Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I know, I know, this won’t be about religion, nor will I preach. I just wanted to say that our pastor at church today preached a sermon of acceptance and inclusiveness, stating his intention to make our church intentionally inclusive of the LGBTQ community. He talked about how the original church sought out those forgotten, left out, and how he wanted us to go back to that. I talked with him after church and told him how I felt it was the most loving and welcoming sermon I’d ever heard. I also said he could count on my full support, and I’d do anything he needed to help him move that agenda forward.

I know that’s an unpopular subject to some, but I just felt so happy after service today that I wanted to share. Things get better all the time, even there.

Bridgette vS

Stephanie
      Lady

That is so awesome bridgette, wish mine was like that…someday 🥰 I love it thank you

Anonymous

Bridgette…

I think it’s wonderful that another ” safe haven” had been created…religious or not, it’s another step forward….

and to me,  it’s very acceptable “preaching”….thank you

Huggs, grace xx

Nancy
      Lady

That is great to hear, Bridgette! Sadly, lack of LGBTQ+ affirmation is a big reason that youth not only leave religion, but in some cases, bitterly resent it. So, I’m glad another church wants to be open and accepting.

I too have found a great church that is accepting and affirming, which I am quite fond of. Oddly, I’ve not come out to my church community. I have no doubt that everyone would be so welcoming, but I’m not out to the rest of the world, so, I am still guarded about keeping my true self hidden… which sounds terrible, now that I put it into words…

Birel

I understand completely. I’ve no plans to come out to the church, but I will support acceptance and affirmation. Who knows… maybe eventually.

Bridgette

Lola Caprice
        Baroness

I have not come out to my church family either.  Just a personal choice, but I take great comfort in knowing I can when the time is right for me, and that I can invite my LGBTQ friends and family and know that they will feel welcome.

💖Lola

Love is a gift, it must be acted on, and it needs to be experienced, not understood.  We can never teach love by withholding it from anyone.  A faith community should guide in these areas and then we must apply them in our lives.  So far, I’d have to say that the CDH community has displayed their love in virtually all matters.  The cynical would say it is because we’re vulnerable.  The rational would say because we understand exclusion!

FAM

Hi Bridgette ,

Thats fantastic I love god very much and its nice to be made to feel loved by god and his children.

I’m happy for you sweetie

Huggs Patty

Lola Caprice
      Baroness

I go to a very inclusive church and I absolutely love to hear/read stories like this.  Our pastor has also spoken in support on the LGBTQ+ community in her sermons.  Sadly there are a lot of churches who are accepting of this community yet that acceptance falls short of being spoken of from the pulpit.

But, baby steps…we’re getting there!  Thank you so much for sharing!

The last church we went to before this one, we were likely to hear an opposite sermon preached. There seemed to be a regularity to it being… well, we’ve all heard it somewhere.

Bridgette

Lola Caprice
          Baroness

Oh, trust me, I know.  I live in the “Bible Belt”.   They might be reading the same Bible as me but the message they’re getting is very different.

Nancy
          Lady

Bridgette, yeah, my current church is literally 180 degrees opposite of my previous church. There are some good, affirming churches out there. I’m saddened by the fact that I tolerated and supported one that is not, for many, many years…

Birel

I’m not religious myself, but these kind of stories always fill me with hope and It’s great that you are a part of it!

This is a wonderful story Bridgette; you are blessed to be a member of that church and its community. I have a different story of acceptance. I came out as a crossdresser some time ago and when I moved into new accommodation recently I decided to dress full time. My apartment is in a retirement ‘block’ and all my neighbours have accepted Hilda with generosity and friendship. One of my neighbours invited me to accompany her to church. I went with her and she introduced me to the vicar and the rest of the congregation as Hilda. Again complete acceptance and now I am a member of the PCC (parochial church council). The vicar has not preached about inclusion but his actions and those of the congregation indicate acceptance and inclusion. I feel blessed to be part of my church and neighbourhood.

Blessing to all on CDH

HildaRuth

That’s wonderful, Hilda. The actions of your congregation speak louder than words.

Bridgette

Anonymous
      Lady

The overall message from the the new testament is love each other as God loves us. Not love each other except those…

The Church is people called to love each other.

I have been very fortunate. Having taken the decision to live my life as Hilda as a single person a neighbour introduced me to her local church and I am pleased to say that Hilda has been completely accepted. So much so that now I am on the Parochial Church Council with a special responsibility for liaison with the local Church of England primary school. The vicar and the congregation embrace diversity and have shown me nothing but love, care and consideration. I consider myself blessed. I just wick that others could find similar places of worship
      HildaRuth xx

Anonymous

I don’t do the religion thing, but your pastor sounds pretty cool. Good for him! Let’s hope the congregation take it on board too.

Connie
      xxx

Thanks Bridgette for sharing this. It’s so great to hear a church being so loving and inclusive.
      Love and hugs from Stephanie

1st of all I’ve to win my wife over. After that I don’t think they’d approve of me going as Elizabeth. We’re a church in a housing estate.

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Amen sister.

Hugs, Liara

I did. What was funny was my wife heard him start and takes my hand afraid it’s going to go the other way, but at the end she was more excited about it than I was.

Bridgette

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?