• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Lea.
Viewing 5 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Have any of you wished for a true bridesmaid experience? I sure have! I’ve often thought of how fun and how beautiful it would be to help a friend with her wedding…to help plan and to hang out with all of the other girls with shopping, getting our hair and nails done…the bridal brunch…and then walking down the aisle and being a part of a friend’s very special day…have any of you ever been a bridesmaid?

I’d love to hear your stories!

Hugs!

Shawna

Anonymous

What a beautiful idea and I can see the fun and happiness behind it in helping a good friend with the happiest day of her life. Possible drawback could be the dress you have to wear if selected by the bride’s mother! Gill.

Anonymous

LOL…I was thinking the same thing, Gill! I’ve seen some really bad bridesmaid dresses – but truthfully, I’d gladly wear any dress to have the chance to participate…

Hugs!

Shawna

Anonymous

Shawna, you’re absolutely right. Here in the UK it’s a tradition that the bride throws her bouquet over her shoulder on leaving the church and the bridesmaid who catches it, is the next to get married. It can lead to an unsightly scramble! Gill

Anonymous

Years ago, I was asked by a good TS friend if I would consider being on of her bride’s matrons. Sadly, it was during one of those dry-spells from dressing, and it would have required traveling to Hawaii. No way to pull that off in my situation (my wife is barely tolerant at best) So I had to decline… *sigh*

She did get married, and lived happily until about 5 years later when she passed victim of  a chronic illness… (cheers Donna!)

Gaby 💜

Anonymous

I’m sorry you missed the opportunity, Gaby…it would have been something that both you and Donna would have cherished…

Hugs!

Shawna

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Without detracting from the serious side of this post, I can assure you all I have been a bridesmaid… well in private anyway.

Many moons ago I used to go to bridal hire shops and buy “ex hire” stock, bridal gowns and bridesmaid dresses for not many $$ at all. I would then dress in them whilst away on business trips.

I stacked on too much weight and got too old, so they went in the charity bin. Now I’m just the “silently weeping for joy” Mother of the Bride!!

Happy dressing

Caty

Lea
      Lady

I have a cute, short bridesmaid dress that fits really well and I feel suits me. I wish I could wear it, but honestly, I don’t know about being a bridesmaid. The dress I have came with a story from the lady I got it from.

She was a friend of a  bride who had helped the bride pick out bridesmaid dresses.  She told me how in the search for the perfect bridesmaid dresses, her friend had bought several dresses to see how they looked, the colors, the material. After sepending a lot of $$, they found the right one, but the color was not one most women would enjoy wearing. Bridezilla pulled her “you have to wear it” card and forced her friends to wear a hideous colored dress with equally distasteful shoes. No one was happy and the amount of $$ spent was crazy.

Meanwhile, the beautiful dress I was holding was a rejection of the bride’s, yet looked so stunning for a summer wedding to me. Too bad. At least I got the dress without the bridal party drama and didn’t have to spend any where near the $$ on it.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?