24 Posts
4 Users
0 Thanks
Admin
Topic starter
(@cdh)
Famed Member     Seattle, Washington, United States of America
wpf-cross-image

Facebook is a wonderful tool - it allows us to stay connected to friends and those we love, we can find groups of like minded folks for fun or support, and we can waste hours farming virtual crops. Okay, so the last one doesn't necessarily fit the description of 'tool', but there's no question that Facebook has been a boon for those in the transgender community seeking comfort, support and a sense of belonging. There are thousands if not tens of thousands of transgender woman on Facebook, and hundreds of groups dedicated to exploring all aspects of the gender spectrum.

So with that I'm excited to announce that Crossdresser Heaven will now let you comment on posts Facebook style. I must admit it's been a bit of a rocky road with trying to get a comment system that is easy to use and at the same time lets you build personal connections to aid you in your journey into the feminine.

Transgender Women - Stay Safe On Facebook

For many of you who aren't out, crossdressing remains a private pursuit and friendships are sought anonymously on the Internet. Facebook by it's nature, however, is social and personal and interconnected. Without a degree of care you could inadvertently expose yourself.

I'll share a quick story, of a caring woman who posted on my wall asking for help with her husband's crossdressing. Not 15 minutes later a friend of hers responded in shock to her post 'really, he does this?!'. And just as quickly she deleted her comment - my heart breaks to think of the consequences that followed this revelation.

As wonderful as Facebook is, you need to understand what happens when you interact with it:

• Like: When you press the 'Like' button on Crossdresser Heaven (and other websites), Facebook will show a note to all your friends that you like this
  • Commenting on Crossdresser Heaven: You have two options. The default option will post a comment, and share your comment with your friends on Facebook. You can uncheck 'Post on Facebook' to just leave a comment on Crossdresser Heaven. Your comment will still include your profile picture, name and a link to your Facebook page.

That Sounds Complicated, How Can I Do This Safely?

If you're concerned about sharing your crossdressing pursuit with friends and family there is an easy step you can take to prevent this from inadvertently happening:

1. Download another web browser (I highly recommend Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox)
  2. Use this alternate browser for all your femme forays
  3. If you share an email address with a family member, get a new one for your femme side (Gmail offers free email addresses)
  4. Create a separate profile on Facebook for your feminine identity, and only ever sign in to this profile using the alternate web browser
  5. Follow Crossdresser Heaven on Facebook - okay, this won't make you more secure, but you'll get great crossdressing tips, stories and encouragement 🙂

That's it - you no longer need to fear that the errant like or comment will expose the woman inside. Of course, if you're comfortable sharing with friends and family, by all means go ahead!

Happy Facebooking!

23 Replies
(@Tvjade)

Hmmm. I set up a femme identity on facebook and the facebook people sent me a message saying they believed it was a false account and so would I verify it. Its currently locked and I can't get them to unlock it. facebook sucks!

(@Tvjade)

Vanessa,

When I wanted to use FB to connect with other crossdressers a couple of years ago, I did all of those things and one more: I created a secondary logon account on my computer.  That way there is *never* a chance of my CD activity leaking from one browser to another, because all data is stored in an entirely separate logon account that my "regular" logon can't even see.  When I want to surf crossdressing material, I log on with the secondary account and go to town.  Oh, and the one other layer of misdirection I used was when I set up the Gmail account, I first used one of those disposable anonymous accounts so when Google asked me for my current address for confirmation purposes, I was able to use the junk address.  That way there are two degrees of separation, not one, between Ralph's gmail and my real account.

This isn't to hide anything from my family, but I'll spare you my three-hour sermon on openness and trust in marriages 🙂  Rather it's to avoid any inadvertent overlap from my alternate life into forums and social networks where my other friends and relatives might see and make the connection.

Of course, all that cloak-and-dagger care is for naught if anyone ever took the time to track incoming IP addresses. And because my IP address pinpoints me geographically, it's a little unnerving on Facebook (and, in fact, most ad-supported websites) to see ads targeted to my hometown.

Now having said all THAT, I'll add that I eventually dropped my Facebook account. What I had hoped would be a way to connect with other heterosexual, non-transition, preferably married and/or Christian crossdressers (how small a demographic is that, I wonder?) instead turned up nothing but endless discussions on the fetish aspect. Not, as I always say, that there's anything wrong with that, but it's just not my cup of crinoline. I want to talk about style preferences and great finds on ebay and deeper issues of acceptance, not what color panties are you wearing today.

(@Tvjade)

Vanessa,

When I wanted to use FB to connect with other crossdressers a couple of years ago, I did all of those things and one more: I created a secondary logon account on my computer.  That way there is *never* a chance of my CD activity leaking from one browser to another, because all data is stored in an entirely separate logon account that my "regular" logon can't even see.  When I want to surf crossdressing material, I log on with the secondary account and go to town.  Oh, and the one other layer of misdirection I used was when I set up the Gmail account, I first used one of those disposable anonymous accounts so when Google asked me for my current address for confirmation purposes, I was able to use the junk address.  That way there are two degrees of separation, not one, between Ralph's gmail and my real account.

This isn't to hide anything from my family, but I'll spare you my three-hour sermon on openness and trust in marriages 🙂  Rather it's to avoid any inadvertent overlap from my alternate life into forums and social networks where my other friends and relatives might see and make the connection.

Of course, all that cloak-and-dagger care is for naught if anyone ever took the time to track incoming IP addresses. And because my IP address pinpoints me geographically, it's a little unnerving on Facebook (and, in fact, most ad-supported websites) to see ads targeted to my hometown.

Now having said all THAT, I'll add that I eventually dropped my Facebook account. What I had hoped would be a way to connect with other heterosexual, non-transition, preferably married and/or Christian crossdressers (how small a demographic is that, I wonder?) instead turned up nothing but endless discussions on the fetish aspect. Not, as I always say, that there's anything wrong with that, but it's just not my cup of crinoline. I want to talk about style preferences and great finds on ebay and deeper issues of acceptance, not what color panties are you wearing today.

4 Replies
(@Tvjade)

Good job on taking a robust set of precautions dear! It's best that you're
in control of who and how finds out about this part of your life.

Hugs,
Vanessa

(@Tvjade)

Good job on taking a robust set of precautions dear! It's best that you're
in control of who and how finds out about this part of your life.

Hugs,
Vanessa

Duchess
(@kip)

Trusted Member     New York, United States of America

What I had hoped would be a way to connect with other heterosexual, non-transition, preferably married and/or Christian crossdressers… this is exactly what I seek as well. Not that I don’t mind learning new things but I prefer the heart felt emotional things that tug my tender heart.

Duchess
(@kip)

Trusted Member     New York, United States of America

What I had hoped would be a way to connect with other heterosexual, non-transition, preferably married and/or Christian crossdressers… this is exactly what I seek as well. Not that I don’t mind learning new things but I prefer the heart felt emotional things that tug my tender heart.

(@Tvjade)

best way to keep facebook and others out of your life is just to have nothing to do with a web site that snoopes into your hard drive.

(@Tvjade)

best way to keep facebook and others out of your life is just to have nothing to do with a web site that snoopes into your hard drive.

(@Tvjade)

Thanks for these suggestions. I don't click like anymore, because I know friends will see it, and I don't want everyone knowing my secret yet. It is good to know about that other way of posting comments that are only on the site, I'll remember that.

(@Tvjade)

Thanks for these suggestions. I don't click like anymore, because I know friends will see it, and I don't want everyone knowing my secret yet. It is good to know about that other way of posting comments that are only on the site, I'll remember that.

(@Tvjade)

Couldn't agree more with what @Loni said. If you're on Facebook or use Google, there is NO privacy, only an illusion of it, pretty much no matter what you do. I refuse to even have a Facebook account or use Internet Explorer. I use all kinds of blocking and privacy add-ons for Firefox (Better Privacy, Ghostery, Self-Destructing Cookies, etc.) and opt out of Google ads, etc. Even at that, I know there is no such thing as Internet privacy, but these steps at least make it harder for a casual snoop.

(@Tvjade)

Couldn't agree more with what @Loni said. If you're on Facebook or use Google, there is NO privacy, only an illusion of it, pretty much no matter what you do. I refuse to even have a Facebook account or use Internet Explorer. I use all kinds of blocking and privacy add-ons for Firefox (Better Privacy, Ghostery, Self-Destructing Cookies, etc.) and opt out of Google ads, etc. Even at that, I know there is no such thing as Internet privacy, but these steps at least make it harder for a casual snoop.

(@Tvjade)

@Ralph Cramden - That is a pretty small demographic, but one that I'm in so there are at least two of us (except I'm no longer married after 18 happy years with the love of my life). I'd actually love to be transitional, but unfortunately was born 30 years too early and probably a foot too tall! So I made the best of the plumbing I had, tried to be 'normal' and to all appearances, live a 'normal' life. All I have to show for it at this point is old age, loneliness, unhappiness and regret. At least I have the peace and solitude to dress anytime I like (which is often) in my own home.

(@Tvjade)

@Ralph Cramden - That is a pretty small demographic, but one that I'm in so there are at least two of us (except I'm no longer married after 18 happy years with the love of my life). I'd actually love to be transitional, but unfortunately was born 30 years too early and probably a foot too tall! So I made the best of the plumbing I had, tried to be 'normal' and to all appearances, live a 'normal' life. All I have to show for it at this point is old age, loneliness, unhappiness and regret. At least I have the peace and solitude to dress anytime I like (which is often) in my own home.

(@Tvjade)

My genes make it unlikely that I will ever be able to walk in public as a passable woman, but going back to a young age I remember liking the feel of wearing pantyhose, or random female acquaintance panties, and even dating a few girls that liked to dress me up in their clothes while I protested so they wouldn't know how much I liked it.

I've just started crossdressing, I don't have anything more than a few pieces of lingerie right now. I'm hoping that as I meet people in similar situations that I'll be more comfortable in my own skin, and maybe one day 'come out' publicly.

I've chatted with a few local crossdressers and maybe after a lot more discussion I'd be willing to meet them in person, but that adds a whole new aspect to the situation. Am I gay? I experimented years ago, but I still have a mighty powerful attraction to women. Does that make me bi, even if it's been years, or would I be bi-curious? And even when I do find myself attracted to a male, it's almost always a effeminate man that acts more ladylike than most women. And probably more important, why do those labels need to be used? Sure would be nice if our society were a little more.... mature. Why can't I be attracted to who I am attracted to, wearing whatever clothes make me feel natural, in whatever setting I desire without having to worry about how others are going to react?

Thanks for putting this blog up, and thanks for all the tips in this post about keeping my alter identity secret. I doubt I'd have difficulties with others if my desires became known, as I've got a supportive, loving circle of family and friends, but I think there's a big wall of shame, embarassment, and self doubt that I need to overcome before I can even consider making my true self known.

(@Tvjade)

My genes make it unlikely that I will ever be able to walk in public as a passable woman, but going back to a young age I remember liking the feel of wearing pantyhose, or random female acquaintance panties, and even dating a few girls that liked to dress me up in their clothes while I protested so they wouldn't know how much I liked it.

I've just started crossdressing, I don't have anything more than a few pieces of lingerie right now. I'm hoping that as I meet people in similar situations that I'll be more comfortable in my own skin, and maybe one day 'come out' publicly.

I've chatted with a few local crossdressers and maybe after a lot more discussion I'd be willing to meet them in person, but that adds a whole new aspect to the situation. Am I gay? I experimented years ago, but I still have a mighty powerful attraction to women. Does that make me bi, even if it's been years, or would I be bi-curious? And even when I do find myself attracted to a male, it's almost always a effeminate man that acts more ladylike than most women. And probably more important, why do those labels need to be used? Sure would be nice if our society were a little more.... mature. Why can't I be attracted to who I am attracted to, wearing whatever clothes make me feel natural, in whatever setting I desire without having to worry about how others are going to react?

Thanks for putting this blog up, and thanks for all the tips in this post about keeping my alter identity secret. I doubt I'd have difficulties with others if my desires became known, as I've got a supportive, loving circle of family and friends, but I think there's a big wall of shame, embarassment, and self doubt that I need to overcome before I can even consider making my true self known.

Ambassador
(@beach-girl)
Honorable Member     United States of America

Thanks, Vanessa! I'm not very sophisticated when it comes to internet intricacies, but I have a separate email account, for myself, on the same browser as his email. And I have a separate FB page. I've had them for several years & have never had an issue that caused me to be outed. Have I done enough to safeguard my secret identity?

Page 1 / 2
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?