Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Peta Mari
      Lady

I dropped into Kmart this afternoon to get a sealed container to cure our own bacon in the fridge.

The container I bought was marked down from $15 to $4. (Bargain.)

And I headed to the checkout, and browsed a clearance rack. I bought 4 tops for $11. Marked down from a collective total of $55.

1 of the tops is black and fairly gender neutral. Thats much cheaper than going to St Vincents.

That sounds great, I didn’t know there were any Kmart’s even still open..  LOL  I always got some nice things from them for a good price…….

Harriette
        Lady

Toys-R-Us is still open in Canada while not in the US. 🥳

I retired young, so I am used to finding bargains just to survive. However, I was not impressed with Walmart’s selection of clothes in Canada, let alone their prices. I rarely go in there now.

Finding bargains at end of season sales can be easy, though. There are also a few remainder clothing stores in Canada, but mainly Winners. While their products are new, I am not impressed with some of their prices since they were bought out by the owner of HomeSense.

I retired early too, so I’m always looking for bargains!!  I am always looking at Walmart and checking their clearance rack and have found some great things……

There is nothing like a bargin…

I love going to a thrift store and finding that gem item.

I think what surprised me most about this thread was to find Kmart is still around…lol

Alanna

Peta Mari
        Lady

Its a thriving buisness in Australia

Thanks Peta for the information.

I find it interesting how some businesses do well in some countries but not in others.

In Canada we saw Kmart, Woolco and others come and go. Target entered the Canadian market but for numerous reasons it left after failing to make a profit.

And our own icon brands Canadian Tire and Tim Hortons are a hit and miss in foreign markets.

But Salvation Army Thrift Store, Goodwill and others I am sure do well everywhere.

Alanna

Harriette
            Lady

Nordstrom’s is in the process of packing their bags, too. Never made money (overall) in ten years. They really misjudged our market.

oh man, i wish kmart was still around.

I think the last one we went to was in hawaii, picked up an adidas one piece swimsuit, and 2 jaclyn smith long sleeved blouses.

[quote quote=743487]I always got some nice things from them for a good price…….[/quote]

Such a good price that they went out of business. I liked shopping at K-Mart. Best, Marlene.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

A sign of a real female, the love of a bargain. If you haven’t an unworn item or two with tags in the wardrobe you have a little way to go…..

I get tons of new items by waiting for sales. Recently I purchased fourteen items from Venus. Nice pretty stuff. The average price paid was under fourteen dollars each. Dresses tops and jeans. Frequent visits to Kohls yield simular results. I usually buy new because of this. Plus I love shopping. Online or in person.

I still think the first sign of being a woman is the love of shopping for bargains. Feels like a kid at Christmas coming home afterwards with a treasure of clothing to enjoy for a while

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?