• This topic has 21 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 17 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Is having a short beard a non starter if I cd?

Well….. how many women do you see with beards? i suppose it depends on how you wish to portray yourself. Some crossdressers are just happy with the clothes aspect of it others prefer to look as feminine as humanly possible. Do what you feel most comfortable with for yourself, i will be honest that i wouldnt have a beard and crossdress, it just wouldnt compliment my look that i try so hard to achieve. That said, we are all different!! 🙂 xx

Fiona-Ann xxx

K Swim
      Lady

I maintain a clean shave, but not for the dressing. I just find facial hair annoying. Body hair only gets eliminated once every so often.

Anonymous

Not at all.

It depends on what you feel good with.

I saw 2 guys with beards and lipstick in dresses the last time I was in Brighton and just thought there were two guys having fun with fashion.

Fill your boots, as the saying goes.

Don’t let anyone else tell you how you should dress!

Love Laura

Anonymous

I know it’s an issue. This is the first I have given thoughts of shaving it. It should be more fun when it’s gone. Thx for the nice words. Folks seem real nice on this web site.

Anonymous

It’s not an issue, dear, it just depends on what you’re going for.

If it’s OK for Eurovision winners, it’s OK for anyone!

Love Laura

Anonymous

Could I go out incognito in this outfit? I also have another blouse that has pleats in front.

https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/photo/skinny-jeans-blouse/

When I dress, I try for the most feminine look I can within the boundaries I’m stuck with. I haven’t had a beard for many years, and I make sure I have no shadow before I get my girl on.

That said, if it’s mainly about clothes for you, by all means wear your beard proudly! It shouldn’t be a “non-starter.”

Anonymous

Jamie, for me it is to look as feminine as possible.  I am even having electrolysis to remove as much hair as possible, including facial hair.  However, it’s what feels right for you.  You will know that and make the right decision for you.

DeLora
      Lady

When I CD it is not to look or feel feminine, so for me a beard is not a problem.

However, If I were to start CDing in public I think it would be easier if I looked more like a lady than  man in a dress so in that case I would feel the need to be clean shaven.

funny thing is I shave everywhere else 🙂

I had a beard for over 40 years. It kept me from going out dresses (well except hiking in a “kilt” but that’s another story). I otherwise have dressed at home as often as I could. Now I can don a wig, get made up, and go out on occasion , which is a lot of fun. But at home I still generally just dress without all the other accessories and fuss.

I CD’d with a beard for a while, but never in public.  If you’re an occasional dresser like myself it might be possible to time a strategic shave to try out the babyface look and let it grow back afterward.  Should an excuse be needed (it never was for me) just say you messed up trimming and had to get a fresh start.  Lately I’ve just kept to the clean-shaven look but with winter coming that may change.  I’ve been very pleased with the look while dressed but as has been said it’s not for everybody, do what makes you feel comfortable and happy.

Jamie,

For me, I know now that it isn’t about being a woman.  It is about being me.  I am a man; I am proud to be a man.  And with the exception of wanting my own breasts, I have no desire to be a woman.  That being said, I do not hide that I am a man regardless of what I choose to wear, which is frequently more womenswear than menswear.  I sport a military short haircut and a goatee that my wife loves.  This doesn’t change whether I am wearing a shirt and tie with trousers, or a skirt and blouse which I more prefer.  I am man who prefers to wear womenswear.  So to answer your question,  my beard doesn’t stop me from being me.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Hi Jamie,

It all depends on what your goals are.  For me, it’s all about being as passable as I possibly can.  Am currently having electrolysis to completely remove facial hair.  But as my male drab self, I always grew a ratty looking beard so I was always clean shaven anyway.  But it comes down to what you are comfortable with and where are you going to take your look.  If you intend to go to trans friendly places, dressed and with the beard, I would say you will be just fine (others please chime in if I am off base on that).  But if you are planning to take that same look out to the general public, you more than likely will draw the wrong kind of attention to yourself.  While life in general for trans people is better than it was say 20, 30 years ago, there is still a long ways to go for many in society to accept.

Lea
      Lady

Similar to MacKenzie, I think of myself as just a guy who likes to wear women’s fashions. I dress and venture out occasionally crossdressed from the neck down. I do notice my mannerisms change, my perspective seems more feminine. I keep my male voice. I rarely get stares or looks, it’s like most people either don’t notice, don’t care, or just don’t want to know. My advice, keep the beard, look how you want and feel!

Anonymous

It depends on why you dress.  Are you trying to pass for a genetic woman or not?

Anonymous

I can’t pass for a woman but its fun wearing woman’s clothes.

First of all we are all free to make the choice of how we wish to present ourselves. For many years I was completely in private and only under my men’s clothes. A year ago I decided I wanted a skirt and a top. But similar to your situation I had a shaved head and a mustache. So I went out dressed as a woman but with a man’s head. Certainly an incongruous image. However the few times I went out I did not experience any negative encounters which was nice. Last month I bought some ankle boots and I was wearing them with my skirt and blouse. I went into a rest stop which was crowded. I had anxiety and more so when I saw groups young people. I know as a whole they are more accepting but in small groups they might be more immature. The other problem was I had to go to a men’s rest room dressed as a woman from the head down as I could not go to the women’s room with my male head. This really helped me to decide that I needed to shave my mustache and get a wig which I did this week. I have now gone out a few times and the feeling I have is so much better. I know that I will never pass as a woman and that is ok. But I also know most people that pass us by don’t really look that closely. With the wig and no mustache I hope to be able to walk in public without high levels of anxiety whereas I know that with a bald head and mustache I stuck out much more. Good luck with your decision.

Anonymous

just shaved my beard.  i look a little better with wig and lipstick. i wish i could get someone to do my makeup.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I have a goatee most of the time when in male mode. I don’t let that stop me from dressing when I’m staying home. But I want to look as feminine as possible when I go out in public. So I shave. No rules though. Do what feels right for you.

As a part time CD for a number of years now, I grow a beard from time to time when I know I’ll be too busy to dress. But, as a long time fan of having long hair and pierced ears, I’ll shave my face clean when I know I’ll have a few days to my self to dress at home. My friends and Co-workers think nothing of it, because I change my look/facial hair quite regularly. The earnings come and as well when I feel like it. I may never be ‘out’ as a woman, but the more I can do to feel more feminine when I dress, the more gurly I feel !!!

Anonymous

I have a goatee and I haven’t let that stop me from dressing. Yesterday I was in yoga pants a tunic length pink turtleneck sweater, pink bra and thong panties. I finished doing laundry and decided to run out to get some beer. I didn’t feel like changing so I just put on some 5” heels and off I went to the store. No wig (I’m bald) no makeup. I was sporting a goatee.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?