Viewing 42 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I’m happy to tell all my sisters here that I got the job that I have been hoping for!

If you aren’t familiar, I applied for a job last month that is perfect for me. At the first interview, I told them I was a gender fluid transgender. I knew that nobody in my city is as qualified and as experienced as me for this position. I had some slight concern that my coming out as transgender could have some unspoken negative scoring for me. But being out at my current job has been an awesome experience and I couldn’t imagine not being out right from the start at this job.

I can’t wait to start next month. I’ll be sure to do some nail art to show off my nails, sculpt my eyebrows, and have some cute earrings in for my first day. I’m positive I am the first trans girl at Parks & Recreation in my city. And I very well could be the first t-girl working on the entire city staff. Gotta show them that we’re here and proud!

Anonymous

You go gf knew would get it believe all the girls here knew would get it. Congrats once again for landing the Job. Knew the best girl for the job was you Mika.

Bigs Hugs and time for celebration for the new job.

Hugs

Donna

Thanks, Donna. The celebration has definitely begun and I am already kinda drunk LOL.

Hugs,

Mika

Anonymous

Cheers a toast to success

🍻🍹🍸🥂

Congratulations Mika on being 5he best qualified for the job.  Best line up your computer for those progress reports you’ll be writing.

Alice

Lol. Thanks, Alice. I don’t know how interesting my job will be to everyone. But I am always ready to talk about being out. I have some drag shows coming up that I want to go to. And I plan on dressing kinda skanky for one of them soon. I’m also planning to go to church full femme. I’ll definitely be filling everyone in on those.

Hugs,

Mika

Anonymous

Congrats Mika! I am happy for you!

Thanks, Eva. I hope as much for all my sisters here.

Paula
      Lady

CONGRATULATIONS! Very happy for you and applaud your strength for telling them. I wish you the very best and keep us ladies posted.

Hugs and Kisses
      Paula

Thanks, Paula. I’m sure that it will be an interesting experience. I would wager that nobody there knows any transgender person at all. It will be fun from a sociology perspective to see how people will react.

Paula
          Lady

Yes can’t wait to here about it.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

That’s great Mika. I am soooo happy for you. You can inspire all of us to be more than we think we can!!!!
      . . .Sandy

Thanks, Sandy. I really hope to just inspire everyone to just be themselves. And by the way, you inspired me to come out to one of my siblings. I told my sister. I won’t come out to my brother until after my parents have passed because I just don’t trust him to keep it from my parents. I know from past experiences that they would have difficulty with it. But I really don’t care what my brother thinks though. Thanks again.

Hugs,

Mika

Congrats, that is awesome news! So happy for you!

Angela Booth
      Hostess

You had the qualifications and the confidence – You got the job!  Super fantastic and an inspiration – well done.

Thank you, Angela. I don’t want to sound bragadocious but I was definitely confident because I knew I was the most qualified. Knowing that made me put them to the test when I came out as trans in the interview. It’s a government job and they talk about doing the right thing based on qualifications and being equal opportunity. They had to put up or shut up. Now I can wear some eyeliner and mascara, paint my nails, wear cute earrings, and just be myself.

Hugs!

Leonara
      Ambassador

I wish success in your new job… thanks for sharing
      Regards, Leonara

Thanks, Leonara. I just hope to encourage everyone to be themselves because it has been so liberating for me.

I’m so proud to call you a friend! And so very thrilled for you! You’re out there showing us all the way forward, blazing the trail for us. You’ve inspired me again.

I’m not out at work, but I did wear a pink trans pride t-shirt to work this week. I don’t know that I’ll have your courage, but I’m surely happy for you!

Keep it going, darling, your helping us all!

Bridgette

Oh, Bridgette! You are so sweet! Thank you so much. We all have our own levels of comfort in how open we are. When I first joined CDH, I never imagined coming out to friends, coworkers, or prospective employers. It just kinda happened. This has just been what has been the best for me.

Lots of hugs,

Mika

Congratulations, Mika!

Very proud of you.

Diane

Thanks, Diane! I hope everything is going well for you too. ttyl

hugs,

Mika

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I’m so glad to hear that! Congrats!

Amy

I was holding my breath all week Mika. Very happy for the best Parks and Recs gal I know.  Congratulations!

Clara

Thank you so much, Clara. That is so sweet of you to say!

Hugs,

Mika

Anonymous
      Lady

YAYYYY!!!  WAY TO GO, MIKA!!!  I am SO stoked for you!!  You are absolutely a role model and a hero!  SO happy!!!

*kisses* tara 🙂

Tara, you are so sweet! Thank you so much. ttyl

Hugs and kisses,

Mika

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

That’s fantastic news Mika!!  I’m so happy for you girl.  Congratulations! 😀

Stevie

Woohoo and congratulations Mika!!!  This is awesome news.

PaulaF

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I’ve been cheering for you to get this position Mika.  So glad you did!  Congratulations!  T-girls rock!  You go girl!

Thank you so much, Emily. You’re so sweet. 🏳️‍⚧️

Anonymous

Congrats Mika, I knew you would land the job – who else would they possibly consider??

Big hugs

Diana💋💋

Thank you, Diana. The Director did tell me that this was the first position they have had in a long time that has had so many qualified applicants. But I was confident.

Hugs,

Mika

Go get ’em studette!

Mika I am so very happy for you!!! Wonderful that your new employer sees the value that you as a person brings to their team. Best wishes in your new job!

Hugs,

Natalie

Thank you, Natalie. It does speak well of them that my being transgender didn’t seem to be a factor. Who knows? Perhaps, they even considered it a positive thing to be able to diversify themselves more.

Mika – I been in management and leadership positions for several years and my best teams have always been the most diverse!! The opportunity to present oneself as they genuinely are, enables one to be at their best!

Hugs,

Natalie

Anonymous

Mika!!!

At last….ability has risen above prejudice in this crazy world!!!

Well done honey, I hope you will wear your CDH badge at work

Huggs, grace xx

Thank you so much, Grace! That’s such a great way of putting things. I had mentioned being trans in the interview as kind of a test for them. I knew I was the most qualified and I guess they showed their true colors as well by putting any prejudice aside.

The nature of the job makes skirts and heels impractical. However, I will always try to keep my nails looking fabulous, my eyebrows manicured, and I will enjoy wearing cute earrings now that I have gotten my ears pierced. Once I get a better idea of what days I may not be doing a lot of physical labor, I might be able to add skirts. Oooooo, I don’t see any reason why I couldn’t wear cute heels at the office and have my work boots to put on as needed. Gotta show that Pride! 🏳️‍⚧️

Hugs,

Mika

Congratulations on your new job

You go girl

Congrats, Mika, that is great news, you are truly an inspiration to us all
      Hugs, Regi👸💕

Katey Doe
      Lady

Congratulations!!! I’m so happy for you. HUGS!!!

Anonymous

I’m so happy for you

All the best

Emily

Thank you, Emily!

Anonymous

Mika

I’m so pleased for you

X

Hi Mika Congratulations I am truly happy for you. Now show them what you are all about. You are right it is a big score for all of us who dare to be different. You got your heels in the door now the sky is the limit

Luv Stephanie

Thank you, Stephanie. I can’t wait to actually wear those heels to work. It’s going to be glorious!

Hugs,

Mika

Rachel M
      Lady

Congratulation Mika!  You are amazing and courageous, a huge win for all of us! 

Rachel M

Anonymous
      Lady

Mika I am so happy for you!  I know you had some time “off” between jobs and this is just icing on a wonderful cake to get the promotion you deserved and be YOU!

🍷🍷🍷C

Thank you, Carolyne. Yeah, the time off was because my previous job was seasonal. It was wonderful having that free time to be able to express my feminine self so much because I was not out at that job. In March, I was supposed to go back for the season but I chose to take my current job as a perfect reference and stepping stone to this new job. Plus, I had already come out to the owner of the company and all my coworkers knew I was trans before my first day. This brief time with them, being out and proud, has been so great and was a major reason I decided to come out when I was interviewed for the new job.

Hugs,

Mika

Alice Black
      Duchess

Congratulations Mika. Great for you. Your story actually has some relevance to me as I have used a lot of Park and Recreation services in the past. I used to play Basketball and Volleyball(now I am too old and too slow to do those things) so I would participate in Park and Recreation programs where I lived for those 2 sports. And, on occasion, I would talk to the people who would organize those programs. So, hypothetically, if I had met someone like you in the past doing that stuff, I am sure I would have reached out to them.

2 questions

1) Are you going to be working as a program coordinator – someone who schedules programs

2) Do you like to play sports? I did play a lot of sports when younger and still play tennis. I have not found many girls on this site interested in sports.

I have babbled a lot – will shut down here and await your response.

Alice Black

Thank you, Alice! I am not a programming coordinator but I will have some limited involvement in this area if events will be occurring on our trail system. I am going to be the Trail Maintenance Supervisor for Parks & Rec. They have never had such a position until now and the role is mine to define. I would prefer it to evolve into Trail “Management” Supervisor because that would more accurately describe what the position actually does. But maintaining our natural surface trails is the main focus of the job.

I played tennis, baseball, and a whole lot of golf. I stopped playing golf in 2014 when I started mountain biking. The mountain biking got me into volunteer trail building and maintenance. That (long story greatly shortened) had me trying to get the city to build a downhill bike park. After five years of planning and trying to make things happen, the city committed to invest in it. The major monetary investment by the city made them want to create this job in order to protect that investment (and our existing off-pavement cycling infrastructure). I don’t bike as much as I used to. But blazing through the woods on my bike is the only sport I really enjoy doing these days at my age.

Hugs,

Mika

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Mika , when I was the chance to work as Angela it was scary but I had built up confidence over many years and had the support. It was on the odd day in my friends business so they knew me. That led to a full time role in a shop. Alas that folded and I had to consider my next move and that meant applying for jobs. I did so and, like you, told them how it was. I even sent a photo. I got the interviews and getting jobs with only one refusal. I wasn’t upset as I knew I foundered on a couple of questions. That’s reality and not because I am who I am. My qualifications and experience was what they wanted and they could see the person as well. It shows that today we live in a better world where the best candidate is what they want.

I hope that you enjoy your new career and all that goes with it.

Thank you so much, Angela. I’m so glad you shared this. Interestingly, my current job, in which I am out and proud, is also due to a friendship. The company owner was the first person that I came out to that I specifically did not say to keep it a secret. So, three months later, when I started working there, everyone already knew. It was such a relief!

Hugs,

Mika

Anonymous

Congratulation Mika and best of luck in your new position.

Kathleen xxxxx💋❤

That’s wonderful Mika. I remember getting my first job as Danielle. It seemed like such a milestone. Expect mixed reactions as there will be some who will struggle with accepting you as you are. Being confident and choosing which battles to fight will be a balancing act. It seems that once you demonstrate you are a valuable addition to the organization, most will ignore preconceived attitudes and accept you as another co-worker. Like anything else, be ready to stand up against workplace abuse should it occur in a professional and adult manner to make it clear where will be no tolerance for it.

Thanks, Danielle. Yeah, I think some of my coworkers at my current job were a little unsure about things at first. But I proved myself and even the most conservative person would comment on how hard I worked and how beautiful my work turned out. While I am sure that there will be some people at the new job that might think oddly about all my feminine touches, it is a government job and they absolutely do not tolerate any kind of discrimination. So, that’s on my side and I’ll do my best to represent us T-girls and bust any preconceived notions. To be honest, I enjoy making narrow minded people uncomfortable. I’m just gonna be myself and if they don’t like it then that’s their problem. It’ll be fun and I’ll let everyone know when something interesting happens.

Hugs,

Mika

Becka
      Lady

That is fantastic, Mika!!!

Bravo for you, and I’m so envious!!!

Wear it proud, gurl!!!

Thank you, Rebekka. I’m gonna wear it proudly and represent! 🏳️‍⚧️

Becka
          Lady

all the best to you!

Congrats girl! Do us proud 🙂

Xoxo, Dani

Thanks, Danielle! I’m gonna do my best at both the job and representing us T-girls!

Hugs

Congratulations Mika.

That’s amazing, Mika – you go, girl!

A lot of councils (or equivalent) are required to hire diversely, so that’s your licence to represent that diversity as full on and amazingly as possible – while still being the benchmark for your role.

What an awesome opportunity – I wish you the very best of luck

Love Laura

Thank you so much, Laura. It is a government agency that is supposed to be diverse. My job before my current job was also a government agency but they were not diverse at all. This new job is a bit different though and I absolutely intend to make it obvious that I am on the transgender spectrum. Heck, I didn’t even know the term gender fluid until last fall and I truly hope people will not be afraid to ask questions so I can explain things and show them that we are here and proud.

Hugs,

Mika

Anonymous

Congratulations Mika well done best wishes to you in your new job.

Sarah xx

Anonymous

Congratulations Mika, all the best in your new job. Its so refreshing to see one of the girls succeed in a job application. Knock them dead sweetie we are all behind you 100%.lol Amanda xx

An update:  I knew my first day would not be out in the woods but at orientation with Human Resources. So, I wore my favorite high heel ankle boots. My wife expressed concern about that but I told her I had to do it for several reasons (no need for all that here). I am so glad I did too because there was a fully transitioned trans girl there too. We don’t work at the same part of local government but it was still awesome that I wasn’t the only trans person there. I’m definitely the only trans person at Parks and Recreation. One of the administration girls was very complimentary of my nails. I’m sure a lot of guys have noticed but nobody else has really said anything. Off to a good start and loving it.

Anonymous

Great Update Mika thank you for sharing. Sounded like a great day

Donna

It was great. My heels were clicking all over City Hall, Parks & Rec, and even Water Protection.

Anonymous

That great need a job in the office so can wear heels. But being a dock supervisor for a oil company still able to wear my skinny jeans and woman’s v neck top. Guys that work for me think it nice to have a woman boss and one that still can cut up with the guys.

Since my first day, work boots are the norm. My fabulous nails still get a lot of attention. Only the girls have really talked to me about them. Guys are still getting used to me I guess. They really don’t talk about such things. I could care less. When I return to the office drenched in sweat and dirtier than most of them, that says a lot. A few guys are really friendly though.

Leonara
            Ambassador

Congratulations… be your self and perform the job to the best of your ability… I am happy for you that your associates are coming around to accepting you and being friendly thanks for sharing your experience…regards, Leonara

Good to hear that things are working out for you.

Aurora Lynne
      Baroness

Congratulations, Mika. 🙂

I am happy for you that you have the job you wanted and all is going smoothly. I think that the guys just need a bit of time to get used to you. They are probably unsure of how to interact with you.

Some of the issue is that I work alone most of the time. Most of the guys only see me in the morning and at the end of the day. I really could care less what they think but at the end of the day, I am dirtier and sweatier than most of them. So, I’m definitely looking like I’m putting out the effort. Besides, it’s really what my supervisors think that’s most important.

Anonymous

Major major congrats ^_^. So happy for you ❤️

Thanks, Emily. It was a good first week in the job.

The times they are a changing and in this case, in an awesome way!
      Congratulations Mika!!

Thanks, Rei! I know there are some folks there that must be weirded out and aren’t sure how to interact. Most of the time, I work alone and they only see me in the morning and the end of the day. I guess that as long as I keep coming in sweatier and dirtier than most of them, it makes a good impression.

Holy Cow….!!!

Uhm, I can’t even begin to imagine how far you’ve become! That’s fantastic!!!

Rock ON!!

Valerie

Thanks a bunch, Sam!

Hugs!

Thank you, Lisa. Even though I was very confident, there was still that little bit of concern that perhaps I should have kept my gender identity private until after I got hired. It makes me feel even better to work for them now knowing that they did the right thing by not making it an issue. In the second interview, it didn’t even come up (which it shouldn’t have because it was already out there and shouldn’t have been a factor).

Hugs,

Mika

Thanks, Geneviéve. I just finished my first week on the job today. The guys are starting to realize that they can just be normal around me. Plus, I am sweatier and dirtier than most of them at the end of the day so I get some respect for that. The girls all want to talk about my nails which is fun.

Speaking of fun, I had to meet with all the emergency response managers from the fire department and EMT’s. I was pointing to places on a map with my best nail art fingernail. Those guys had no clue about me being transgender until then and it was fun watching them taking glances at all my nails for the rest of the meeting. I honestly enjoy rocking people’s perceptions.

Hugs!

Viewing 42 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?