Viewing 5 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I have found few things more confusing than women’s sizes.  With so much manufacturing shifted offshore I think there’s a huge disconnect with American sizing.  I even have growing problems with men’s sizes.  That said, there are certain brands I’ve found to be fairly reliable even if I only buy things for comfort (like these ever so comfy briefs that manage to cradle the boys just enough while keeping everything else smooth and seamfree – https://www.jockey.com/catalog/product/jockey-womens-cityscapes-lace-boyshort).

In panties it seems I’m an 8 or 9 but when I look at lingerie it seems I’m a 2X or 3X depending on the seller.  I’ve just purchased my first skirt (to pair with a black, full toe bodystocking) and am already concerned it might be too small OR too big.  Anyone have any hacks or tricks to figure out what size to buy for what article of clothing?

Henrietta

I don’t really have tips or tricks.  Best thing I did was I had a seamstress measuring tape.  Took the time to measure myself correctly.  Once you know your measurements, most online stores have a size chart.

For me being I’m slender build, so if I’m between a L or XL dress size…I’ll actually take the smaller size.  If your more thick than thin, go for the larger size.

There always trial and error, but like with GG’s, once you get a size and brand that work for you, you’ll probably stick with it.

Robyn

I’ve found, on Amazon at any rate, if the article of clothing I’m looking at doesn’t have a detailed sizing chart I don’t even bother looking further and move on.

My wife and I have both bought plenty following the manufacturers sizes and have yet to be disappointed.

Case in point, I’m normally a 9-10 in ladies pants but a recent purchase listed me as a size 6! I took a chance and lo and behold they fit perfect. Hey look! I’m a 6! Lol

Ladies sizing is all over the map!

Size 6 – I don’t think my wife’s ever been a size 6.  If she finds out there are CDs smaller than her in terms of clothing it would be very bad for me!

Lol, those ‘Asian’ sizes on some clothing items on Amazon are so far removed from North American it’s hard to believe.

I looked at some male-centric items and they’ve got me listed as like a 3x. Maybe it’s all just an ego trip when they’re coming up with sizes!

I’m pretty good at picking my size for clothes.What I have a hard time with is shoes.I find men’s shoes were a lot more consistent with the size.

Anonymous

Hi, I agree with Robyn. You need to take your own measurements and I’ve found that once you’ve got them the online size guides are usually accurate. Take some time and measure yourself and I’m sure you’ll be able to find the right size clothes. It took me ages to find my right bra size. Using my measurements (and trying to pick the right cup size for me) my bras are sooo comfortable. Good luck, Ann.

I buy a lot from Amazon, but as some of the others, I got my own measurements, and compare to the size charts, if they dont have one, I move on.
      Regine.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?