The Great Escape

25 Posts
10 Users
67 Thanks
Baroness Annual
Topic starter
(@fembecky)
Reputable Member     Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

Crossdressing activities often lead to ‘interesting’ situations, many of which in retrospect can bring a smile to the face. I recounted a few such CD incidents in response to a Forum in February 2023 ( https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/forums/topic/funny-stories-both-crossdressing-and-non-crossdressing-related/). But there is one incident that still sends a shiver down my spine whenever I recall it.

It all started about 10 or 12 years ago when I decided I would like to try a corset to see if I could reduce my waist a bit. I decided I needed to find a retailer where I could try one on under guidance. The location of the retailer also needed to fit in with my business trips (I was very much ‘in the closet’ at that time).  Using the internet I researched potential sources of corsets and eventually narrowed it down to two options:

1. Camden Market in North London.

I had a business meeting coming up in Camden, so decided it would provide a great opportunity to visit the market which is a huge and diverse variety of outlets crammed into a small area but teeming with visitors. I did find the corset ‘shop / market stall’, but it soon became clear that there would be no privacy for discussing options with the lady and it was far too public a location to try a corset on!! So I chickened out.

2. The ”What Katie Did” shop, nestled under the A40 viaduct in West London.

I had an afternoon business flight out of Heathrow, so I went to the shop in the morning. Was I nervous! I hung around outside at a discrete distance until I was sure there were no other customers in the shop, then plucked up the courage to go in. The young goth lady looking after the shop looked a bit scary but turned out to be really sweet and was very helpful. After a discussion on what I was trying to achieve she suggested a particular under-bust style of corset and offered to lace me into it. Wow! I loved it. It took at least 2” off my waist and made me feel really special. I had to buy it and asked if I could keep it on under my male clothes, so I left the shop wearing it and went to a nearby shopping mall where I had an hour walking around revelling in the feel of the corset, blissfully unaware of the trauma that lay ahead.

But all good things must come to an end, so back into the car and I drove round to the off-airport car park at Heathrow and parked up in a quiet corner. All I need to do now is to whip my shirt off, slip the corset off, shirt on, grab my luggage and hop on the shuttle bus. Then the problems hit me - .how the &*^§  do I manage to get these laces undone? The corset is very tightly laced, the knots are impossibly tight and time is of the essence!

Options:

1. Find a way to cut the laces. Have I got anything in my luggage that I could use to cut them? But why destroy an exquisite expensive corset?

2. Keep it on, risk the steel boning setting off the airport security scanner alarms, get dragged off to a side room for interrogation, risk missing my flight, explain to senior management why I was not in the meeting the following day …

3. Drive back to the shop and ask the lovely goth lady to unlace me. I would definitely miss the flight and face all the associated consequences …

4. Persevere with trying to undo the laces by hand and hope I can get it done in time so that I don’t miss the flight. Also hope no one else decides to park next to me in this quiet corner of the car park. This seemed to be the only sensible option. In an effort consisting of unimaginable contortions that would have made Houdini proud, and 10 – 15 minutes of SERIOUS sucking in and holding in my stomach to try and reduce the tension on the knots, I eventually loosened and undid the knots. I was free! Fortunately nobody parked up near me so my strange contorted behaviour remained unobserved. I quickly got dressed again, ‘calmly’ waited … and waited … and waited for the next shuttle bus and fortunately managed to catch the flight in time.

I still have that corset, though sadly the lovely “What Katie Did” shop under the A40 Westway arches has gone (I think) but they still trade online. In the years since I bought it I have managed to self-lace myself into it a few times, but I never managed to get the waist reduction that I enjoyed on that first occasion. And since I retired 7 years ago I have not had the chance to try again. Maybe one day … but meanwhile I still shudder at the thought of what might have happened on that first encounter with my lovely corset.

24 Replies
4 Replies
Duchess
(@river)

Honorable Member     New Hampshire, United States of America

@fembecky I love my corsets I always get a zipper front one for that reason,  It always comes off in a flash if need be.  I was out in the back 9 of my property one night walking the trails in femme all but heels as the trail can be rocky.  and my corset was very tight but I had it on so long that day that It felt natural and I completely forget about it. well half way back from my destination I took a spill and bloodied my knee a bit , when I fell I rolled over onto my back lying there in the middle of the woods like a turtle 🐢. i realized I was unable to get up. and couldn't figure out why ??. starting to panic that I would have to call an ambulance.  Suddenly I realized I couldn't get up because of the corset I forgot I was wearing.  I couldn't bend where I would normally do and for a moment thought I had to be paralyzed.  I couldn't just sit up. I had to roll over onto my stomach to get up . Ended up I was fine, tis was but a scratch.  but in those few moments I was terrified.  Worst part of it was I tore my stockings.. Blushing Cheers RC 

Baroness Annual
(@fembecky)

@river 

I love that story *you can picture Rebecca grinning ear to ear*. 

(@bubbles63)

Eminent Member     Dyfed, United Kingdom

@river I've always fancied getting a corset so after I read your message it's great to learn a vital tip regarding the zipper in the front....may be one day ...I can dream:)

Duchess
(@river)

Honorable Member     New Hampshire, United States of America

@bubbles63 Its definitely a new experience pulling the laces and feeling your body take the shape. im heavy and it does a considerable job visually but it forces the correct posture and just feels so sexy.   I have found steel boned and daisy corsets on Amazon have been good quality and if you watch them they are often selling them off cheap when they change model or just want to clear inventory.  last leather steel boned one I got was like 18bucks.  they run large from there. but others run small definitely read reviews. It also honestly helps my back problems 🙂  I hope you get the opportunity to try one. Cheers RC

Duchess
(@jennconn)
Honorable Member     Florida, United States of America

Rebecca, that’s a great story, I’m so happy you shared it with us.  I actually use a door knob in my condo to pull the laces very tight.  After I get the tightness, I tie a double knot, so it stays tight.  Since I live in a condo, occasionally the fire alarm goes off by accident and I’ve always hoped that it never goes off when I’m fully glammed up.  I’m not sure if it was an actual fire if I’d rather burn than face all my neighbors in the only clothes that I’d have left.  But luckily for me, I purchased a corset that has a zipper in front and I can get out of it rather quickly.  

it must have been quite scary for you knowing that you had put yourself in a position so as to out yourself unintentionally.  I’m hoping that never happens to me, but you never can anticipate every option that can come your way with what we do for fun.

1 Reply
Baroness Annual
(@fembecky)

@jennconn 

Hi Jennifer,

Some things I see or hear leave an impression in my mind; weeks or even years later an event will 'trigger' their recollection. I suspect next time I hear a fire alarm I will have visions of you rushing to unzip your corset while the flames lick at your door !!

BTW - I really like your profile picture.

Rebecca xxx

Lady
(@harriette)
Famed Member     Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I love corsets, both on women and mine. I would never tighten up my wife's without her knowing how to get out of it, for whatever reason.

When I tie up my own, I use a bow in front. I will have to see if I can find a knot that I can handle at my back. There are lots of easy to tie/untie knots. The question is which one besides a bow would work in your fingers.

Edit: I just looked at a few corset web sites and saw that they were recommending square knots. I know them as reef knots. I would not recommend using a square knot at your back because they can tighten up so tightly that you would either need help to release them or to cut the lace. Even a helper might need to use a tool, such as an awl, to release the knot. Double tying a bow should be sufficient, if you really had to do that. It should depend on your lace. So, please, don't use a square knot to tie a corset, especially behind you.

J J
Lady
(@jjandme)
Noble Member     California, United States of America

The doorknob trick is the best way to tighten a corset if alone. Though not pretty, after getting the laces tight, tie them in front and not in the back so it is easier to "escape" your forest.

The best way to get waist reduction is to wear a forest frequently, and slowly tighten it more with each wearing. Wearing it too tight at first creates problems...

Here is how I know...I bought my first corset and was laced in by the lovely SA who really cinched it up tightly which gave me a nice waist. I then proceed to drive up to a ski town and went for a walk with my lovely new waist. Well, with the effort of walking, the high altitude and the construction of my diaphragm I could barely breath, and almost passed out from hypoxia. I had to stop, do some controlled breathing, and then slowly make my way home to loosen the laces.

Despite that, I do love corsets.

1 Reply
Baroness Annual
(@fembecky)

@jjandme 

So, like me, you have enjoyed the naive pleasures of 'the first corset' 😀 😀 ! And thanks for the hints about tying off at the front. Very sensible.

Perhaps I should also have added, in my initial post, that a year or so ago I also bought a waist cincher and waspie from WhatKatieDid. Both have a front line of hook and eye fasteners and, provided one gets the right size, are quite effective at taking about an inch off the waist - but of course they are not adjustable in the way a laced corset is. They are, however, much easier to escape in an emergency.

Rebecca xxx

(@debbiedd)
Noble Member     los angeles, California, United States of America

Took me a long time to learn that tying the laces in the front is the only way to get it tight enough without the help of another person. I have two and do love the snug feeling it gives not to mention the posture. Nothing makes me feel so feminine as the shapewear of a good corset

2 Replies
Baroness Annual
(@fembecky)

@debbiedd 

Thanks. You are so right about the snug feeling and the posture. I recall those amazing sensations from the occasions I was able to wear my corset. I must find a way to bring back its use without causing issues with my wife.

Rebecca xxx

J J
Lady
(@jjandme)

@fembecky 

In another thread, I commented about how nearly everything femme has also been normal for men such as dresses, heels, and makeup. Of course, wigs and stockings can be included as well. 

A while back I bought my wife and me corsets to wear on an upcoming trip. We were both wearing them at dinner when my wife mentioned one of my shirt buttons had popped open exposing my corset. I buttoned it and mentioned that I wondered if the waiter noticed. Her only reply was that in the past men often wore corsets. You could order them from the Sears catalog.

So, just tell your wife you are trying to restart an old-fashioned trend.

(@justnikki)
Honorable Member     Seattle, Washington, United States of America

I love corsets, I think I have six now (online shopping after happy hour is not advised!). Mine came with detailed instructions on breaking them in, but I realize now that they were really breaking ME in. I have a few that are suitable for waist training, but the hard part is finding the time to wear them consistently. Still, they're lovely and my favorite form of shapewear.

Duchess
(@missylinda)
Noble Member     Ft Worth, Texas, United States of America

Always wanted to wear one since a child scanning the Sears Catalog.  I made the mistake of buying an overbust corset and long  waisted to boot.  It has 17 rows of eyelets and this old lady can’t bend enough to reach half of them. I “seasoned “ the corset as directed by wearing progressively longer and tighter. My wife has to lace me in and she can’t get the hang of it to close the back evenly. But when on as tight as she can make it, it is the ultimate feeling of femininity for me.  When tied in back I’m helpless to get out. When tied in front I can wiggle free.   I believe the referral to a square knot refers to when you put the laces in.  When using a single lace you start at the top  remembering to make the center waist eyelet laces slack. When you come to the bottom, you tie the lace ends in a square  knot at the last eyelet.  Do you ladies wear a corset liner or put the corset over a camisole or slip?  

8 Replies
Lady
(@harriette)

@missylinda It doesn't matter where the square knot (over under, under over) is, it has the habit of tightening more and more as pressure is applied. (It is an excellent knot used to join two different sized ropes or to make sure things stay tied up!) This can be a real problem even if tied at the front where you can see what is happening. People used to employ chambermaids for a reason.

One of the nicknames for the reef knot is the Hercules knot. It can take Herculean strength, and patience, to undo this knot. A ribbon with a reef knot would be much worse to undo than a round lace, too. Even doing the same over-under pattern twice (over under, over under vs over under under over) is easier to undo than a reef knot, but it has a bad habit of coming undone.

A double-tied bow would be a good alternative, though.

Out of curiosity, which of you ladies lace top to bottom vs tying in the middle? I prefer the middle.

Duchess
(@missylinda)

@harriette I’m a tie in the middle with a bow knot.  The square knot I was referring to is for setting up the laces in the corset.  You end up with 2 ends at the bottom.  They are not untied when putting on or taking off the corset.  Do you use a corset liner?

Lady
(@harriette)

@missylinda Ah, of course. The square knot tying the ends together is perfect. Using one as the cinch knot would be very problematic.

At the moment, I use something absorbent, like a T-shirt, as a liner, if I wear one at all. I also have some sort of male corset that has some sort of rubbery outer layer with which I don't always use a liner.

Duchess
(@missylinda)

@harriette sorry I was not very good at describing.  I use a liner from Orchard Corset. It’s very absorbent yet breathable and save having to hand wash the corset after wearing. May all your lacings be tight.

Lady
(@harriette)

@missylinda Wearing a liner should depend on whether you want to show off your back while wearing just a good corset. If the corset is going to be covered up, then wearing a liner and using a gap protector is practical.

I don't have a good corset for myself yet, so I am not worried about wear and tear on this one. On the other hand, I had a corset custom-made for my wife. I will get there myself, eventually.

Baroness Annual
(@fembecky)

@missylinda Funny you should ask about that. A couple of days after "The Great Escape" I called the WhatKatieDid shop to tell them I loved the corset but it did chafe me a bit. They suggested wearing a camisole under the corset. I believe I did do that on the following occasions I was able to wear the corset and it did help.

Baroness Annual
(@fembecky)

@harriette 

I tie off in the middle with a bow knot. When I was in the shop they explained to me how to put the corset on. I subsequently found the following video which explained it in the same way:

The video also shows how to take the corset off. Unfortunately at the time of "The Great Escape" they did not give me the 'taking it off' lesson ... though under the circumstances I don't think it would have been a lot of help anyway!

Duchess
(@missylinda)

@fembecky LOL, often the way it ends up for me.  I often forget the 5 Ps.  Prior Planning Prevents Pisspoor Performance.   My wife once went shopping  and I forgot to have her unlace me before she left .  Luckily the grandkids didn’t come over to play. 3 hours later I was released.

Lady
(@andreauk)
Reputable Member     CAMBRIDGE, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom

Hi Rebecca, great story! I have worn lace up corsets, but I don't use them now. I do have some corset back long dresses which don't pull you in like a proper corset does but they do work well and feel great on. It can be difficult trying to get out of them in a hurry though! So I know the dilemma you must have faced in that car park! Although trying to get out of a long dress with a corset back in a car would be well nigh impossible!

J J
Lady
(@jjandme)

I prefer to the in the middle since it allows the best overall tension for the corset. I use a standard now knot tied in the front.

Attaching the laces to a doorknob or other fixed object is a great way to get a corset as right as you want it. It work when pitting it on by yourself, but works easily as well with two people. The second person can help adjust the laces as they pull through the various eyelets while the person in the corset simply steps forward to tighten the corset overall.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?