Girl Maths

21 Posts
9 Users
53 Thanks
Baroness Annual
Topic starter
(@fembecky)
Reputable Member     Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

Over the weekend I received an email from the small but lovely nail and waxing salon that my wife and I use. It was basically about their impending price rise, but it contained the following paragraph:

“We will also be reinstating the option to pay in advance in full when you make the appointment. We know a lot of you like this option to manage your finances (girl math; if you pay before your appointment then it’s technically free 🤔 )”

FREE WAXING 😀 😀 - I now totally endorse girl maths and am keen to discover any other ways I could benefit from such algirlithms. Any suggestions gratefully received 😉

20 Replies
11 Replies
Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

Illustrious Member     Norfolk, United Kingdom

@fembecky 

My ex used to come home from an afternoon's shopping saying 'I saved £200 today'. The problem was that she'd had to spend £300 in order to do that.

Ellie x

Baroness Annual
(@fembecky)

@ellyd22 Mmmmmm ... yes I know someone like that; I might take a leaf out of her book 🤗

Lady
(@sashabennett)

Reputable Member     Wick, Caithness, United Kingdom

@ellyd22 Yeah, I once realised that I had spent £20 on extra ingredients for a meal in order to use up about 15 pence worth of lettuce 😊

Managing Ambassador
(@emilyalt)

Famed Member     North County San Diego, California, United States of America

@fembecky 

Ahh yes!  I now pay for my brow treatment in packages.  Buy six and 'save'!

/EA

Managing Ambassador
(@emilyalt)

@fembecky 

By algirlithmic extrapolation, any girly thing that makes you happy should theoretically extend your life (happy girls live longer) and thereby provide tangible benefits that justify their expense.  However, the finite limit of girl math is quickly reached when the inverse relationship between purchasing and solvency is maximized, until such time that additional variables are inserted into the equation, and thereby extending the finite limit to infinity.  Of course, this may introduce a new limit to girl math - incarceration!

As you can see, girl math is best deployed in a closed system where adequate dampening can be applied to the inevitable feedback loops.

/EA

Baroness Annual
(@fembecky)

@emilyalt @ellyd22 @ab123 @finallyfiona

Emily, not sure the following breaks the feedback loop, but in the girl math universe it might provide a route to infinite free income 😏 .

My wife buys dresses and shoes; LOTS of them. She is, after all, a girl so it's perfectly natural isn't it. Pays for them (from our joint account 🤔 ) so that is now a sunk cost and is discounted in our asset balance. But, inevitably, the fickle female mind decides not everything suits her after all, so I am tasked with handling the 'return for a refund' process when we next go into the shop. Herein lies the fun bit ... the refund is in effect free income 😀 .

Of all the alternative universes we might inhabit, I am sure the girl one (couple with girl math) must be the most rewarding one in EVERY sense.

Lady
(@harriette)

Famed Member     Toronto, Ontario, Canada

@fembecky 😁 Made me laugh out loud.

Baroness Annual
(@finallyfiona)

Noble Member     Bedfordshire, United Kingdom

@fembecky Yep, I'm in total accord with that!  Any PayPal balance I get through returns on eBay etc. is automatically available for purchase of girlie items, even if the original purchase was car parts 😇

Managing Ambassador
(@emilyalt)

@fembecky 

Yours is definitely a closed system that should moderate the worst fluctuations.  Lucky girl!

I will be the first to agree about living in a 'girl' universe.  Definitely the most rewarding.  Body and mind on the same page.  Priceless!

/EA

Baroness Annual
(@fembecky)

@emilyalt Minor variation on a theme: Yesterday my wife bought a couple of dresses. Today I got an email from the store to say there will be 15% off all new dresses for the next few days. I had a word with the store and they have agreed that tomorrow I can take the dresses back for a refund and they will immediately resell them to me 15% cheaper 👍  .

So the girl math tells me that I will be getting money for nothing tomorrow 😀 😀 😀 .

Managing Ambassador
(@emilyalt)

@fembecky It appears you've found a way to milk the system Rebecca!

Hostess
(@ab123)
Famed Member     Surrey, United Kingdom

Girl maths, it's girl logic and I love it. My sister was a great exponent of it and I know many girls who do this.

If you see something in a sale, a bargain, an offer or anything that sells for a lot cheaper than retail then it is bought. If there is more than one item then why not, you could have a whole basket full. The rationale is not about the amount spent or even if the tags are ever removed, it's about how much you have saved not whether you can afford it. Yes I have spent a small fortune but look how much I have saved, and that is what is clung too as reasoning and logic.

This is why my wardrobes are so full.

1 Reply
Baroness Annual
(@fembecky)

@ab123 Wardrobes - how many ??? 😊

Hostess
(@ab123)

1 huge double, two small and overflow in boxes in the loft. Then drawers , underbed drawers, quite normal for a girl...

4 Replies
Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

Illustrious Member     Norfolk, United Kingdom

@ab123

I just have the two wardrobes, the two huge chests of drawers and the underbed storage ... so now I feel I need to expand 🙂

Managing Ambassador
(@emilyalt)

@ellyd22  @ab123 

I did a poll some time ago on closet and storage space, and came to the conclusion that we ALL suffer from retail psychosis.

/EA

Hostess
(@ab123)

@ellyd22 Well if you expand You'll have to buy loads more clothes...or didn't I understand what you meant...

Baroness Annual
(@fembecky)

@ab123 quite normal for a girl...

well yes ... but there are now two girls in this house competing for space, not to mention a bit of residual male wardrobe space that is actually getting quite worried about being squeezed out. Mind you, there is talk about building the "wardrobe wing" 🤔 

(@oliviac)
Reputable Member     Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

When buying girl clothes or anything for my hobbies I have to admit I use girl maths all the time. The only trouble is my wife doesn't use it and focusses on what I've spent. It should be the other way around.   

Duchess
(@alison-anderson)
Noble Member     Middlesex county, New Jersey, United States of America

I've often heard ads like "Save 50%!" Of course, if I don't buy it, I saved 100%!

But I do pay in adance for my waxing. They have a package a couple of times a year to buy 9, get 3 free. So if I pay for 9 of each "service" (full legs, full arms, stomach, chest, and full back), I have over a year's worth of services (I am at the point I go every 5 weeks in the warmer months and 6 weeks in the colder months) saving 25%. Yes I have to pay for it up front (or I can pay in 4 monthly installments) but then I've paid for the service for the year; I just leave a tip each time I go. It's not "free" but still a bargain if I am going to use the service anyway.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?