Leather clothing

45 Posts
21 Users
105 Thanks
Duchess
Topic starter
(@jennifermillsu4)
Eminent Member     Greenville, South Carolina, United States of America
  1. I’ve noticed that many crossdressers wear leather skirts/dresses/slacks/etc. Since I never owned any leather clothing I’m curious to know why it is favored. How is it different from other clothes?
44 Replies
4 Replies
(@cdashley)

Noble Member     Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

@jennifermillsu4 I myself have a pair of leather pants, leggings and a mini skirt. I do enjoy wearing them at times.

(@heels234)

Honorable Member     Mesa, Arizona, United States of America

@jennifermillsu4 I have two pair of imatation leather pants and a leather midi skirt that look and feel wonderful on me.At my age{Michelle says mid 50 s}I will never be a glamourous beauty,but when I am wearing the pants or the skirt with heels or boots,a feeling of peace and contentment comes over me and for awhile ,all is right with the world.They can be dressed up or down,depending on the rest of the outfit and your accessories.Its not a fetish for me,it just feels right.Jennifer,I am sorry if my answer is confusing to you,but thats the best way for me to explain it to you.

Managing Ambassador
(@emilyalt)

Famed Member     North County San Diego, California, United States of America

@jennifermillsu4 

Leather clothing feels like an 'extension' of who I am.  I'm a rock chick at heart.  Leather conveys the ethos of a culture I fell in love with as a teen.  It's badass and rebellious and has an 'edge' no other fabric can replicate.  I don't wear leather because of the way it feels.  I wear it for the way it makes me feel.

Leather looks great, provides decent protection from the elements (and pavement if you ride), and lasts forever if properly cared for.  Like an LBD, leather is timeless.

I often wear a full-grain Italian leather Michael Kors moto jacket.  It appears in some of my photos.  Had it for years.  I also have a couple of vegan leather skirts and leggings, which get less use.

I know real leather isn't PC.  I still favor it for its unique qualities and durability.  If you're okay with the optics, good quality leather is worth the investment.

/EA

(@jacquelinelarkspur)

Famed Member     Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom

@jennifermillsu4 

I've never owned a leather skirt. If they're that popular, perhaps I'll look for one to wear on my next big outing. Whenever that will be...!

(@elaines)
Reputable Member     Merseyside, United Kingdom

I like a leather skirt for how it looks and feels, the smooth straight and hugging lines it shows especially in a pencil skirt.  Be it a short or midi a simple plain leather skirt is so nice.

Get yourself one or a PU variety wear with a pair of nice heels and a top of your choice.  I oftern have a top of softer material like a woolen jumper or a nice sparkly evening top.

Enjoy yourself.

Duchess
(@flatlander48)
Noble Member     Cathedral City, California, United States of America

I have pants, skirts, a vest and a jacket. Unfortunately here in the desert there are fewer opportunities to wear them compared to when I lived in New York State.

I think the attraction is a combination of fetish and Biker Babe, but actually it may be the same thing!

Duchess Annual
(@deedee9633)
Eminent Member     San Diego, California, United States of America

I have leather leggings and just got a short leather mini skirt. I love the tight fit and feel. The leather is sexy but also elegant at the same time. 

Lady
(@rickialan)
Trusted Member     North Carolina, United States of America

Not just the look but feel of wearing . Especially pleather  leggings, there snug yet very comfortable. Plus you can easily piece together outfits with them. 

2 Replies
Lady
(@joanarbour)

Estimable Member     Missoula, Montana, United States of America

@rickialan I never thought I’d like leggings but I also bought some black pleather leggings. LOVE THEM!

Lady
(@rickialan)

Trusted Member     North Carolina, United States of America

@joanarbour Watch out because leggings can be addictive. Im always looking online for sales.

(@lauren114)
Prominent Member     Connecticut, United States of America

I am a big fan of leather and have always included some in my wardrobe.   My particular favorites are my leather jacket, skirt and leggings.   Of course all are vegan leather!    Leather is great since you can dress it up or down.    My favorite leather outfit is a skirt with a blouse, stockings and boots.

Lady
(@kimmes)
Estimable Member     Noord-Holland, Netherlands

I would like to wear tight leather (or latex) pants someday. I think it's a beautiful combination with a slightly long soft sweater (I just love contrasts like that).

Duchess
Topic starter
(@jennifermillsu4)
Eminent Member     Greenville, South Carolina, United States of America

Thanks for all your replies. Looks like I need to check out some leather fashions, maybe a leather skirt!

J J
Lady
(@jjandme)
Noble Member     California, United States of America

It is simple, leather has a sleek sexy look about it, and who doesn't want that? Nearly everyone has a little black dress as well, for percisely the same reason.

(@justnikki)
Honorable Member     Seattle, Washington, United States of America

I have a couple faux leather skirts, and a full grain cowhide leather Schott Perfecto jacket that I love in any mode. If I could afford it, I'd have a lot more leather than I do. It's hard to explain the attraction, honestly. I've just always loved leather. I used to think it was related to my passion for motorcycling, but except for the one jacket I don't have leather riding gear. So, who knows? 

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)
Illustrious Member     Norfolk, United Kingdom

I'm actually thinking of getting a 'leather' jacket and pairing it with a black skirt and black DMs ...

I blame @emilyalt and @margprodue for putting this thought in my mind.

20 Replies
Managing Ambassador
(@emilyalt)

@ellyd22 

It's a hot look Ellie!  I'm thinking about buying another jacket that's a bit dressier.  Can't go wrong with leather.

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@emilyalt I was thinking more of an older, more distressed sort of look.

Now I've started to look, there are more styles than I thought there would be ...

Managing Ambassador
(@emilyalt)

@ellyd22 

Check consignment and thrift stores for an older jacket with a distressed look.  You want naturally distressed.  Don't buy a new jacket that looks like that.  The distressing process uses harsh chemicals that will reduce the lifespan of the jacket.  You'll save a pile of cash too if you shop 2nd hand.  A well cared for 2nd hand jacket will last a long time.

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@emilyalt 

🙂

I have a mission: I'll start looking in second hand shops.

Fingers crossed.

Managing Ambassador
(@emilyalt)

@ellyd22 

Forgot to mention.  Buy good quality real leather if you can afford it.  It's an investment for sure but it'll last a lifetime.

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@emilyalt 

I like the way real leather ages ... and also the way it smells 🙂

Baroness Annual
(@fembecky)

Reputable Member     Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

@ellyd22

My wife has a leather skirt which is one of her favourites - she loves the look and feel of it. But we have a sort of unspoken rule that if one of us has an item the other does not copy it.

A few days ago we found a wonderful bomber style leather jacket in 'our' fashion store. She tried it on but wasn't convinced it was for her. There was also one ostensibly in my size. I tried it and loved it, but it was a bit tight. The store staff were egging me on to buy it, telling me I looked really good in it (and in fact I do trust their judgement - in the past they have dissuaded me from buying items they think do not suit me) but I wasn't sure. But the thought is still lurking in the back of my mind ...

Thoughtful

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@fembecky

You haven't mentioned the price ...

Baroness Annual
(@fembecky)

@ellyd22 

I'm embarrassed to do so ... it's one of those 'once in a lifetime' purchases. Big Love Eyes  

Have a look at the Lindley leather bomber jacket on the Hobbs.com web site.

Baroness Annual
(@fembecky)

@ellyd22 

I was also drawn to the bomber jacket for sentimental reasons. In my early days I have recollections of my Dad in something similar when he was in RAF Bomber Command. He then retired and went into teaching where the students always referred to him as "Bomber XXX" (where XXX stands for his - and my - surname).

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@fembecky 

XXX is a GREAT surname 🙂

Baroness Annual
(@fembecky)

@ellyd22 

I wondered if there was some special significance to XXX, so typed it into Google ... then immediately wished I hadn't

Horror  

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@fembecky 

Yes ... that's WHY it's such a great surname 🙂

Baroness Annual
(@fembecky)

@ellyd22 Doh! Naive me 🤗

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@fembecky 

XXX clothing doesn't have the same connotations.

Duchess
(@flatlander48)

Noble Member     Cathedral City, California, United States of America

@ellyd22 All of my pieces were purchased from thrift stores online and in person. I agree with the longevity of the pieces as long as they haven’t been scraped or spilled on. Without any surface damage, they will last for a long time.

Lady
(@margprodue)

Prominent Member     Madison, Wisconsin, United States of America

@ellyd22  Oh my, this thread is alive again.  I have a couple of black leather jackets and two that I commonly wear.  One is 50 years old and one 30 years old.  People always complement me when I wear them and sometimes try to buy them (they are not for sale).  I wore both of them years ago when I rode my cycles and they are nicely accented with years of patina.  Older jackets had better, thicker leather.  I believe that used leather jackets have a soul and a memory.  With great solemnity I was once bequeathed a dead riders jacket but rarely wear that one.  The right jacket is enthused with a type of superpower gained from previous life events.  My older one is the jacket that I wore flying to and from Keystone along with skinny jeans, boots and a black body suit. It has a Fonz look. If I'm dressing grunge chic, then I'l swap out the skinny jeans for a mini or pencil skirt and heels. Get yourself a Harley wallet on a chain and you'll be ready to start your own designer line or girls gang.  Party on!  Marg

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@margprodue 

*Ellie gets out her notebook and turns to a page headed 'THINGS TO BUY'. Next to 'Leather Jacket' she adds 'infused with superpowers' in brackets. Then she reads back through Marg's post and adds 'Black pencil skirt' and 'Harley wallet' to the list. She pauses for a moment, then puts a question mark next to 'Harley wallet' as she's not quite sure what that is yet*

(@justnikki)

Honorable Member     Seattle, Washington, United States of America

@margprodue I've had people offer to buy my leather jacket, too. Thing is, they have no idea how expensive it was in the first place, so they tend to balk when I set the price at $1000 (about what it would cost to replace). After 35 years, it's finally broken in and that patina ADDS value. A gift from my mama in 1990. I'd sooner sell a kidney.

Lady
(@margprodue)

@justnikki   You are so right Nikki.  With great power comes great responsibility.  Besides, how can you possibly put a price on magic?  In the end, jackets are always passed on in our family with great reverence.  Hugs,  Marg

Duchess Annual
(@firefly)
Noble Member     Panama, Panama, Panama

I have a "hot vegan leather skater style swing skirt" I love to wear. I bought it in En Femme a few weeks ago. I didn't have leather clothes until then.

Gisela 

Duchess
(@patches)
Estimable Member     Maryland, United States of America

I don't own any leather anything. For whatever reason,  I've never liked the texture of leather.  But that's just me 🤷🏻‍♀️.  I know it's popular.  I remember Fonzies girl friend's litte sister"Leather Tescadero" on Happy Days.  😊 

4 Replies
Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@patches 

I had to look that up.

I saw the images and thought ... she looks familiar.

Then I realised that it was Suzi Quatro 🙂

Lady
(@margprodue)

@ellyd22   And she still rocks the bass...Marg

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@margprodue

It's amazing (and scary) to think that 'Can the Can' (1973) and 'Devil Gate Drive' (1974) have both now hit the 50 year mark 🙁

Lady
(@margprodue)

@ellyd22 Rock and Roll never dies, it just moves into another selected host and replicates.  Party on!  Marg

(@debbiedd)
Noble Member     los angeles, California, United States of America

I have a leather motorcycle jacket that I adore and have had for years. I think it goes with anything when out and about and have received lots of compliments from others. I wear it with a skirt or just jeans and always thought of it as sexy and sassy too.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?