Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

A strange feeling it was.  I was out shopping yesterday with my hair done nice, a necklace, cute t- shirt and girly jeans, feeling good.  Nothing over the top, just a bit of that femme look.  Now here in Canada when buying beer at the grocer they ask you for I.D.   My picture is of course drab me, with very short hair (ugh).   She looks at me and then at the picture and says “very handsome picture”.  Okay, years ago that would have made me grin, but this was the first time I wasn’t happy to hear it!  I do not know if it was a knock on my long girly hair or a legit compliment but I realized I don’t want to be handsome anymore!  I wanna be cute, or maybe even attractive?, but not handsome!  Kinda made me a bit sad, even though I believe it was a sincere comment.  I’m afraid one day someone may refer to me as a ” handsome woman”.  😩 Lord please no, not that.  Just bury me now then, lol.

Anyone else feel not quite as happy as they used to when being complimented when in drab?  I’m kinda surprised at how much I didn’t want to hear it.🤔

Stevie

Stevie, I’m at the age (and appearance) where I’ll take ‘em where I can get ‘me.  Handsome?  My ears would hear that as, “ you look fabulous darling!”.

Handsome and handy,

Clara

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Maybe I shouldn’t complain Clara.  Beggars can’t be choosers lol.  Still, I’d rather have cute than handsome. 😁

Anonymous

I can relate to that, Clara.

Bettylou

Anonymous

Hi Stevie,

I think I’m with Clara on this one. I get compliments so infrequently that if some one told me in a pleasant enough voice “Oh, you’re a nice waste of space”, I’d probably say “thank you”.

Do you think she was maybe just giving you a good natured little tease?

Funnily enough, I was complemented within the last week by a woman half my age, who said “You’re looking good, have you lost a bit of weight?”. Well, not unless my bathroom scales have broken. But never mind, I was hooked

She went on to suggest my face looked a bit thinner and blah, blah …

Maybe all this moisturising is doing my face some good!

Marti xxx

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Hi Marti.  Yeah, I was wondering if she was just teasing me a bit.  She has seen my hair growing over the months and is friendly enough.

hi Stevie I understand, My wife says that whenever i am going shopping dressed in mostly fem clothes. Its a mood changer. The last thing I want to hear is when i am feeling a little cute is you look handsome. I  was out grocery shopping and had my hair pushed behind my ears and wore a cute baseball hat. I just did not feel like washing and drying my hair just to do a little shopping. There were a few larger items in the cart and I asked the check out woman if she could scan them in the cart rather than lift them on the belt. She came around and started to lift them to look for bar code. I asked her if I could help. She just said to me no thank you  just continue to stand there and look cute. I did not know what to say, so I just said “cute I can do” we both smiled and went about our day. Its little things that are said that seem to change a mood or a feeling. I would of taken it the same way as you did. It would of been better if she just looked at your ID and said thank you .

Luv Stephanie

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Thanks Stephanie.   It wasnt so much a mood buster as making me realize I’d like to hear those “feminine” adjectives more than the “masculine” ones now. 🙂

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Stevie, You must live in Ontario.  Here in Alberta Canada, the only people who get asked for ID when buying alcohol are people who look like they are in their twenties.  So maybe the compliment is that You look sooo young!!!!!  Or maybe, the clerk has taken a fancy to You and just asked to have a conversation starter.  Another form of a compliment.  But I agree with You, I’ll take cute over handsome any day.   Big Hugs, Krista.

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Krista, you are correct.  Good ol’ Ontario where da law is da law!  Not the wild west or anything. 😂

Dont mind being asked at all, but kind tempts me to get a card with a femme picture… hehe.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Stevie, I’m at the stage of life were I am easily confused. I had an incident about 12 years ago while at work a GG collage student told me I had nice looking legs. I didn’t know what to say, that was when my cross dressing was dormant. After a little thought I thought that she meant handsome for a guy or maybe she was jealous and she wished she could have legs like mine.
      Today I wish I had those legs back. I now have a large scar on one leg and it won’t straighten out all the way.
      Sandy

When I came out to my GG friend she said “Well, you’ve got the legs for it.” I  asked how she knew that. She said, “When we used to go biking together (I’ve moved away so we don’t bike together anymore) I would look at your legs and think they are cute, I wish I had those legs.” My response teasingly was “You were checking out my legs? What else were you checking out” “Well…..I was single at the time!”

Talk about a strange compliment! Torn between two worlds. I have good legs to be a girl but I was being checked out as a guy (apparently several times)!

🚲

Beth

Anonymous

Beth,

My college girlfriend once said to me, “you have such great shapely legs. I’m so jealous. You have legs made for shaving and high heels!”

Oh heavens WHY did I not explore THAT more! 😆

God bless,
        Steph

Anonymous

Stevie,

I know what you mean, but I guess I like compliments commensurate with what I’m projecting. In guy mode, I like guy compliments. In girl mode, I’d love compliments on my beauty.

Of course, who are we kidding? I really don’t get compliments either way! Take what you can get I’d say! 😝

God bless,
      Steph

MelanieElizabeth
      Ambassador

Funny topic you bring up Stevie. I think we all like compliments no matter what but a few months ago I was at a function and your point resonates with me. I was at a family party and was chatting with my sister and a friend of hers and she made a comment to us that had me pause. The woman turns to my sister and says your brother is adorable. She wasn’t trying to hide what she said and was obviously flirting. My sister responded saying simply “I know”. I’m married and this wasn’t going to go anywhere but I did feel weird. “Adorable” really?  Strange thing to say  I thought to a guy in drab. If only they knew, (Only my wife knows of Melanie)how much more a compliment like that would mean to Melanie than it means to my drab alter ego. Makes me think and appreciate the small things in life. A compliment is a compliment regardless what for, enjoy it whether it’s for your lawn or your makeup.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Laura those are the compliments that must put a smile on your face!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?