• This topic has 7 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi ladies! I would like your opinion on the above mentioned items. I know a fair number of us are not spring chickens anymore and I do wonder if this affects our likes and dis-likes of clothing. I am looking for a couple of skirts and white blouses and to that end…have been searching hi and low and in the middle for something that exudes femininity, class, poise and whatnot.

What I am running into is clothing that makes people look like they have been in an explosion in a paint and rag factory. You know what I mean. Torn jeans and way oversized sweatshirts with clowns and roses and kats, well I would turn overber in my grave. Ball-caps turned sideways and sneakers…dirty and torn…ugh!

I am definitley not a Barbara Billingsley type from Beaver but really. I watch British TV Mysteries and the women mostly dress just gastley……sorry Queen Elizabeth but your new grand-daughters are much more fashionable. Frumpy went out with the Edwardian Age. And those hats.

I like a nice sublime solid color with co-ordinated tops/jewelry and accessories. I may wear a plain skirt with a bit of summery accent on my blouse….but Hawaian neon Ginza type blouses, no thank you. . Now I don’t put down anyones fashion choices……these are just my observation from my point of view. But, if your 18 and really the party animal…some of the more outrageous patterns and styles….not my cup of tea. I haven’t seen any  unusual outfits on CGH photo sites.

So ladies….please drop me a note and let me know what you think. As we age….do we become more sublime in our tastes and outlooks???

Many thanks……..Hugs

Dame Veronica

I have been looking for blouses and skirts; I found that I will not except a lot of today’s fashion. However some stores have a good selection for older ladies (40’s to 50’s) although I’m no longer in my 50’s (just north of 60’s) The clothing as slightly subdued in color.

Leonara
      Ambassador

Dame Veronica,
      I am proud to say dresses and skirts should fit the occasion…
      I like a little black dress , dark pantyhose and pumps or 3” black strappy heels. Or a pencil skirt with a silk blouse… a stroll in the mall with denim skirt and blouse with flats would be fine.. I hope these fashion suggestions help… Leonara

Hi 🙂

Seems as if floral patterns are on this season so I’d like to play around with them 🙂 also season appropriate (it being summer in europe) 🙂

Anonymous

For me I like mini dresses and the sexy office look. Im not really big on floral designs tho I can get used to it. 😁

Janine7
      Lady

I love floral print dresses for the summer months but prefer solid color blouses and skirts for autumn and winter months. I like classic styles with muted color co0mbinations.

I have always loved the fairly plain look but flowing and formal look.  I love the Leave it to beaver plain blue house dress or the simple pencil skirt.  I have never been a really fancy print though i do like at times the black dress with the big red cherries or the big roses.  But if i had a choice it would be simple black or blue or red dress.  I don’t think my style has gotten simpler  with my age but i do think we lived (I’m 57) in a simpler day so many of us like that simple stylish woman look.  Nice flowing simple dress or skirt or the glamours plain color pencil skirt with a beautiful flowing blouse.  Well just my thoughts I’m sure there is a difference of opinion out there.  But I love the old style and the simple elegance.

Sara Marie

Anonymous

Dame Veronica,

i love the simple lines of the pencil skirt or A-line skirt with a nice silk or satin blouse with hose and pumps for dinner out or with a linen or cotton blouse with sandals for the day out. Skate skirts are fun and a nice pair of lined linen pants and blouse with sandals or kitten heel pumps would be nice also. Garish colors and patterns are great for the teens and twenty somethings but not for me. I do love the 40s and 50s look and if I could, and had the figure, I would go for the pin-up look 👀. TTFN

Danielle

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?