- June 8, 2023 at 11:58 pm #743460Peta MariParticipantRegistered On: September 30, 2020Topics: 37Replies: 683Has thanked: 1057 timesBeen thanked: 3489 times
I dropped into Kmart this afternoon to get a sealed container to cure our own bacon in the fridge.
The container I bought was marked down from $15 to $4. (Bargain.)
And I headed to the checkout, and browsed a clearance rack. I bought 4 tops for $11. Marked down from a collective total of $55.
1 of the tops is black and fairly gender neutral. Thats much cheaper than going to St Vincents.
- June 10, 2023 at 12:49 pm #743743Deborah SullivanLadyRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 1202Has thanked: 6018 timesBeen thanked: 5435 times
- June 9, 2023 at 6:49 pm #743625Michelle TrottRegistered On: April 7, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 687Has thanked: 2974 timesBeen thanked: 3175 times
I get tons of new items by waiting for sales. Recently I purchased fourteen items from Venus. Nice pretty stuff. The average price paid was under fourteen dollars each. Dresses tops and jeans. Frequent visits to Kohls yield simular results. I usually buy new because of this. Plus I love shopping. Online or in person.
- June 9, 2023 at 3:40 pm #743583Angela BoothBaronessRegistered On: August 1, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 1765Has thanked: 6148 timesBeen thanked: 8092 times
- June 9, 2023 at 8:31 am #743521Marlene RobertsLadyRegistered On: December 9, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 449Has thanked: 6424 timesBeen thanked: 1236 times
- June 9, 2023 at 6:58 am #743509Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 998Has thanked: 1080 timesBeen thanked: 4636 times
oh man, i wish kmart was still around.
I think the last one we went to was in hawaii, picked up an adidas one piece swimsuit, and 2 jaclyn smith long sleeved blouses.
- June 9, 2023 at 5:10 am #743492Alanna RossRegistered On: May 25, 2023Topics: 1Replies: 43Has thanked: 29 timesBeen thanked: 201 times
There is nothing like a bargin…
I love going to a thrift store and finding that gem item.
I think what surprised me most about this thread was to find Kmart is still around…lol
- June 9, 2023 at 1:15 pm #743558Peta MariLadyRegistered On: September 30, 2020Topics: 37Replies: 683Has thanked: 1057 timesBeen thanked: 3489 times
- June 10, 2023 at 6:26 am #743698Alanna RossRegistered On: May 25, 2023Topics: 1Replies: 43Has thanked: 29 timesBeen thanked: 201 times
Thanks Peta for the information.
I find it interesting how some businesses do well in some countries but not in others.
In Canada we saw Kmart, Woolco and others come and go. Target entered the Canadian market but for numerous reasons it left after failing to make a profit.
And our own icon brands Canadian Tire and Tim Hortons are a hit and miss in foreign markets.
But Salvation Army Thrift Store, Goodwill and others I am sure do well everywhere.
- June 10, 2023 at 11:18 am #743734
- June 9, 2023 at 4:57 am #743487Becky DavisLadyRegistered On: February 10, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 211Has thanked: 2984 timesBeen thanked: 878 times
- June 9, 2023 at 9:55 pm #743657HarrietteLadyRegistered On: April 22, 2023Topics: 14Replies: 762Has thanked: 2687 timesBeen thanked: 1753 times
Toys-R-Us is still open in Canada while not in the US. 🥳
I retired young, so I am used to finding bargains just to survive. However, I was not impressed with Walmart’s selection of clothes in Canada, let alone their prices. I rarely go in there now.
Finding bargains at end of season sales can be easy, though. There are also a few remainder clothing stores in Canada, but mainly Winners. While their products are new, I am not impressed with some of their prices since they were bought out by the owner of HomeSense.
- June 10, 2023 at 6:53 am #743699Becky DavisLadyRegistered On: February 10, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 211Has thanked: 2984 timesBeen thanked: 878 times
I retired early too, so I’m always looking for bargains!! I am always looking at Walmart and checking their clearance rack and have found some great things……
1 user thanked author for this post.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.