• This topic has 9 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 4 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

OK Rush nerds, time to geek out again. How many of you are familiar with “Animate” off of Counterparts? The lyrics are heavily based on Jung’s concept of the anima – the feminine spirit that lives inside of men, our female “counterpart.”

In honor of Pride month, my co-conspiritor in musical shenanigans and I worked up this cover of “Animate”…enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKAH9Upbm_U

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I think that you have given this song a real contemporary feel to it as it is , what, thirty years old now?

Over here in the U.K I listen to Radio 6, which has a diverse spectrum of music and features some of the newer bands. If no one knew the history of this song it would be very much at home on this station.

I enjoyed it very much. Thank you.

Anonymous

Thanks so much! I’m glad you enjoyed it.

xxoo

Lexi

MelanieElizabeth
      Ambassador

I loved that album back in the day. Whenever I think about it I’m always drawn to nobodies hero. The lyrics remind me of how many people outside of the community have negative beliefs about others regardless of what they have done or the contributions they have made. I may be misinterpreting it but I always believed it to mean that heroes come in all varieties, even those who live alternative lifestyles. Thanks for reminding me of a cool song and a great album!

Anonymous

Counterparts is definitely an overlooked gem in the Rush catalog. I completely agree with you about Nobody’s Hero as well. Such a beautiful sentiment.  Starting with Subdivisions, Neil’s lyrics became so much more poignant and relatable. Thanks for checking it out!

You’ve just gained a new subscriber… embarrassed it took me this long tbh.  Wonderfully done, and intentional or no I like the touch of the Dean lawsuit guitar.

Honestly I’ll have to look more into Rush than I have; I’m coming to realize late in life how much my musical tastes were biased by a former friend/bandmate from high school.  And there’s surely talent to spare here, both in the source material and in the girls that transformed it.  Bravo!

Anonymous

Thanks so much, glad to have you onboard! And I was just like you in high school – had a friend who hates Rush, and I let him bias me. I didn’t get into them seriously until about 10 years ago. Now I’m a huge fan! Lots to dig into there…

Cheers!

Lexi

Barb Wire
      Lady

I have Geddy Lee’s autograph from 1978 on my A Farewell to Kinds album!

His spouse and my mom were students in college taking the same fashion course. Mr Lee also gave me 5 tickets to his concert for me and my buddies for RUSH’s Toronto concert – 9th row, centre floors!! WOW!!

Rush was ahead of their time, even just by being decent human beings!

Barb : )

Anonymous

That’s amazing! They really live up to that Canadian reputation of being really nice! 😁

I’m so happy I got to see their final tour. One if the best shows I’ve seen…

thanks!!!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?