Debbie JLadyRegistered On: April 24, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 71Has thanked: 180 timesBeen thanked: 359 times
- May 9, 2021 at 4:29 pm #490119GwynethLadyRegistered On: January 21, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 72Has thanked: 843 timesBeen thanked: 255 times
A great list of wonderful ladies. Any will do. But I had to pick Marilyn. Arguably the most beautiful ever. Sex appeal oozed out of every pore. Of course it’s only my foolish pride that makes me think I could live a better life than her. I wonder what she might look like today?
- May 9, 2021 at 4:17 pm #490116JillianWLadyRegistered On: October 13, 2019Topics: 6Replies: 143Has thanked: 285 timesBeen thanked: 550 times
I can choose only one??
How can I choose between the wholesomeness of MTM and Donna Reed, the perkiness of Julia Roberts and Cameron Diaz, the voluptuousness of Marilyn Monroe and Sophia Loren, the lean, athletic bodies of Scarlett and Angelina. What a dilemma!
I chose Lauren Bacall because I think she just exudes sensuality and I love 💕 💗 ❤️ her voice.
- May 9, 2021 at 4:08 pm #490115
- May 9, 2021 at 3:44 pm #490108
- May 9, 2021 at 3:39 pm #490107T.J. ByronDuchessRegistered On: October 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 375Has thanked: 4240 timesBeen thanked: 1589 times
- May 9, 2021 at 3:36 pm #490105
- May 9, 2021 at 2:55 pm #490082Rozalyne RichardsLadyRegistered On: March 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 602Has thanked: 1044 timesBeen thanked: 2109 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.